“Amazing service- Fun for the whole family.”
Review of Hani Royal Hotel

Hani Royal Hotel
Ranked #62 of 132 Hotels in Manama
Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia
“Amazing service- Fun for the whole family.”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Nice hospitality, and arranged nicely. The Arabian and Italian style rooms have a very nice arrangement. A wide variety of channels, and a big screen tv. My daughter was very busy decorating the room, there are a very wide variety of light switches, which you can adjust. Also handy for business, with free wifi from your room to the lift. Nice bed, with room service when ever you want. You can also choose not to be disturbed. Breakfast buffet is very nice, with warm eggs and pancakes. Many charging units, and a fridge. Some rooms include dining table and minibar. The room service will come 2 x a day, and also at 8 to set the table and clean up. Nice pool, with barbecue area. Large meeting rooms, for 150 people. Bathroom with warm water, but it takes a while. Wake up calls and breakfast in bed are optional. Bathroom can be changed from yellow gold to blue. Nice and clean. Lobby very pretty, with optional balconies. Pretty view, from all sides. Arabic style rooms have a very nice smell, obv. Arabic. For a good price, I would definitely advise this. With a really nice massages, and Turkish baths. Also a jacuzzi indoors and outdoors. Very nice atmosphere.

Room Tip: High floors have nicer views- you don't want to be on the 3rd floor, it is where the AC's ar...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Corina J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Arabic first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Very large room and bathroom.
Nicely decorated room, with spatious sitting area, desk etc, but no rack for suitcase.
Not enough lighs, insuficient to read.
Huge TV at sitting area, coud see from bed.
Bathroom with separate show and tub, lots of "amenities", including toobrush kit which was very usefull since my luggage came a day later.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank PavlosGRE
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I had a very long layover in Manama, and instead of camping out on airport benches for 12 hours, I decided to get a room at the Hani Royal Hotel. I found the offer through booking.com and paid 55 BHD for a room and breakfast.

The room itself is very gaudy. Nevertheless, the seating area and workstation are nice. It should go without saying that the TV is very nice and an adequate range of channels is provided (notably OSN). With that in mind, the TV does not swivel, so it’s not great for viewing from the bed.

The bed is huge, the bedding was comfortable, and the A/C worked great (almost too good). The bathroom is huge (shower and separate bathtub), but the water never got hot, just warm. The blue lighting is annoying. Also, be careful not to slip in the shower; that tile surface is slick!

Though I arranged for one, I never got a wake-up call. Instead, about 15 minutes after my requested time, a security guard came to my door telling me to go to a meeting. It was all a very confusing situation, maybe because it was morning, but probably because I wasn’t there for a meeting! At night when I arrived, the wifi was not working, but the next morning it was.

The breakfast was adequate and provided a good Middle Easten selection. My big complaint is that only Nescafé was available for breakfast. They wanted me to pay extra for real coffee. No thanks!

I was happy that I stayed here instead of the airport, but I may look at other places should I need to stay in Bahrain again. For the price, my experience was average to good.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank JacquesWeber
Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I have to say that our first time in Bahrain was nice, except for the experience we had at Hani Royal Hotel. I am not one to be picky, but I wasn't too enthused by their hospitality.
I reserved a deluxe twin room on agoda.com.at a great price. Unfortunately, we missed our flight in Kuwait due to the "wonderful" traffic and organization of their airport. We gave a courtesy call to Hani Royal Hotel to let them know we will be arriving late since we missed our 930pm flight. My family and I arrived to Hani Royal around 1 a.m. to be told by the reception desk that they gave up our room! We asked "why" since we gave them a courtesy call, but all they could do was apologize with no explanation. So we had to wait close to 30 minutes while they looked for other available rooms that were "clean & ready". Mind you, we were tired and frustrated about how everything has been going. We ended up being put into a King Deluxe Italian room( which has one king -size bed to sleep on for myself, husband, and 4 year old daughter; my husband slept on the couch) then being moved to the room I originally reserved the "next" day.
My husband spoke with the manager asking for some kind of compensation because of them giving up our room and the manager told him he would have to "check" first. The manager gave us a call back about an hour later and said we could have "complimentary Thai massages" from "true Thai masseuses" to make up for the trouble, but my husband suggested complimentary lunch buffet instead. The manager again told us he would have to "check" and after another long while later, he reluctantly agreed with that.
The twin deluxe room we moved into was nice; arabian-style decor, white leather couches, small refrigerator, complimentary coffee and tea, glass chandelier, desk, 52" flat screen LED TV on the wall ( i hope i detailed that correctly ) --all modern-conteporary decor & lighting which is really chic. The bathroom is the feature of the room , in my opinion, with the black marble walls and floor, glass shower, and "jacuzzi" tub ( with no jacuzzi jets just as an FYI ), and the soft, neon-blue backdrop lighting gives the bathroom that zen-type feel, but also be aware that the glass showers in the twin deluxe room and the king deluxe italian room have a glass ( practically floor to ceiling) window where you can be seen showering..so if you had your family or visitors sitting on the couch, they would have a great view of you showering! I'm not sure if all the bathrooms are like that, but be sure to ask if you plan on staying at this hotel. After seeing the showers, it may seem more appropriate for couples, not really for family with children.
The hotel could leave more towels in the bathroom, and also the water pressure was so low in the shower and sink.
The breakfast was included, but the food items were not too great; chicken nuggets and baked beans to name a couple..no turkey bacon or turkey sausages, but they do make your eggs the way you want per your request.
The lunch buffet was better, but it was around $26/ person; thank goodness it was complimetary in our situation. There was hummus, potato salad, rolls, pita bread, beef & broccoli, shrimp with vegetables, lasagna, chicken biriyani, potato wedges, rice, soups, salad, fruits, and for dessert leche flan, mango or raspberry pudding, and fruit tarts. Not bad.
The hotel does offer shuttle service to the airport as well as airport pick-up, but there is a charge. We took a taxi which the fare was pretty cheap.
There is a roof-top pool with a bar/restaurant next to it, but it was closed at the time ( we checked it out around 1 in the afternoon and no one was there..pretty dead ) and I noticed there were only 4 lounge chairs available. Maybe the rest were stored away (?).
We also checked out their spa, which I have to say is pretty nice--a relaxing and soft atmosphere. The jacuzzi and moroccan steam baths are separate for men and women; and there is a nice fitness center on the same floor --awesome machines, and they do have free weights; a flat-screen TV while you work out or listen to club music that's playing overhead. My husband went to try the jacuzzi and moroccan steam bath around 10am this morning and they haven't turned them on-- the jacuzzi water was cold and the moroccan steam bath had no steam. It took the staff awhile to get things turned on, and needless to say, my husband didn't get to relax. The spa hours are from 9am-9pm by the way.
Based on our experience, the hotel is, by all means, a nice and chic hotel, but the hospitality and "going the extra mile" for the customer just wasn't there for us. Hopefully there will be better experiences for others at Hani Royal Hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room without the glass window in the showers ( if any ). The hotel is about 5 min...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family