“Wonderful Short trip”

Ranked #1 of 133 Hotels in Manama
Cairo, Egypt
“Wonderful Short trip”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Was wonderful short trip spent four days, food service all was great, at reception I got a great smile from the receptionists and they was very helpful with me and they provided me with a great information and where to go in Bahrain and I am happy that I enjoyed my stay indeed

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Jasmin G, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Regency Bahrain, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear TommySaba,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience about your recent stay with us at the InterContinental Regency Bahrain. We are happy to hear that your enjoyed your time with us we and hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed here for 3 weeks in June, 2014 while my working visa is being processed. I never stayed in any hotel this long and I can say that my experience was very pleasing and relaxing. Most of the staff are very friendly, helpful, caring and accommodating - from the front desk, to the buffet restaurant and at the health club. I have made so many friends in the hotel during my stay. I would like to thank specially the beautiful ladies at the 'Selections' restaurant - Charlyn, Katrine and Maria and their supervisor Rica, and also Allen & Kumar, who took care of me 3 times a day round-the-clock whenever I pop-in to have my meals. The food there is awesome with lots of varieties. At the Health & Spa Club, you have to experience their soothing massage. I forgot the name of the masseur, he is very very good. I consider it as one of my best massage ever. Don't forget to try the steam bath. I use it after my morning jog and I can tell you, it was so relaxing. Talk to Kristine & Dhanya at the front desk if you want to know where to go around the city or whatever you want to do. They can suggest the best places to visit and things to do. The hotel location is in the center where souks & malls are just around the corner. I definitely be staying here again whenever I will visit Bahrain. It feels like home with the family.

Room Tip: Do not stay near the elevator and the entrance of the housekeeping room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jasmin G, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Regency Bahrain, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Virgilio Roy D,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the InterContinental Regency Bahrain. We are happy to read such nice compliments about our hotel, the service you have received and of course our team. I will certainly share your feedback with the entire staff and recognize all team members you so kindly commended.

Again, we appreciate you recommending our hotel as destination of choice to other travelers and hope to welcome you back "home" in the very near future.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I spent two weeks at Intercontinental Regency in June 2014. I have never felt at home this much when staying at a hotel. The staff was extremely service-minded and friendly. I would especially like to mention Ahmed, Maria and all the others at Selection Restaurant, one of the restaurants at the hotel. They made my stay a true pleasure with their genuine care. After one day they all knew my name, where I wanted to sit and what tea I preferred for breakfast. I stayed at the hotel while my fellow Swedes back home celebrated Midsummer, the most important feast of the year. Ahmed and the chef at Selection made the impossible happen; they organized a wonderful dinner based of Swedish specialities I could never imagined they would have found in the Middle East. I really, really look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jasmin G, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Regency Bahrain, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Mr. Nils,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that Ahmed and his team in Selections provided you with excellent service and made you feel like home. We will make sure to share your kind words with the entire staff, inspiring to always aim higher.

Again, we appreciate you choosing InterContinental Regency Bahrain and hope to welcome you back soon.

InterContinental Regency Bahrain
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here in May '14, deviating a bit from my regular haunt Crowne Plaza, Manama - only becuase I have always stayed there during all my visits over the the past 2 years and wanted to try something different as Crowne Plaza were busy as well......and Honestly, it was a pleasant surprise.

Let me please start with the best.

Handsdown - I love their gym by the pool side. One of the best gyms in any IHG property.

Their Downtown bar was an absolute surprise!! SHALL I SAY THAT THEIR RESIDENT BAND IS (OR) IT SHOULD BE THE BEST BANDS IN BAHRAIN......I am not exaggerating and from what I have seen of them, no other band I have seen thus far have their vocal variety and such immaculate performance of a wide array of genres. I was really taken by surprise.....and thank you to the front office staff for suggesting I visit Downtown that day!!

The overall servide at the hotel is good and the internet connection is good too.

The laundry service was super fast and so was their room service.

The hotel has a beautiful lobby.

The staff are very courteous and I really liked the Lexus they drove me into the Airport!

As a Platinum Elite member with IHG, I take pleasure in recommending this hotel to my fellow travelers.

Cheers,
Syed M. H

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Syed M. H,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience about your recent stay at the InterContinental Regency Bahrain. We are thrilled to read that your enjoyed all our hotel has to offer, from the room, to the hotel facilities, our resident band "Cinderalla Rockafella" and of course the kind words about our team.

Again, we appreciate you recommending our hotel as destination of choice to other travelers and you loyalty as a Platinum IHG Rewards member.

We hope to get to provide you with the usual "IHG First Class" service on the next visit to Manama.

Tiverton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Everything just as you'd expect from an Intercontinental hotel. Rooms are fine, restaurants OK and staff are friendly.

What it does lack is a bit of soul, has plenty of opulence but everything seems like you are walking around a mosque or church. There is no vibrancy.

Good to use as a place to lay your head, but head out to experience a bit of life. Unless you are over 60.

A bit of a hike to get to the gym and breakfast is better in some cheaper hotels...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jasmin G, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Regency Bahrain, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Oilydan ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valued feedback about your stay with us at the InterContinental Regency Bahrain. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and it's facilities. You indeed traveled during a fairly slow time of the year, right before Ramadan, so the hotel ran a rather low occupancy.

We very much hope to welcome you back at your next visit to Bahrain.

St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Typical IC with excellent service, perfect breakfast and convenient location just by the Golden Market. Excellent receptionists. Good massage. OK pool area, a bit outdated, just a few spots where you can be in the shadow because of 40C heat. Nice place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank alexzhdanov
Jasmin G, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Regency Bahrain, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear alexzhdanov,

Thank you very much for sharing your valued feedback about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your kind words about our team and are happy to to hear that you were able to make time to relax in our Spa. We are always looking into ways of improving our services and facilities so we have taken a note of your comment about our pool area.

Again, we appreciate you choosing InterContinental for your visit to Bahrain and hope to welcome you back soon.

Hamm
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Very good Hotel in Manama. Nice renovated rooms and a very good Club Lounge with a lot of Choices for Wine and Beer and Spirit. Personal very friendly. For Dinner in the Club Lounge there is a choice of 4 Main Courses plus Soup, Sushi, Salad and Dessert.
The only negative thing are Saudi Men who come to Manama and drink a lot of Alcohol there.
Also in Manama is a lot of nightlife with ladies of the night.But luckily not so much in the InterContinental. This takes place in 2 or 3 Star Hotels through out the City. It´s not easy to believe, but this Arabian City seemed more sinful than Bangkok or Cities like that.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jasmin G, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Regency Bahrain, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Reisebeer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay online. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food and beverage selection in our Club InterContinental lounge and that our team made your time with us special and memorable.

Again, we appreciate your kinds words and hope to welcome you back at the InterContinental Regency Bahrain in the very near future.