All reviews le sauvage luxury suite japanese restaurant diplomatic area premier room coffee machine room service an excellent hotel an upgrade breakfast buffet business trip house keeping special thanks imari brunch floor bahrain
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The Domain Hotel is simply divine! The design, the suites, the food - all exceptional!

The Friday brunch is the only truly grownup brunch on the island and a must for anyone in Bahrain on a Friday!

Views, views and views - I love the fact that you have a panoramic and gorgeous view from almost any restaurant/room in the hotel.

I frequent the Hotel ALOT and is my hotel of choice in Bahrain.

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing - BUT the corner rooms have amazing bathrooms!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank megan m
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The room we have stayed was overlooking Bahrain bay & it was a magnificent view. All the staff were friendly & very accommodating and that made us feel more comfortable during our stay. We will definitely recommend the hotel to our friends :-)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lhen0309
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

To be honest, I have visited several hotels in bahrain, I can say this is the best quality hotel in Bahrain. The lounge is amazing, the rooms are outstanding, you have many restaurants options and the outside view is charming !

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I cannot decide which impressed me the most: the rooms, the food or the staff – so let’s go in that order.

So much detail has been put into the decoration of the space, that you instantly feel a desire to explore it and open all the drawers and fiddle around with the high-tech tab with which you can control the lights, curtains, AC, etc.

The bed is blissfully comfortable and as a business traveler, you are in danger of not wanting to get up in the morning. The bathrooms are really sizeable, and while there are both a shower and a bath available, the shower space is the largest I have ever seen anywhere and equipped with rain-shower fittings, definitely my first choice. With the glass walls, there is so much light coming into the bathroom, you don’t need to touch the light-switch in the morning.

Unlike any hotel I have ever been to, The Domain actually distills and bottles their own water using refillable glass bottles, which I found to be a fascinating effort towards sustainability.

Breakfast in the morning was a highlight: while you do not see an overwhelming resort style buffet, there is still an extensive choice of selected items, and they really seem to have been chosen carefully for quality and taste. I have not enjoyed a hotel breakfast this way since 2007 during my first trip to the Middle East. They also bake their own bread, and the Tuesday multi-grain bread loaf is to die for. If you live in this part of the world, you know how difficult it is to find good bread – I almost wished they would open a next-door bakery as well!

I also dined at Imari, the Japanese restaurant – be prepared for plenty variety and pleasure for your taste buds. The atmosphere is quite cool, classy but not at all stiff.

Last but not least, the staff is super! Polite but warm and humorous, never missing a greeting or the door and generous with genuine smiles. And the house-keeping comes up just about immediately in case you need them.

It’s a must try experience and I wouldn’t hesitate to return. My only regret is that I couldn't spend more time in the room because of all the running around I had to do – Thumbs up!

Room Tip: The Corporate has really nice views, especially from the spacious bathroom, bright natural light and an awesome shower room - yes it's huge!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank VioletSH
The Domain B, Managing Director at The Domain Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review. A lot of work has gone into making every aspect of your stay memorable and we’re glad to hear that we succeeded. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Domain Bahrain in the future so you can experience everything we have to offer.

Best Regards,

Patrick de Groot
Managing Director

Reviewed 2 March 2014

A new property in Manama with fantastic service and great potential. This hotel spares no expense and has put thought into all the small details. I've enjoyed great views, fantastic food in the restaurants (choice of three - Japanese, Italian/Arabic, French) and comfy rooms (with very comfy beds). However, for me, the highlight has to be the service. The Domain is well attended with friendly staff who will go out of their way to make your stay pleasant and memorable. Particular thanks to Zain who has taken care of every aspect of my stay and made it a pleasure to be at The Domain.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business