“Good place to stay.”
Review of Elite Grande

Elite Grande
Ranked #17 of 137 Hotels in Manama
Reviewed 15 December 2012

I stayed at the Elite Grande on a business trip. From the moment we stepped into the Airport the hotel started looking after us. The pickup from the Airport was professional, courteous and, with the non-stop commentary from the driver, was actually quite fun. On arrival we were met and booked in very quickly and were shown up-to our suites. The rooms are big, with a self contained kitchen, big living room with TV and surround sound, a king size bedroom with en-suite and a separate toilet. All in all very comfortable.
Breakfast the next day was a standard buffet style, with the option of a freshly cooked omelette. Pleasant enough without being delicious. The staff are attentive and polite and overall provided a good start to the day. As a business hotel it is first class, the rooms allow for meetings to take place without having to perch on beds.
The facilities are very good, two bars that provide a welcome relief from the days work and gym facilities that are a bit basic but provide a service.
The food is actually quite good. There is a buffet style dinner every night which is complimented by an ala carte menu which is mirrored for room service.
The hotel itself currently sits in near splendid isolation in an area which is clearly earmarked for development, but with the current economical downturn this may take some time. It is however within walking distance of a top class mall, which is worth a visit if just for the food mall.
Al in all this is a very good hotel whether you are on business or sight seeing. The staff are friendly and attentive, rooms are of a good standard, facilities are good and the food is very nice. Go on, give it a go.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Valo2207

Reviewed 21 October 2012

We had a chance to spend a night. The hotel rooms are actually apratment where you can stay with your own choice big bedroom with huge living room with 2 toilets I think 4 pax can live in that apartment. We had a great time there. We reached to hotel at 7 am in the morning even though it was not checkin time but they did it for us and charged nothing. Its in the city center so you can reach anywhere. but there is nothing nearby hotel as construction is going on all arround

Room Tip: you can have cheaper rates in week days. you can check in early if you arrive early
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Saeeda R
Reviewed 12 October 2012

For me Bahrain is all about CityCenter Mall unless you are going for Gran Prix.
Elite Grande is just opposite to City Center mall which is the biggest mall In Bahrain with Multiplex.
Rates are bit high but for it worth every fills i spent.

Location :- Location is perfect if you like to spend your time in city center Mall and watch movies. 5 mins Walking distance to mall. Negative side is that it is surrounded with Lots of construction sites which makes this place bit dusty. Also the path going to Mall is bit too dark to walk with your family.

Rooms :- I selected a one bedroom apartment for a stay and i am really impressed with the room and quality, Only thing i didn't liked is the T.V, it was old CRT TV 29 inch and i think now its a time to replace this with at least a LCD.City view from room is very night specially in nights

Services :- Services are also very good, they have nice GYM, Pool,Disc and Game arcade. Everything is free and include in daily rates. But for games you have to pay 300 fils per game.
Breakfast is good enough and had enough variety of dishes to choose from.
Staff hospitality is the best thing i like about this place and this is the most important factor for me. Everyone is so humble and help full that i give 100 % mark in hospitality.
I had a flight of 3:45 PM in evening and they let me extend my check to 1:15 PM where else standard checkout time is 12 noon.

I have already decided that next time i am coming to bahrain Elite grande will be on my first choice unless i want to explore some new hotels.

Room Tip: Take a room with the city view..
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NitinUniyal_jet
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I was here for 6 nights and found it very good. The suite was large, with every facility, if a little soulless - but then it's not home! Plenty of space, a huge attractive lobby and plenty of polite staff. Breakfast was ok, not great and dinner at the restaurant was fine. There is masses of construction all around so walking anywhere is a challenge. The rooftop pool was complete and nice.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank peterandbrenda_10
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I stayed at the Elite Grand for in night in February. Would I recommend this hotel to a friend or stay here again - yes. The Elite Grande is an apartment hotel that is right next to the City Center Mall. We got a 2 bedroom apartment for 100DB. This price included breakfast and all taxes. The price is competitive with other apartment hotels in the same area of Bahrain. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and modern looking.

While the Elite Grande is right next to the City Center Mall, it would be a challenge to walk to the mall because of all the construction that is presently happening in the area.

The hotel does have an exercise room. When I booked the room I asked if the hotel had a pool and I was told yes. What I should have asked is “is the construction of the pool completed?” While technically the hotel has a pool, it is not ready for the general public to use.

Breakfast was included in our package. The hotel offered a nice little buffet breakfast. One can also order omelets from the kitchen that is included with the breakfast package.

The hotel did offer WI-FI but you have to make sure that it is included in your package when you book. Hotels that do not offer free WI-Fi is a pet peeve of mine. I can spend a couple bucks at a coffee shop and get free WI-FI anywhere in the world but a hotel doesn’t give me free WI-FI after spending hundreds of dollars?

I have uploaded lots of pictures of the Elite Grande for you to get a better picture of what it is like.

If you found my review helpful, please let me know that by clicking the Helpful Button. Thanks.

Room Tip: Make sure your package includes breakfast and WI-FI.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank ToonTowner
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I stayed at the Elite Grande for 3 nights on a visit from Dubai to meet up with a friend. I booked a twin room and this also comes with a lounge and kitchen area. On arrival I was told I had a king bed but had to insist on my original booking of a twin room and was a bit annoyed about this as I had stipulated the need for a twin over the phone when I booked. Having said that the guy on reception quickly sorted it out and within 15 mins I was in the room. I was very impressed, it was very clean, very modern and to my surprise not only was there an en-suite but also a cloakroom (additional toilet and sink) off the living area.

Everything seemed pretty new to me and I also found the place extremely quiet despite other comments to the contrary - yes there were building works right next door but for some reason nothing was happening on those. My only gripe about the bedroom was the pillows - as previously mentioned they were extremely lumpy and uncomfortable and required a bit of pummelling to get them into shape - 2 pillows per bed would have been nice instead of one lumpy one.

My friend and I ate at the lobby restaurant one evening - the food was pretty good (I had lamb chops and got 7!!) We used a voucher from the Bahrain Entertainer so it worked out very cheap. The only criticism is - no atmosphere at all - no background music, no subdued lighting etc. Breakfast was also served here every morning and it wasn't bad - a buffet. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

We also spent each evening having nightcaps in the bar upstairs (can't remember its name) and were very impressed - good atmosphere not a bad view (over the mall) and a good range of cocktails too.

Overall I would say I would stay here again as it was within walking distance (albeit over sand and stones) to City Centre Mall and Seef Mall which is just what we needed for a girls weekend.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank moda123
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Stayed at Elite Grande for seven nights on business in November 2011. The hotel is ‘tired’ and I think in need of modernisation. The rooms are actually apartments with full kitchen facilities - handy for making yourself a hot drink. Other than that I just used the bedroom and bathroom. I had a non-smoking room on 3rd floor and had problems with the shower. It actually took almost 10 minutes for hot water to reach the taps / shower in the bathroom. They did not tell me this at reception so 1st night I did not shower as I assumed water was simply cold (I hate to waste water and running a shower for 10 minutes was very difficult for me).
The staff were friendly and the pool area ok.
Food was good. The gym is good. Bar on top floor very very smoky! I had food in there and it was good.
Down side - the Elite Grande is very close to one of the main shopping malls with plenty of restaurants, cinemas and shops. If there were no construction works you could simply cross the road and be in the mall in 5 minutes. unfortunately the hotel is in the middle of a construction site and you have to walk through this to get to the mall - the time is only 10 minutes but there is no light or footpath and you are hidden from the road. During daylight it is acceptable, but at night it is not possible. The staff told me it was quite safe to walk in the dark, but as a lone female this did not feel safe and so was not an option for me. Also, to take a taxi to and from the mall can become very expensive as the taxi’s cannot simply cross the road.
The pillows in the hotel are singularly the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on. Advise you either bring your own or a flight neck pillow.

Final opinion - A nice enough hotel but needs modernising. If you are not driving you will be quite isolated.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business