“dishonest cheated around BD 90”

Best Western Plus The Olive
Ranked #34 of 134 Hotels in Manama
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I stay in Best Western olive Hotel in 3rd Feb for 4 days. My Associate Booked Hotel for us there4 they not paid advance so we debit our card for two person BD 48.25 each person. Evening our Associate come and paid all 4 days payment cash. We request Mr.Turu give us assurance our amount is not charged. When we reached back on our destination in our Bank Amount we debited we called account Department Mr. Tapa and Mr. Turo regarding cheating and dishonesty even we give him our Bank Statement where amount was debited they are advising we paid Mr. Rafat to whom it is not concern with us. We don't know the name who give them mean they used only name not paid amount. Pl. mail id : unibrogroup@yahoo.com and Skype Id: makh786.

Pl. avoid this Hotel management with account are corrupt. Extra Billing, Mis commitment and lie is their nature.

M. AKRAM KHAN (Neck name : Makky)
Mobile No. +9665 61623742

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
5  Thank Makky R

Reviewed 1 April 2013

I picked this hotel because it was new and looked nice compared to the other hotels with the same price in Bahrain.

The staff were the best part of the stay. Two Bahraini staff were very friendly and helpful. One of them even showed me how to use my iPhone to reach destinations in Bahrain ;)

The breakfast was ok. It had variety but not everything was cooked well. It was good enough though.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Hotel was fine apart from my airport pick up did not happen and the spa was not open. Rooms spacious and clean. Fantastic rainfall shower. Breakfast was good. Rooftop pool area was really nice although did not have chance to use it due to high winds and pool being in the shade, therefore water was very cold.

would have rated the hotel higher if the spa had been open. Wuld use hotel again if the price was right.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Although it looks very boring from its surroundings and also the outside , inside it is fitted to a very modern and contemporary standard and I enjoyed my stay. Couple of things to be aware of , this hotel is close the the grand mosque but nothing else. I booked this hotel through LastMinute.com and wished I had not. LastMinute did not pay the hotel before I left so I had the pay the hotel myself and raise an issue with LastMinute. My serious advice is never use LastMinute and book the hotel direct and save yourself a lot of hassle. For the first night I ate in the Indian Restaurant. Very good food and good atmosphere. Although there were only 3 people in the restaurant they had a 4 piece Indian Band playing and it was great to eat and chat to the band at the same time. Worth a visit. I spent my next day walking from Juffair to Manama. It is a long way, but very safe and no problems at all. Manama itself is an odd little place, a mix of brand new buildings and the old market area. It is 40 years since I was last in Bahrain, and it is unrecognisable. Lots of people but I didn't see many Bahraini,s most of the population out on a Friday are Philippines, Indians or Pakistanis. A very safe an nice place to visit if only for a long weekend. Not much to do there but I liked it.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank uktraveller1959
Reviewed 1 February 2013

It's new, it's nice... but rooms are poorly insulated for sound. Many guests appear to be Saudi males, who care little for the comfort of others: shouting/ banging on doors/ loud music pass through easily to the rooms as the doors don't keep out noise. Wifi works well most time, bu it is a pain to have to constantly re-enter username and password. Staff very friendly and helpful

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank johnz
Reviewed 19 January 2013

The ambiance of the hotel was so good. And the interior of the rooms and lobby were pleasing. A good high speed Internet. The gym room was equipped with all the necessary amenities. The breakfast provided was really good. Overall, it was a pleasant stay.I would like to visit this hotel again and I recommend my friends to stay here.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Acosta R
Reviewed 1 January 2013

When I was told I was staying at a Best Western, I was like "NO". But after making it to the building and getting to my room my mind was changed. This is a premier Best Western and people should stay here when visting. The staff is friendly and the free breakfast was good. ONly issues I had was the noise the doors made. When anyone closed it sounded like someone was trying to kick your door down. Then the other problem I had was my card being charged for nights after I checked out. BUT after a lengthy discusion, it was resloved and everyone was happy with the outcome. But this place is nice and I won't tell anybody different.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business