“The Best Hotel in Bahrain”

InterContinental Regency Bahrain
Ranked #1 of 137 Hotels in Manama
Reviewed 22 August 2014

There are a whole lot of nice hotels in Bahrain, more and more all the time. But this one, the InterContinental Regency Bahrain, is the best. That is exactly what I have been saying in my reviews for the past few years. It ticks all the boxes, meets all my needs and any other traveler. It is the whole package as hotels go – and then more. I will simply say that if you want the best, stay here. Read on further if you want to know why it is the best…

The InterContinental Regency Bahrain is a stellar five star hotel. And like all the truly greats in any area, the InterContinental Regency Bahrain is not satisfied to rest on past achievements. No, this hotel’s amazing staff keeps trying to be better, keeps searching for ways to improve, and keeps succeeding at getting better and better.

My husband and I spent 4 blissful days there last week at the end of our 3+ week vacation in Europe. It was a perfect way to relax and prepare to jump back into “real life”. Because at the InterContinental Regency Bahrain everything is always easy, always perfect. This hotel consistently offers excellence for any type of traveler in all the important areas. The location is convenient to everything: malls, airport, even the Manama Souks. The rooms and suites are luxurious and spotlessly clean, with premium comfort in every way. The Club Lounge is simply the BEST, with a wonderful food and beverage selection; it is just a great place to unwind. The lobby is serenely beautiful, soothing you the minute you walk in, the restaurants sparkle and shine on the mezzanine and offer so many delicious dining options. The pools and Health Spa (Eunice is a remarkable technician who does everything so well!) are lovely, the full gym a great find at a hotel, and both the men’s and ladies’ salons are excellent. The Downtown Club is a constantly fun place to go to hear great music in a classy and vibrant setting; and the new band is fantastic – go hear Evolver as soon as you can! They are excellent musicians – and a whole lot of fun.

I do believe what drives the InterContinental Regency Bahrain forward (and upward) are the people who make up the amazing staff. These people care about you and want your stay to be perfect. We are greeted by name on arrival, and sadly escorted out when we leave. They take “personal service” to a new level. Zulal Gul is a shining example of why I love this hotel. Each time I see her she is smiling so warmly and is so efficient that I am amazed by her energy levels! She is this way for every guest – making them seem so at home. And Benson George is a never failing rock in the Club Lounge. He has helped us many times with future arrangements, as well as making sure every part of each stay is perfect. Thank you to both of them. Again. There are many others as well, and new faces that continue to add to the charm of this hotel. Haifa is wonderfully welcoming and cheerfully helpful; Kay Chee is a new addition to the Club Lounge who works hard to meet every need. Dion in reception is committed to helping each guest in any way he can.

So, as I said to start with, this hotel is the best of all there is to offer in Bahrain. Give it a try it for yourself. Then next time it will be your review that raves about all that is perfection at the InterContinental Regency Bahrain

Room Tip: The Club Lounge is excellent, and the Ambassador program a great value.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Jasmin G, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Regency Bahrain, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear PSKSADhahran,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the InterContinental Regency Bahrain with us and other travelers. We are just blown away by your amazing feedback about all aspects of our hotel and appreciate the kind words about Zulal and Benson. We are indeed very lucky to have them on our team and will celebrate their efforts to make your stay with us comfortable and memorable.

We appreciate you recommending our hotel as destination of choice to other travelers and hope to welcome you back already very soon.

Guest Experience Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,721)

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I am so glad staying in this outstanding hotel.The staff are nice and very helpful,they treat you like a family.They are very sensible to the need of their guests, attentive to a request or service.I like that feeling of being at home.I am grateful to the staff,especially ROLANDO and AROLD of Concierge Team.MARK,MARIA and SHARYL at the restaurant. CHRISTIN at the front desk.Having this people in the hotel is huge plus to the company!

• Stayed: August 2014
Jasmin G, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Regency Bahrain, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Dear Oligario J,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about our hotel.. We are thrilled to hear that you feel like "home" at our hotel and appreciate the compliments about our team members. They are indeed our biggest asset and we will make sure to recognize their efforts to make you time with us here in Manama memorable.

Again, thank you very much for recommending our hotel as destination of choice to other travelers and hope to welcome you back already very soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Another superb stay on the 7th floor at this wonderful hotel. Staff are second to none- Kay and all the team are helpful, gracious and offer quality service with a friendly yet professional approach. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Jasmin G, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Regency Bahrain, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear John H,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your stays in our hotel. We are happy to hear that we are continuously delivering a great guest experience and will definitely share your kinds words with our team.

We appreciate you recommending our hotel as destination of your choice to other travelers and hope to welcome you back soon.

Guest Experience

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Intercon never fails expectations from the time we were picked up from the airport. Check in was a breeze. Breakfast had the standard offering but what stands out were the fruit selection and their service. They really make sure you feel great on your first encounter for the day. Their steak restaurant Legendz is a must try and also would not disappoint as we were served by Rahul. Their Concierge desk was excellent as they took care of our inland travels with no delay and gave good restaurant recommendations. Special thanks to Rolando at the desk who made sure of this. Room amenities were complete and linen were comfy. Dai at reception was good enough to extend my check out time to 330pm as my flight was later in the day. Check out was a fast and friendly courtesy of Haifa. Will definitely choose this hotel again when I return to Bahrain.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Jasmin G, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Regency Bahrain, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Adolfo C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share you comments about our most recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that your enjoyed our hotel, our steakhouse Legendz and the services we provided to you. We especially appreciate the kind worlds about Haifa, Rolando and Rahul and will make sure to recognize their efforts to make your time with us here in Bahrain memorable.

We hope to get the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I have stayed a couple of times in this fine hotel, due to our business engagement and catering to our meetings. My meeting and stay took place on Jan 20th, 2014 for two nights. The main reasons for choosing to stay in Intercontinental Regency Bahrain are:

- Competitive corporate rate for our meeting attendants.
- High recognition of my IHG Ambassador status.

The hotel is located in the heart of Manama, on the main road, near all the Manama businesses and offices and governmental buildings. It's a 5 minute walk to the oldest area in Bahrain, Bab Al Bahrain or Bahrain Gate. You are highly encouraged to pay it a visit, but avid at high temperature seasons as it is wide open and hot/humid.

As for the hotel, the parking lot is reserved only for the hotel with security gates and personnel to ensure the safety of the residents. The lobby is spacious with courteous receptionists that recognized my Ambassador status and upgraded me instantly, along the choice of amenities for the Ambassador program members.

The room is quite spacious, with a big working desk, a reading chair and a king sized bed. The hotel has been recently re-furnished thus everything is brand new and up to the modern needs. I have to admit that I have never used their in-room room service to order, but I have tried their breakfast buffet and lunch and they have good varieties and selections.

Their jazz basement bar/restaurant (forgot its name) is cozy and they have a great sandwiches/salads menu. I have tried it at late hours before closing and it was done in the best manner!

For other options which I recommend, is to walk around the hotel since there are many fast food joints across from (Hardee's, Papa Johns, Dairy Queen, KFC, etc.) and there are also many bank ATMS and telecom company branches to provide service, aside from mini-marts. Thus with this hotel, you are covered for any needs at lower market price.

Since I have been upgraded to a deluxe room, I will talk about the amenities found there since I don't know about status of the standard room. Intercontinental provides a huge set of amenities, which I really like! in the bathroom, they provide a dental kit, shaving kit, a special kit for ladies for all their needs, aside from a sewing kit too! The room comes along with a tea/coffee maker set and supply.
What I truly like about the room is also their choice of pencils and pens, please note their degree of detail and comfort and compare it to other hotel amenities.

If you are traveling to Bahrain for business and need a fine place to stay at, give this hotel a definite try!

Room Tip: Go for deluxe/club floor rooms, it's worth the money!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Nayef A,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. It's always nice to read such fantastic feedback from valued and loyal guests such as yourself and we are very pleased to read that we are constantly providing you with a great guest experience.

We appreciate your patronage as an IHG Platinum Ambassador and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights for work and this is the perfect hotel which gets customer service.

The staff is super friendly and helpful. They go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Ronaldo at the Concierge desk makes things happen, gives great restaurant advice and checks up to make sure arrangements were good.

We had breakfast in the hotel and it is fantastic. the food quality is great and i asked for an Indian tea and the wait staff (Arun?) went into the kitchen and made it specially for me. This was the first.

The bar in the hotel has a live band and was a great place to be.
The bed is so comfortable that I would have liked to pack it up and take it with me back home. I could not fault my stay here and would come back. its walking distance to the souk and well located to many popular chain restaurants.

Room Tip: I was very happy with the room they gave me. Go for the King bed...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Portia1972,

Thank you very much for taking the time for share you experience on the web. We are blown away by the fantastic feedback about your stay and are happy to read that your enjoyed our restaurants and the live entertainment in our Downtown bar. I will also make sure to share your kinds word about our team, inspiring to always aim higher to make our guests time in Bahrain memorable.

Again, we appreciate you recommending InterContinental Regency Bahrain as destination of choice to other travelers and hope to welcome you at your "home away from home" in the vey near future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Intercon Regency is my best destination to stay in Bahrain, it has an amazing staff whom they were able to faciliate all the things i need during my stay. i liked the furniture and the security within the hotel in addtiion to the two swimming pools.

Room Tip: economic and marvellous stay
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Beero0,

Wow, thank you so much for your amazing feedback. We are thrilled to read such fantastic comments about our hotel and the service delivered by our team. I will make sure to share your feedback with our entire staff, inspiring us to aim higher and offer a memorable experience.

We really appreciate you recommending us as destination of choice to other travelers and hope to welcome you back soon.