All reviews le sauvage luxury suite japanese restaurant diplomatic area premier room coffee machine room service an excellent hotel an upgrade breakfast buffet business trip house keeping special thanks imari brunch floor bahrain
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Fantastic view to start with, best in Bahrain clearly. Great seafood brunch, oysters were great and salmon also. Then fois gras poele unbelievable over a great angus steak. Sparkling white Pol Remy is good while a Pol Roger would be great...overall ambiance is good, staff is very attentive and management very focus

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christophe M
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

It was the best weekend in a hotel experience so far. The panoramic room is awesome ! Awesome view, awesome fittings, everything that I like:
+smart house- app based powered curtains, AC and even TV .
+Battler service
+ roof top pool
+ Imari, la Savage, Txoko - excellent service, food that giving to taste buds micro orgasms ;-) amazing drinks.
Few thing that might be better is:
- tablet working for half an hour only without charge
- spa has only massage.

Overally really nice & modern hotel .

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Recently I was there at LeSauvage,their French restaurant.It met my expectation in all ways which didn't suprised me at all but I was astonish by the hospitlitaly and the attention to detail of this gentlemen in lobby named Mr Bikram.From welcoming in lobby to the follow up in restaurant ,jus because I asked about rooms. He actually came and ask me to take a tour around and what a knowledge of product to every detail he has.I was impressed that Domain has such an asset like him.Looking forward to stay there as well and have a perfect getaway .

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 19 January 2014

After having lived in Dubai for over 20 years I have been wanting to visit Bahrain for such a long time, and after hearing so many great reviews of Bahrain I finally managed to make the trip there, I was not disappointed, although I enjoyed seeing all of Bahrain I must admit I spent most of my time staying in at the hotel. I was only there for a long weekend but I managed to eat my way through almost all the restaurants at the Domain and can’t get over how high quality and delicious all the food was. My favourite was Imari, the Japanese restaurant, which has a gorgeous set up, décor and atmosphere and the food was to die for, definitely comparable to Zuma and Nobu in Dubai. I also tried the French and the Italian / Lebanese restaurants – which were all great! I have heard the hotel does a great Friday brunch too – but sadly didn’t get to try that this time, hopefully on my next trip. The rooms are really beautiful and tastefully decorated, we stayed in the Panaroma room, which as the name suggests gives you a great view over Bahrain, not just from your bedroom but also from the bathtub and shower! The beds are super comfortable and the only thing that got me out of bed in the morning was that I wanted to make it in time to enjoy the delicious breakfast the hotel offered. I will not wait another 20 years to go back to Bahrain and when I do I will definitely stay at the Domain again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the panorama room - which was gorgeous with a beautiful view over Bahrain!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
The Domain B, Managing Director at The Domain Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you for your detailed review, we’re thrilled we managed to make your first trip to Bahrain so memorable and that you got to experience so many of our restaurants. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Regards,

Patrick De Groot
Managing Director

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I've stayed at many of the hotels in Bahrain before, and to even compare the Domain would be an injustice. I'm a seasoned traveller and this is a boutique hotel of New York standards. Everything from the rooms, food to even waiter uniforms have been so tastefully thought out. Nespresso machines with even milk foamer in the rooms and complimentary mini bar! Taking a shower with floor to ceiling full city and sea views was an experience in itself. The French restaurant steakhouse makes one of the best beef bourgignons I've had and loved the calamari, and the Japanese restaurant was just excellent. Japanese chef and even a lounge with a japanese girl DJ too cool - and prices were surprisingly reasonable there! Dont miss the tempura! Both restaurants had open view kitchens which I love. Also loved the spa, with japanese treatment wrap losing 600 calories i skippes the gym :) Not too busy yet as they just opened but I doubt this will stay a secret for long. My only reservation was there was so much to try out I barely left the hotel!! Missed the cigar bar and didn't try the Figs restaurant or deli so can't comment on those.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank trippedin
The Domain B, Managing Director at The Domain Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

We’re happy to hear that The Domain Bahrain fulfilled your expectations of an international 5-star boutique hotel, we’re glad you have managed to try many of our social spaces and we hope to see you again so you can try the ones you missed out on.

If we do see you again we would love to recommend some of our other activities such as our Brunch for Grown Ups or our High Tea.

Best Regards,