“Good at the price offered”

Delmon International Hotel
Ranked #52 of 131 Hotels in Manama
New Delhi, India
“Good at the price offered”
Reviewed 30 April 2011

I stayed in this hotel for a period of two days. Though I have read many horror reviews about this hotel, I did not find any to be true in my case, but it might be due to low traffic in Bahrain due to current crisis. They also offered me a discount on the pricing.

I am not sure if it claimed to be 4 star or 3 star but it will be overrated at 4 star. Dim lighting, spacious but tasteless decorated rooms, an ok type coffee shop, great internet connection, though at a price would be my wordings in short. The showers were not good, but overall one can go and stay here if he/ she wants to spend all the time at the bars down below. All except one, were closed and thus I would reserve my comments on the sleep.
I shall be going to Bahrain again, and might pick the same hotel despite all this as it is located on the highway

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Kartik V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 31 December 2010

wud luv to stay again...it was three days memorable stay,

hotel has nice nite life ...dance club, where u can find good crowd

and chosse good partner to dance with .....

the rooms are good , quite nice and well decorated...

Had a buffet Lunch at the reastaurent which cost 3.5 BD each with variery of food....

breakfast is complementary n good with seasoned food... its value for return of your money spent in the hotel

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank InderSAurora
Kuwait
Reviewed 4 November 2010

I stayed in this "4-star" hotel for 2-nights. I knew from the moment I walked in, it was a brothel, with Chinese prostitutes everywhere. I asked to be placed in a non-smoking room away from the music, which the front desk assured me the room was positioned on the 2nd floor, on the other side of the building away from the clubs. The hotel is rundown and filthy. I could hear the music pounding away until 3am, despite the front desk's reassurance. I was charged for a bucket of ice, and when I say "bucket", they literally gave me a REAL tin bucket! Since there is no wireless internet, I called for a cable and it was not sent to me until the following day. At 8am I woke up to the stench of cigarette smoke coming in through the A/C vents. Did I mention the room was filthy? The water boiler had water sitting in it from a previous guest. I was pleased to see a HUGE flat screen in the room - my one big thrill - but my pleasure lasted only minutes when I found there were only 9 channels, 7 of which were Hindi and Arabic, and the 2 channels in English were fuzzy with terrible reception. The complimentary breakfast in all their literature is advertised from 0600 to 1100, yet when I got to the cafe the next morning at 1030, the food was gone, and the servers informed me breakfast ends at 1030. I proceeded to order from the menu and received cold eggs, and warm milk for my cereal. As I was eating, a server actually walked around the restaurant area blanketing it with an incense scented aerosol spray! What restaurant does that? The one and only service I fully appreciated that the hotel provided, was a complimentary shuttle to the airport, which I didn't waste any time taking advantage of just so I could get away from that horrible hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Manama hotels

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 21 October 2010

Good hotel for a one night stop over, if you are single willing to mingle.
Room on second floor helped subdue the noise from the various discos on hte ground floor. The Diggers pub is flooded with Chinese girls who are readily "ävailable" for a price!
The health club is run down and not worth mention. Swimming pool is only ornamental.
Breakfast was decent, but definitely not worth the 4BD they charge.
No wireless internet. Cable internet available @ 5BD for a day. The computer in their coffee shop was not functional. Conveniently, internet cafes are available across the road.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank sandycool69
Bangalore
Reviewed 25 September 2010

I stayed at this hotel for three nights in September, and I had no complaints whatsoever. Unlike the reviews of this hotel left by some other travellers, I discovered that this place was very clean, the rooms very comfortable and well maintained and the hotel itself is centrally located in the centre of Al Manamah. I would definitely recommend this to anyone travelling to the Kingdom, although it would be more value for money if there are two people sharing a room, as it is a bit expensive for a solo traveller. Enjoyyyyy...

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Doha
Reviewed 8 September 2010

I stayed & enjoyed. Copeartive staff
Good clubs in hotel. Nice dances
Good indian club with cute dancers

• Stayed September 2010
2 Thank pakgulf786
Riyadh
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Got booked into this hotel by a friend for a one night stay. After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor i approached with no confidence and a lot of trepidation. I must say that the hotel was very pleasant. I stayed on the second floor and there was no noise either from the bars downstairs or traffice outside. The room was spacious if basic and the bed very comfortable. The staff were very pleasant and for a one night stay if you just need a bed for the night and you are not intending to spend any other time in your room then it is ideal. There were no late night knocks on the door and apart from 'Diggers' downstairs i did not see a single lady of the night in the hotel. Would stay there again with friends but it's not a place to take anyone for a romantic break!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends