“An "ok" hotel”

Ranked #19 of 133 Hotels in Manama
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The rooms are extremely spacious. They are actually apartments. I was staying for 2 nights so I really didn't use the apartment part of it. I thought that they have a pool. They don't; it is just a large bath tub. The Sauna never worked. Breakfast is OK.
Staff are trying to help but they are not up to the service quality and speed expected from a 4 stars hotel. I was delayed 30 mins to go to the airport because of a delay in the checkout process and getting the car. Knowing that I didn't have any room usage and I notified them more then once about my check out time and my need use their airport drop service.
Anyways, it is not a bad hotel. It just need a more proactive staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mr_MShen
Mercure_Seef_Bahrain, General Manager at Mercure Grand Hotel Seef, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Mercure Grand Hotel Seef,

Thank you so much for your comments which is valuable for us, we will work on it to ensure improving our quality of service. Be assuring that your next stay will be better and more memorable.

Regards

There are newer reviews for Mercure Grand Hotel Seef

Reviewed 22 June 2013

We stayed at the Mercure Grand Hotel in June 2013. It was our second stay at this hotel and we were just as impressed by the great service and friendly staff as the first time. We will definitely recommend this hotel. It is close to the Seeff Mall as well as the CityCentre Mall. The area is farely quiet at night - no noisy nightclubs!! Everything in the hotel impresses: the decor, friendly staff, spacious suite (we stayed in the 2 bedroom suite) and our teenage boys were delighted with the free WiFi!! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank worldtraveller815
Yasser B, General Manager at Mercure Grand Hotel Seef, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Dear Sir,

Greeting from Mercure Grand Hotel Seef,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your recent stay at Mercure Grand Hotel Seef. We feel very privileged that you regularly choose our hotel as your second home in Bahrain.

Waiting to meet you in your next stay in Mercure Grand Hotel Seef and please feel free to contact me to handle your next booking to ensure your stay will be excellent one.

Mercure Grand Hotel Seef, Kingdom of Bahrain
Yasser.Bahaa@accor.com

Reviewed 9 June 2013

The rooms were very large and well equipped, but given I do little more than sleep and do e-mails in the room a little wasted on me. Prices go up towards the weekend. Il liked the fruit in the room.

It was very close to where I was working which was convenient, but quite a way from the City Centre if you want to go there taxis are not cheap in Manama, and you also have to wait for a taxi to be called. One of the Taxi drivers did not seem to know the City at all.

The hotel has a bar with entertainment. The entertainment seemed to go down well with the local crowd, but it was not my cup of tea.

The lifts broke down late one night. The duty manager took me up to my room in the service lift and was very apologetic. They were repaired very quickly.

Did not take breakfast even though it was included in the price so can't comment on food quality.

Internet was free and worked fine.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GrahamN
Mercure_Seef_Bahrain, General Manager at Mercure Grand Hotel Seef, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear Graham,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Grand Hotel Seef. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your Excellent expectations; please allow me to express Our Team sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.
Allow me to inform you that Bahrain Hotels do have a Week Ends (Wed & Thu) highest rates than normal Week Day Due to high demand. We will surely consider creating a relaxing cornet for our clients to have a quiet afternoon Tea, although our Casa outdoor Terrace is Ideal for that but it seems you did not have time to try it.

Mercure Grand Hotel Seef, Kingdom of Bahrain
Yasser.Bahaa@accor.com

Reviewed 18 May 2013

I stay in Mercure Grand Hotel Seef six times per year for the last five years.

It is in Seef district one of the very quiet and developed areas of Bahrain, next to the hotel is A'li and Seef Malls. It is close to downtown Manama and rest in the lovely cafes and restaurant.

The suites are very good with plenty of space with beautiful Arabic decoration, they are more appartments than hotel rooms. fully equipped kitchen and nice working desk.

House keeping and room services are outstanding .

Food is delicious with reasonable prices.

Very nice health center which includes swimming pool with life guard , advanced fitness equipment and professional massage service with certified therapists .

The staff are very friendly and helpful. They give the feeling that you are at home.

Room Tip: Higher floor better view
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Ali A
Yasser B, General Manager at Mercure Grand Hotel Seef, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2013

Dear Mr. Ali,

Greetings from Mercure Grand Hotel Seef.

The hotel is ideal for sightseeing with many of Bahrain’s iconic sights within walking distance. The ambiance was designed to combine luxurious elegance with myriad of amenities and services.

We are pleased that you had the opportunity to enjoy our hotel facilities has to offer, especially our spacious and comfortable suite, delicious food, leisure facilities to include our rooftop swimming pool with panoramic view of Bahrain, advanced fitness equipment and professional massage service with certified therapists.

We are also delighted that you found all of the team to be very friendly, helpful and made you feel like you were coming home.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Location:
The hotel ist located in Seef, one of the upcoming stylish areas of Bahrain (very close to downtown Manama) to shop and rest in the lovely cafes and restaurant. The latter are fortunately outside of the malls and resemble street cafes in the winter season, when the temperatures invite you/enable you to sit outside without aircon. Within a short walking distance you are at the seaside. Next to the hotel is Ali and Seef Mall. The hotel is directly built next to the highway (running alongside Manama, allowing you to reach the airport wihtin 10-15 minutes). Luckily, the noise from the highway cannot be heard inside the hotel.

Style:
What striked me about the Mercure is the lovely Arabian decor inside, which is missing in most of the better (business) hotels. The lobby is very inviting, as are the other public spaces.

Rooms:
The rooms are very spacious and are more appartments than hotel rooms: the sleeping room with the ensuite is separated from the living room with a kitchen nice (fully equipped kitchen) and working desk. Most important for me was the quiet privacy in the rooms, the luxurious bath room and the cleanliness of the entire room. The matrasses were ok, not firm enough for my though.

Amneties:
The outside rooftop pool, indoor gymnasium and spa give a lovely view over Manama and the seaside. The breakfast is lovely, too: many (fresh) and delicious choices, international style (English, Arabian, Continental etc.). The service in the entire hotel is very attentive and friendly.
The underground parking was a blessing, too, as for the main time outside parking is a nightmare due to the heat.

Criticism:
Downside is the smell of smoke, as there are several levels of the hotel dedicated to smokers.
Although being on a non-smoking level, you can still smell a bit of the smoke (probably due to the venitaltion system). The internet was a bit slow, but that is rather normal in Bahrain.

Conclusion:
For me as a business traveller the hotel remains an excellent choice, but I would choose it as well for private purposes.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank clanot

Dear Mr. Clanot,

Greetings from Mercure Grand Hotel Seef.

Thank you for your fabulous review of your stay at Mercure Grand Hotel Seef. The hotel was designed to combine luxurious elegance with myriad of amenities and services. We are really pleased to know that you enjoyed the facilities that the hotel has to offer, especially the strategic location, spacious and cleanliness suite, luxurious bathroom, rooftop swimming pool, indoor gymnasium, spa and quality/variety of our breakfast buffet.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

I have spent some time at the Hotel working using the various function rooms. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. The meeting rooms are a good size and also very pleasant to work in. The suites are also very good with plenty of space. I will most certainly use this hotel again, in fact I am booked to go back in 6 weeks.

Room Tip: I always ask for one that does not face the main road as that can be a bit noisy when you have the p...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LJBWestMalling

Dear Mercure Guest,

Thank you for posting your kind review on the website for us and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us, enjoyed the spacious suites and meeting room. It is rewarding to read that you were well looked after and that staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful.

I will share your feedback with our team as an encouragement to all of our staff to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

The Location of the Hotel was ideal for me in front of my work in the Bahrain Exhibition center and near shopping mall. I did find the location over Google Map.
I love the suites big enough to enjoy my stay. Price was fair enough for me.
The Staff is very friendly and helpful, manager are there to help too. I had some difficulties and they did help immediately.
I did Love the Bar and enjoyed the chilling out in the Casa Terrace, I did even invited daily my friends who live in nearby.
My friends are convinced to reserve next time with me in same Hotel Mercure. It was good choice.
The massage was very relaing after work. They have good Masseuse. Her name is Theressa.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Sam R
Yasser B, General Manager at Mercure Grand Hotel Seef, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2013

Dear Mr. Sam,

Greetings from Mercure Grand Hotel Seef.

Thank you for your kind feedback on our facilities and services.

We are delighted to know that we could contribute to you enjoyable stay, particularly when it came to the strategic location, spacious suite, Bar, Casa Terrace, Spa, friendly and helpful Staff

Please note that your appreciation will be passed on to Ms. Teresa and the rest of the team member in the hotel. Such appreciation will definitely encourage us to keep providing the highest level of services to our valued guests.

We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back in the near future.