Stayed here for one night on business. On the whole I found it very comfortable - HUGE room, lovely view, good shower, comfy bed etc. Noise wasn't too much of an issue either. It's expensive for what it is, but I couldn't find much fault with the room itself.
Check-in staff were polite and helpful, but not the most efficient I've come across - sometimes a little slow to help. I arrived on an early morning flight and tried my luck by asking for an early check-in. I was told all rooms had been full the night before and none had been prepared yet, but if I could wait I'd be given the first one that was available. After waiting in the comfortable lobby for 30 minutes I asked how long they thought it might be for a room to come available and they said it would probably be at least half an hour. I wished they had told me this in the first place! In the end I asked if I could use the shower facilities at their spa to freshen up and this was not a problem. The facilities were excellent.
Location is OK in town, but the nearest shops are about a 10 minute walk away. Just walking out the hotel is a bit of a mission in itself, down a long path. I asked late at night if there was internet cafe nearby and was directed to a coffee shop with complimentary access for customers, which was useful. After walking around a deserted Manama at 10.00pm I ordered room service when I got back and 30 minutes later my food arrived - well presented and tasty.
On the whole the hotel was comfortable and provided everything I needed, but for the money I would expect a bit more if I was paying for it myself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa is just minutes from Bahrain international airport as well as the shopping districts. Large comfortable rooms welcome you with warm, a spacious floor plan and amenities like complimentary high-speed Internet. Be sure to utilize your complimentary access to the hotel's Diplomat Spa and fitness center. Olivos Brasserie hosts the daily breakfast buffet in addition to lunch and dinner options. Three restaurants serve international and local favorites while the bar pours tasty drinks. Food choices include creative Italian at Mondo Bar, Lounge & Restaurant; a merger of tastes from China, Thailand, Japan, Vietnam and the Pacific islands at Kontiki; or traditional pub fare at Fiddlers Green. There are also three outdoor lagoon-style swimming pools in a tranquil garden setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Rezidor, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence And Spa
- The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence Hotel Manama
- Radisson Manama
- Manama Radisson
- Diplomat Hotel Bahrain
- The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa Bahrain/Manama