“Super hotel”

Ranked #8 of 131 Hotels in Manama
Glostrup, Vestsjalland, Denmark
“Super hotel”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed two nigths at the hotel to get away from Saudi Arabia for a weekend. The room was super. It had a nice kitchen and living room. I guess the only problem is that you dont have much to do in a kitchen if it only such a short period.
The pool was really nice. I had it mostly for my self for the most the weekend, which was really nice.
The only place I found people was at the hotel bar, where the was live music freday evening. I don't know where all the people came from. The live music was not my favorite music, but it seems like the local arabic people liked it.

Room Tip: The Fort Bahrin is only 3km away so it is a good place to run or walk if you want to get out. Just d...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Daniel G
Yasser B, General Manager at Mercure Grand Hotel Seef, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Daniel,
Greetings from Mercure Grand Hotel Seef,
Thank you for the positive review. Me & my team really appreciate it , and happy that we are achieiving one of our aims which is creating a perfect stay for our clients . Looking forward to welcome you back at Mercure very soon. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any help to make your next stay more joyful and relaxing.

Mercure Grand Hotel Seef
H1815-GM@accor.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

This has to be the biggest hotel room I've stayed in, kitchen, living room, large double bedroom and massive bathroom. This was more like an apartment. While not ideally situated for tourists as a business traveller very handy, good selection of shops, restaurants and coffee shops nearby. As always in the Middle East the breakfasts leave you well fed for rest of the day. Was there over the Arabic weekend which is always interesting, especially in the bar. Local Arabic male and female duo playing and singing traditional music, bar soon filled up with locals and Saudi visitors, made for an interesting evening.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank MarkMac1965
Mercure_Seef_Bahrain, General Manager at Mercure Grand Hotel Seef, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Warm Greetings from Mercure Grand Hotel Seef,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience in our Hotel, It is a great pleasure to always welcome you and your family . You are part of the Hotel.
On behalf of Mercure Team I thank you again and would love to see you soon during your next Trip to Bahrain.
Sincere Regards,
Naples, Italy
Reviewed 2 July 2013

MErcure is well located next to Seef mall, walking distance. difficult to reach becasue of the road works. Nice large rooms (suites) with living , kitchen and a nice big bathroom.
Hotel old but very well maintained. Good services and good breakfast

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vigri
Warm Greetings from Mercure Grand Hotel Seef,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience in our Hotel, It is a great pleasure to always welcome you and your family since years. You are part of the Hotel.
Sincere Regards
Hawalli, Kuwait
Reviewed 1 July 2013

the location is great ,it is near nice and popular shopping centers the room is spacious and clean the staff was very friendly and it has a very useful kitchen and I paid a good price
I would go again next time

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank nabeel a
Sincere Regards
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The rooms are extremely spacious. They are actually apartments. I was staying for 2 nights so I really didn't use the apartment part of it. I thought that they have a pool. They don't; it is just a large bath tub. The Sauna never worked. Breakfast is OK.
Staff are trying to help but they are not up to the service quality and speed expected from a 4 stars hotel. I was delayed 30 mins to go to the airport because of a delay in the checkout process and getting the car. Knowing that I didn't have any room usage and I notified them more then once about my check out time and my need use their airport drop service.
Anyways, it is not a bad hotel. It just need a more proactive staff.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mr_MShen
Mercure_Seef_Bahrain, General Manager at Mercure Grand Hotel Seef, responded to this review, 19 October 2013

Greetings from Mercure Grand Hotel Seef,

Thank you so much for your comments which is valuable for us, we will work on it to ensure improving our quality of service. Be assuring that your next stay will be better and more memorable.

Regards
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We stayed at the Mercure Grand Hotel in June 2013. It was our second stay at this hotel and we were just as impressed by the great service and friendly staff as the first time. We will definitely recommend this hotel. It is close to the Seeff Mall as well as the CityCentre Mall. The area is farely quiet at night - no noisy nightclubs!! Everything in the hotel impresses: the decor, friendly staff, spacious suite (we stayed in the 2 bedroom suite) and our teenage boys were delighted with the free WiFi!! Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank worldtraveller815
Yasser B, General Manager at Mercure Grand Hotel Seef, responded to this review, 27 June 2013

Greeting from Mercure Grand Hotel Seef,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your recent stay at Mercure Grand Hotel Seef. We feel very privileged that you regularly choose our hotel as your second home in Bahrain.

Waiting to meet you in your next stay in Mercure Grand Hotel Seef and please feel free to contact me to handle your next booking to ensure your stay will be excellent one.

Mercure Grand Hotel Seef, Kingdom of Bahrain
Yasser.Bahaa@accor.com
London
Reviewed 9 June 2013

The rooms were very large and well equipped, but given I do little more than sleep and do e-mails in the room a little wasted on me. Prices go up towards the weekend. Il liked the fruit in the room.

It was very close to where I was working which was convenient, but quite a way from the City Centre if you want to go there taxis are not cheap in Manama, and you also have to wait for a taxi to be called. One of the Taxi drivers did not seem to know the City at all.

The hotel has a bar with entertainment. The entertainment seemed to go down well with the local crowd, but it was not my cup of tea.

The lifts broke down late one night. The duty manager took me up to my room in the service lift and was very apologetic. They were repaired very quickly.

Did not take breakfast even though it was included in the price so can't comment on food quality.

Internet was free and worked fine.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank GrahamN
Mercure_Seef_Bahrain, General Manager at Mercure Grand Hotel Seef, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear Graham,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Grand Hotel Seef. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your Excellent expectations; please allow me to express Our Team sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.
Allow me to inform you that Bahrain Hotels do have a Week Ends (Wed & Thu) highest rates than normal Week Day Due to high demand. We will surely consider creating a relaxing cornet for our clients to have a quiet afternoon Tea, although our Casa outdoor Terrace is Ideal for that but it seems you did not have time to try it.

Mercure Grand Hotel Seef, Kingdom of Bahrain