Al Safir Hotel & Tower
US$150
US$136
US$218
US$175
Ramada Hotel Bahrain(Manama)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$236
US$215
US$269
US$175
All reviewsstar classan indoor swimming pooljuffair areagrand mosquetea and coffee facilitiesclean hotelbreakfast is servedwifi is freeenjoyed my staybig roomhouse keepingwalking distancebed was comfortablestar hotelspecial thankscucinavarieties
Reviewed 30 January 2013

The size of the room far exceeded expectations but that does not make up for their terrible service. My original booking was for 5 nights in the 2 bedroom executive apartment with my business associate. However, we checked out and changed hotels on the 3rd night due to the service. Upon check in even though the room was booked with a credit card reservation 2 weeks in advance that had no idea of my arrival and tried to put in the wrong room. After showing my reservation to the woman who worked at the front desk she then gave me the key to the wrong room 3 times and finally once she put me in the room I actually booked she told me that it was an "upgrade". The wifi did not work for the first two days even though it was inclusive in the room and they refused to do anything about it or give an estimated time on when it would be back up. If you're counting on bringing a visitor back to the hotel with you it will cost you 15BD which is a little over $40. The room was nice but also very expensive and it did nothing for the incompetency of the staff and horrible service. My advice is stay clear of this place.

Room Tip: Heard good things about the Ramee especially if you're working on the Naval Station.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Blake B
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I have stayed at the Al Safir Hotel and Tower several times in the past. I have had nothing but wonderful things to say. This time it was different. I didn't have internet connection for most of my stay, shower water was at a much cooler temperature than before, and there was only one television channel i was able to watch. The staff of course are the best. That is one reason why I continue to come back.

Room Tip: Try using feather beds.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Stephen D, Director of Sales at Al Safir Hotel & Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for oyur continuous support to Al Safir Hotel. I truly appreciate your comments and your feedback on your very recent stay with us. My apologoes for all that did not turn out to your expectations. I have taken up your valuable comments with the respective department within to overcome the shortcomings you faced and to ensure your next stay is as comfortable as your previous stay.

Thank you once again and look forward to meeting you during your next visit.

Stephen Daniel

Reviewed 19 August 2012

i stayed in this hotel only one night as a transit .
this stay was on 23-10-2009
it was very noisy hotel.
the night club sounds really disturb us and we can't sleep until they finish.
the room not good.
beds very small.
the bath is not luxury.
there is no enough soaps and shampoo and towels ,
food is quite good but not fantastic.
i think it is not good hotel for relax.
but it is good for business man who can sleep and then go to his work because it is in the middle of bahrain.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Stephen D, Director of Sales at Al Safir Hotel & Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2013

We regret that your short stay with us has not been comfortable but since 2009, there has been various positive changes and upgrades ensuring guests comfort.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

i stayed here a couple years ago, so I can't comment on the current situation, but at the time, ours was excellent. Like some other reviewers we were put here by Gulf Air. I wasn't expecting much, so i was pleasantly surprised when we got to this hotel. From what I remember we were in the main hotel building on the second floor. We got a fairly spacious room - very clean, extremely comfortable beds, good-size bathroom and no problems with water pressure or noise. The only issue I had was that the bathroom was a little dark. The room itself had a really big window and was quite bright. We weren't here very long (maybe about 14 hours), but honestly, after such a long flight before and after, this was a really nice break. The food was also really good, just a little repetitive for some items (it was a buffet).

Stayed January 2010.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your review and comments. There has been a major changeover in the property and we have made changes in the lighting in the bathrooms as well.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Gulf Air had to put us up here for 12 hours after they cancelled our flight.
Our room was pretty basic, but big, & we had to call housekeeping to change the batteries in the safe so that it worked. Beds were comfy, bathroom & shower were good but quite a climb into the bath. I'm guessing we didn't have their best room as we were on a stopover.
The reception staff automatically deferred to, & spoke to, my husband, even though I visibly had both passports & money, ignoring me. That didn't go down well.
Bar was ok - again I felt that they weren't that used to women guests being in there, & it was quite smoky despite the smoking area being separated.
The restaurant was ok - we had 3 meals there.
The hotel complex has other restaurants in the grounds, & a nightclub.
Location wise - it is outside the main drag, but very near the Palace mosque, which is a fantastic building. Over the road is a nice coffee place & shopping arcade - its a very dusty place so be prepared.
Not the hotels fault, but Immigration at the airport was the worst & slowest I've ever known - we won't go back to Bahrain!

Room Tip: Good views from higher up
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ducatibabe

Thank you for your comments and review about our facilities and services. We regret if we have not been to your expectations but would like to assure you that there has been a great change form teh time you have stayed with us and now, the rooms are modern and a brand new ulift has been given to the Hotel. We do deserve anotehr change to change your view about your experience and certainly look forward to welcoming you once again to our Hotel and Bahrain.