Holiday Villa Bahrain Hotel & Suites
US$115
TripAdvisor
US$84
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Let's get the bad bits out of the way:

Check in and sometimes check out is a shambles

We have stayed several times but this was the first time on a lower floor and it was incredibly noisy from the traffic. Room was changed the next day for one in the 20's and was fine.

Breakfast is disappointing. Go for the cheaper rate and get something outside.

Location has traffic issues but if you are patient you will get there in the end.

Good bits

Great views from higher rooms.

Bright and cheery modern rooms but beginning to show signs of wear.

Very comfy beds and linen.

Good assortment of F&B outlets in walking distance on the way there and staggering distance on the way back if you over indulge.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MJKSA
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This hotel has 30 floors. The room on the corner we got on the 24th floor had marvelous views to the Manama and the sea. It was one of the nicest room we ever got. The room was perfect, and so was the breakfast at the 24th floor. In many hotels the entrance is nicer than the rooms. This hotel has the opposite. The entrance is very basic, but the rooms are great and at least four star level.
The restaurant was except for breakfast not yet operational. There are many eating options nearby, including Indian food and a Japanese and Korean food.
If we go back to Bahrain, we will stay there again.

Room Tip: the higher the floor, the better the view and the more quiet it is.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Haelen
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

I booked thru agoada.com in same day of reservation as it was one of best available rates and review scores.
Horrible Check-in process as it took ~ 25 minutes till I got my room number, my reservation was not updated on their system, I asked for a king size bed but they gave me small one, when I back to reception asking change room , they changed it another one with also small beds :-/
In morning when I went to restaurant , I didn't find my name on system either in old room or the new one, after long time they got a confirmation from reception about the room number but the restaurant waiter told me that breakfast is not included and will charge me!!!
I had to go to reception (restaurant in 31st floor) to solve issue of breakfast and then I back to restaurant again to get their bad food and cold tea! A family was next to my table: Father, mother and 3 children was eating but restaurant charged them for the three kids ! Very rude staff actually.

Location is very good , No alcohol.

I won't go there again

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank hshalaby
Reviewed 19 January 2014

at first we get as a family with teen agers to 2 rooms as booked through Agoda.com
the rooms were far from each other and the AC in my room was not working
however the fantastic manager of the hotel Mr. Soneel was very nice and friendly and he promised us with better rooms next day.
and he kept his promise. he gave us a wonderful suit 2 bed rooms with a fantastic full gulf view and very spacious with nice working AC in all rooms with separate control..
he is the one made our stay in Bahrain fantastic.
the only problem with the hotel is the breakfast it is less than basic.

Room Tip: choose high floor and pick up rooms number 5&6 , you can skip the breakfast
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alaa G
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Would seem that management originally intended to offer a 4 star property in a area where 4 star guests don't necessarily desire to be accommodated. Room was spacious and reasonably well maintained but already showing signs of wear & tear. Glazing does not block out noise from busy thoroughfare in front of the hotel - ferociously loud music from a party in an adjoining hotel could be clearly heard until well past midnight from my room located on the 16th floor! Room service's limited menu was 3 disgustingly soiled photocopied pages. Other than that, the only food served is breakfast on the 31st floor - the other advertised F&B outlets have not (yet!) seen the light of day as is the same for the sun terrace I had hoped to frequent. A basic breakfast worthy of a 2 to 3 star establishment is served from the very late time of 7:30 am. Breakfast room staff very kind & accommodating. Very dirty windows would tend to spoil the otherwise splendid view over Manama.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends