The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsroyal clubkontiki restaurantolivos restaurantirish pubkon tikinice pool areaclose to the airportnice hotelthe executive loungeduring ramadanpool sidestandard roomrooms are comfortableroom serviceclub roomvisiting bahrainbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2009

We stayed in many hotels in Bahrain befiore like : GULF HOTEL-SHERATON-CROWNE PLAZA, but they didn't meet our expectations. Since the arrival you feel that The RADISSON has the most professional staff with the concierge waiting for you with his accomodating smile.
The staff are very professional and friendly I can recognise Girlie from reception, Mahmood from concierge , Dinesh from Housekeeping, Tessa from Mondo.
The food is excellent. We enjoyed their live band THE BOXTONES in the Irish Pub. Also for a business traveler we were really relaxed after a nice massage in the SPA.
In general we enjoyed our stay at The Radisson and for sure it will become our address in Bahrain.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2009

The hotel is being rennovated from the outside and looks amazing! such an improvement on what it was before. The doormen recognised me and welcomed me back, a nice touch! reception was quick and my room spotlessly clean. The club lounge was so worth the extra money with great views and the staff cannot do enough to help you there.
The Gym is 1st class and the instructors are always on hand to help you with your routine and a free stretch out at the end!! my wife had a spa treatment (phytomer facial) and said it was totally heavenly and one of the best she has ever had.
We had dinner in the trendy Italian Mondo and the food was excellent and again the service faultless.
Overall a great place for a getaway and weekend break if you are coming to Bahrain. Its located close to the airport and easy to get to the shopping districts.
Definitely will return again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2009

Although decent hotel for the price, the all inclusive breakfast doesn't include coffee ! and i'm not talking about any fancy cappuccino. Regular coffee and tea are charged separately. They don't tell you this but insist on offering you coffee every morning. Business Friendly Bahrain is the motto of the country. I told them them this was not business friendly and wouldn't budge until they removed the ridiculous charge from my bill. Bunch of thieves. Everything is extra at this hotel except for the gym - this is standard Radisson practice: offer a low rate excluding taxes and service charges to get the business and then sell you internet, and even coffee on top of a 30 euro supposedly all inclusive breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2009

I throughly enjoyed my stay in the heart of bahrain. Grand view of the business district and very close to market place and Indian markets and Indian restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2009

The hotel was beautiful and the room was very nice and comfortable. The restaurant was excellent and I thought I was very lucky........until the workmen started hammering, banging and drilling in the room next to me at 6.30am. I complained at about 6.00pm and the noise was very much reduced. The duty Manager assured me that the work would resume at 8.00am the following morning (when I would be out of the room), but it started again at 6.30am - after another phone call of complaint the noise did indeed stop. There was scaffolding outside my window (access for the room next door) so I could not look out as it meant that groups of workmen stared up at me. To be fair I was offered another room, but as I was soon to be leaving it was not worth the effort. The hotel gave me a free ride to the airpost as a way of helping out, but I would advise anybody going there to make sure they are away from the builders. The renovations will go on for a long time yet. If I had been in another room I would have probably had a very nice stay indeed, the staff were all very polite and professional!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business