“Creative, Sexy and Fun Vibe ...”

The Domain Hotel and Spa
Ranked #15 of 134 Hotels in Manama
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Our business host chose the Domain Hotel of Bahrain for us, so I don’t have much to report on as to why this hotel was chosen over others. I can only pass on that the Domain Hotel is a newly renovated boutique hotel that generates a great vibe to stay at for many reasons. It also has fabulous Bahrain city views and its sea as captured in our attached pictures.

Of course the staff and the service that you receive from all personnel … from the front desk that greet and check you in … to the wonderful wait staff in the 9 different restaurants and clubs … to housekeeping provided you service that made you feel welcome and at home in a country that is far and so different than our home, America. We ate at the Figs& Olives and Le Domain, both thumbs up restaurants for quality and service.

The rooms are surprising large and have a creative, sexy feel to them with gold painted walls, white leather accents, over-sized pillows, and curtains that open automatically open each time you enter the room. The bathroom and shower is almost as large as the room itself providing an even more “fun” vibe to the rooms.

The only truly disappointing aspect of the hotel was the indoor pool. We wanted to soak up some of that Bahrain sun after such a hard 2014 winter in the states and were disappointed to realize the pool was enclosed. But being fair to the hotel, it does state this on their website … just an oversight on our part.

The location of The Domain will definitely allow you to enjoy all that Bahrain has to offer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors for the more spectacular views.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel when the F1 was on. Strangely all the other hotels in town were full while this one still had plenty of rooms? Maybe even F1 teams were not prepared to pay the sort of money this hotel charges for very ordinary service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MistaPeta
The Domain B, Managing Director at The Domain Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

The Domain Bahrain only opened in late 2013. Accommodation for the Formula One related racing teams is normally booked about a year in advance, As such it was not possible for The Domain to secure this type of business in time for this year's race. Please also note that all the rooms in the hotel were booked, leaving only its more expensive suites available for last minute bookings.

The Domain Bahrain is recognized for providing exceptional guest service. If you did not experience this, I would like to learn from you on how can improve on our service. This will allow us to make adjustments were deemed necessary. I invite you to write to me directly at patrick@thedomainhotels.com.

Yours sincerely,

Patrick de Groot
Managing Director
The Domain Bahrain

Reviewed 18 April 2014

The hotel recently opened in Manama. Although there are many hotels in the city which I have stayed in before, this hotel is importing a new concept of a modern hotel hospitality style from Dubai City. The soft launching was under process and many Facilities were not in a full functional form. Yet, I have enjoyed my one day stay very much.

The Hotel simulates the atmosphere of New York building location style. In the heart of a business district, where it provides all the solutions you need after a business day. You really don't need to go out. The room I reserved was for a single occupancy, very stylish, clean and has a wonderful bathroom. It also have a free mini bar of soft drinks (new concept in Bahrain, I believe they are the only offer this concept). Wifi is of an excellent speed and also free.

Staff are very friendly and detailed attentive. There are Four Restaurants, I believe French, Italian Arabic & Japanese. I tried and loved the Japanese restaurant which has a combined lounge and quite reviving ambiance. The food was absolutely best of the Japanese I have tried in Bahrain. Specially the Wagyu steak, the shake-shake garden salad & the Three-Mushrooms Appetizer!

Finally, they also have a wonderful bar-Lounge in the upper highest floor, which has a cigar bar where people meet after a business day for a brake. Nice music and reviving modern style.

I also have tried their SPA section for men, the facility is very modern and well equipped but it was not yet functional in full manner. I believe the hotel now is quite functional and I am planning to give it another try in my next visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Rayed-KSA
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The Domain Hotel is simply divine! The design, the suites, the food - all exceptional!

The Friday brunch is the only truly grownup brunch on the island and a must for anyone in Bahrain on a Friday!

Views, views and views - I love the fact that you have a panoramic and gorgeous view from almost any restaurant/room in the hotel.

I frequent the Hotel ALOT and is my hotel of choice in Bahrain.

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing - BUT the corner rooms have amazing bathrooms!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank megan m
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The room we have stayed was overlooking Bahrain bay & it was a magnificent view. All the staff were friendly & very accommodating and that made us feel more comfortable during our stay. We will definitely recommend the hotel to our friends :-)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lhen0309
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

To be honest, I have visited several hotels in bahrain, I can say this is the best quality hotel in Bahrain. The lounge is amazing, the rooms are outstanding, you have many restaurants options and the outside view is charming !

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I cannot decide which impressed me the most: the rooms, the food or the staff – so let’s go in that order.

So much detail has been put into the decoration of the space, that you instantly feel a desire to explore it and open all the drawers and fiddle around with the high-tech tab with which you can control the lights, curtains, AC, etc.

The bed is blissfully comfortable and as a business traveler, you are in danger of not wanting to get up in the morning. The bathrooms are really sizeable, and while there are both a shower and a bath available, the shower space is the largest I have ever seen anywhere and equipped with rain-shower fittings, definitely my first choice. With the glass walls, there is so much light coming into the bathroom, you don’t need to touch the light-switch in the morning.

Unlike any hotel I have ever been to, The Domain actually distills and bottles their own water using refillable glass bottles, which I found to be a fascinating effort towards sustainability.

Breakfast in the morning was a highlight: while you do not see an overwhelming resort style buffet, there is still an extensive choice of selected items, and they really seem to have been chosen carefully for quality and taste. I have not enjoyed a hotel breakfast this way since 2007 during my first trip to the Middle East. They also bake their own bread, and the Tuesday multi-grain bread loaf is to die for. If you live in this part of the world, you know how difficult it is to find good bread – I almost wished they would open a next-door bakery as well!

I also dined at Imari, the Japanese restaurant – be prepared for plenty variety and pleasure for your taste buds. The atmosphere is quite cool, classy but not at all stiff.

Last but not least, the staff is super! Polite but warm and humorous, never missing a greeting or the door and generous with genuine smiles. And the house-keeping comes up just about immediately in case you need them.

It’s a must try experience and I wouldn’t hesitate to return. My only regret is that I couldn't spend more time in the room because of all the running around I had to do – Thumbs up!

Room Tip: The Corporate has really nice views, especially from the spacious bathroom, bright natural light and...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank VioletSH
The Domain B, Managing Director at The Domain Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review. A lot of work has gone into making every aspect of your stay memorable and we’re glad to hear that we succeeded. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Domain Bahrain in the future so you can experience everything we have to offer.

Best Regards,