“Best spa ever”

Ranked #5 of 132 Hotels in Manama
Maui, Hawaii
“Best spa ever”
Reviewed 23 November 2012

This hotel is so beautifully done. It's spa is one of the best recreational places for me. I came to Bahrain for business and was billeted in this hotel where they have a Turkish spa. The spa place had a beautiful indoor swimming pool and a Turkish spa steam room. I thoroughly enjoyed the spa treatment after traveling for at least a day and a half by plane. After that, I went and had a meal by the beach. The area reminded me so much of these luxurious places in Cannes. My room overlooked the beach front and staff service was impeccable. I had enjoyed my stay immensely.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the beach front.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Benjamin S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Ritz Carlton is a hotel company known for their excellent level of attentive service, high luxury properties and there are severeal factors which stand behind the brand's success but, they need to step it up.
In the past my experience when staying at other RC properties it has been truly amazing but when staying at the RC bahrain, i felt it was a hassle. It all started when I arrived, they took the alcohol I bought at the duty free away from me (security reasons) i could have it back upon check out. I find this very annoying, they should expect people who are traveling to bring alcohol with them since is a very common practice to buy at the duty free! I stayed at other properties in bahrain and didnt experienced this alcohol thing. This really annoyed me upon arrival, as our stay went along we had a really good time by the pool, spa and other hotel facilities. The satff was very attentive, as per Ritz Carlton standards. But one night i experienced again something a bit annoying, you cant bring visitors to your room after 11pm.
I had a friend which I invited for a quick room service bite to my room since all decent places in town were closed at 2am, and the concierge suggested us to eat at the lobby because visitors are not allowed after 11pm. I understand that bahrain is a destination in which many people have the tendency to bring prostitutes into their hotel rooms but is not the case all the time - they. Seriosly it was so annoying to stay there that i would think twice before booking or recommending this hotel again. With so many other hotel brands coming up this days and stepping up their rooms, facilities and guest experience a stay like this makes you consider other option in the future.
Yes, the hotel is really nice, like very other Ritz and they do have a high level service but they need to be more flexible with things.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view towards the pool
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank greentan
Cumbernauld, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2012

there are no words to discribe this hotel we were made to feel like royalty here , they hae their own beach with a little island u can visit , an amaing pool ,u feel very special here also u have to eat at trader vics while u are there amazing

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Elaine M
Bromborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Absolutely love this hotel and i'm never disappointed with the service. The facilities are great although I have personally never used the spa. The beach joined with the hotel is one of the few I would recommend in Bahrain, clean and well kept.

I would recommend everyone to take a trip to Trader Vics during their stay, nice food with even better cocktails!

If anyone is looking into spending Christmas at the Ritz Bahrain i would dully advise it. We spent last Christmas there are the brunch available was out of this world.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank CharlotteAmberFS
California
Reviewed 7 November 2012

My stay at this hotel has made me question the consistency of experience offered by the Ritz Carlton brand. I have stayed at seven Ritz properties across the world and this has by far been the most disappointing.

First off, I was shocked that the hotel did not allow me to take in a bottle of port wine, despite escalation to the duty manager. My wife only drinks a particular brand and vintage of port which the hotel did not stock. Despite my explaining repeatedly, the hotel did not let me take in a bottle. I have never seen such a draconian policy at any hotel - and one which they do not mention anywhere during the booking process. The security manager told me that they even xray suitcases to check for alcohol bottles (and I thought the Xray machine was a security measure!)

Secondly, the pool area was under major rennovation with cement trucks driving in and out very close to the guest area. I understand that hotels need to renovate, but I feel it unethical that they would not disclose this during the booking process.

Finally, the service was shoddy at all levels. It took 40 minutes to get a cocktail by the pool despite a multutude of staff hanging around the area, the restaurant by the pool served the bread after we were almost done with the main course, it took another 20 minutes to get a scoop of ice cream for our son. The concierge did not seem to know much and finally, on check-out, the most basic question was not asked (how was your stay).

Perhaps this is the best hotel in Bahrain, but it is in no way close to the standard one expects from a Ritz Carlton property. I came away sorely disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank AseemMathur
Ras Tanura
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My husband and I stay at this beautiful hotel for 1 or 2 nights every month and have done so since the early 90's (even when it was still Le Meridian before it became a Ritz Carlton property - infinitely better now!) We live in the Middle East and travel quite a bit so have plenty of 'hotel experience'. This Ritz Carlton is exceptional, not only compared to other hotel brands, but compared to other Ritz Carlton hotels...the ocean front location, restaurants, service, club lounge, rooms, beds, staff...every aspect of it is delightful. If for any reason a customer is unhappy with something the staff will do whatever is necessary to ensure complete satisfaction.
I cannot speak highly enough about the Ritz Carlton Bahrain.

Room Tip: Staying on the club floor is superb. Food served morning, afternoon and evening and alcoholic bevera...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linda T
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 27 October 2012

For Bahrain, it’s a good hotel, a bit old but good . Not sure if does fall into Business hotel or leisure, i think a bit of both. it does have a nice beach and poll facility, the bar - trader vics is amazing., apart of that it is a boring hotel to be a good business hotel for the rest of the week. The service is good up to the level of Ritz. Bit far from the city.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Elisabeth d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manama
Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa
Four Seasons Hotel Bahrain Bay
InterContinental Regency Bahrain
Gulf Hotel Bahrain Convention and Spa
ART Rotana
ART Rotana
#1 of 4 in Amwaj Islands
Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain? Share your experiences!