“Christmas in Bahrain”

Ranked #27 of 132 Hotels in Manama
beaufort
“Christmas in Bahrain”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I stayed in this hotel for Christmas. The main reason I picked the hotel was due to the fact that they had a Christmas tree, Santa was going to be there and they were offering Christmas Eve Dinner and Christmas day lunch and dinner. Being away from family for the holidays it was important to choose a hotel that still offered a traditional Christmas I was accustomed to. Check in was very easy and the staff was friendly. The rooms were cozy and I had a nice view of the city. The lounge and bar was nice and I enjoyed my time there with the live band singing Christmas music. There is a shopping mall attached to the hotel but unless you are very, very rich this is not a mall for the average person. It was a nice hotel for a good price.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
mamdouh_elgohary, Manager at Sheraton Bahrain Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Guest,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us during Christmas and we look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel; perhaps on other special occasion, if you are travelling back to Bahrain before Christmas.

Sheraton Bahrain Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Certainly a nice place, I was happy to be able to get a Guinness in the lounge (even though smoking was allowed). Rooms were well furnished and clean. My only complaint is there wasn't a ton of stuff in walking distance but everything is a quick taxi away and there was never a problem getting a cab. But four stars for Guinness.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
mamdouh_elgohary, Manager at Sheraton Bahrain Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Guest,

We are happy to read you've enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your visit and we will make sure Guinness will be available in An Nada Lounge.

Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,026 helpful votes
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I have been to many Sheratons over the years but this is not one I would want to return.

I enjoy Bahrain but there are many other hotels with better surroundings and comfort.

If you enjoy traveling and want an overall good experience I would skip this place.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank arizonaac
Dear Guest,

We would be happy to know more about your experience at our property. Please feel free to drop by a line on my email mamdouh.elgohary@sheraton.com It would be helpful if we could get more details about your stay which will definitely help us improve our services and facilities.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

it was a very bad experience for a five star hotel . i don't remember noticing any good thing in the hotel . the staff were very rood . the building were very old . 2 restaurants were close . room service were terrible .

they only have a good location

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank J7_kw
mamdouh_elgohary, Manager at Sheraton Bahrain Hotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at our property.
Please be assured that we treat your comment very seriously. Your comments about the behavior of our associates have been shared to the head of department who will definitely investigate and take an action. Please note that you’ve stayed with us in July 2013, a Ramadan period wherein most of the restaurant should be closed during the day.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Bahrain Hotel.

Mohammed Shafee
Director of Guest Service
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed there for 3 nights during a business trip. The hotel had no life, very bad location nothing to see around it, no where to walk t. Location aside, the hotel itself was like a ghost town. They have a pub that is very gloomy.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
mamdouh_elgohary, Manager at Sheraton Bahrain Hotel, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience.

Kindly note that all the points you have mentioned on your review have been shared with our management team in order to improve the facilities so we can serve you better.

We apologize for any inconvenience this caused you and we hope that we will have another opportunity to welcoming you to our hotel.

Paris, France
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

This is a hotel that you love to stay and return back to it. Location is in the hart if the city. Rooms are clean, nicely done and very comfortable beds. Staff are friendly caring. This is a great hotel with very relaxing atmosphere. I forgot some stuff at my room and I received an email from the hotel offering to keep the stuff for 3 months. Such action demonstrates the honesty of the staff in which I really admire them for.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Our team was delighted reading your comments on online.

Knowing that a happy guest walk out on our door and spread the news of our great service and a great experience at our hotel makes us a proud team.

Your kind comments provides our team an inspiration on making every guests experience as good as yours.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 29 November 2013

On the 28th of Nov, 2013 the UNDP launched the water governance report in Sheraton Hotel. Personally I attended the launch of the report, and I believe it was a perfect venue for this event.

Firstly the location of the hotel is very strategic. It's in the diplomatic area in Manama. The parking system is easy and they are enough employees to help you find your way out of the parking (if) you got lost.

The main lobby is very elegant and the receptionist helped me to find the hall. Although the hall was in the ground floor, yet it was very professionally prepared and managed. Before the event starts, everything was ready from drinks and cakes to the complete preparation of the event hall.

The speakers had a technical issues with the microphone, but very quickly tech support solved the issues. In less than a minute. Also the hall was big enough to accommodate more than 300 people easily.

The variety of food was one of the best varieties of Bahrain's hotels. The deserts were even better than my mom's deserts. I couldn't fill myself more than one plate.

I haven't sleep in any of the rooms. I am clearly speaking about my experience in attending an event in the Sheraton.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business