“Slightly odd location but good hotel I'd return to”
Review of Elite Resort & Spa

Elite Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 137 Hotels in Manama
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Located next to the National Museum and Novotel, but with nothing else of note within a 15 minute walk the Elite has a slightly odd location. I decided to walk everywhere in the city, including to and from the airport (50 mins) and to be fair that would not have been possible staying at the airport or the City Centre.
Rooms are generous in size, well maintained and well serviced. The a/c was ice cold and didn't appear capable of having a setting other than cold or off, which was a minor quibble.
Good breakfast, excellent pool. Somewhat disappointed to try to order a la carte food and be told only a buffet was available though the a la carte menu was available for room service (which I didn't want!).
Very helpful manager helped sort out an IT problem printing my boarding pass.
I'd stay again if in Manama.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
EliteHospitality, Front Office Manager at Elite Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Onward Traveller,

Thank you for your recent stay and valuable feedback!

Nothing gives us more pleasure than to note that one of our esteemed guests had a comfortable stay at the hotel.
I did note your feedback about the AC control in the room, and would want to assure you that our engineering team has initiated corrective action to avoid any guest in future facing such issues.
It is indeed appalling to note your feedback about the A la Carte menu selection being not available. Our 24 hours coffee shop La Brasserie serves A la Carte throughout the day and hence extremely surprised to note that it was refused. This has been personally addressed by the Food and Beverage Manager at the hotel and necessary steps have been taken.

The entire team joins me in thanking you for your comprehensive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Elite Resort and Spa

Reviewed 2 March 2014

In the direct neighborhood of the Novotel, this tall building is dominating the dam between the two islands of Muharraq and Manama. The service is very friendly and the welcome was very warm with a short introduction to the facilities and the restaurants.
The rooms were huge but a little old. The leather cushions in the living area were stained, so I don't want to sit there. The bathroom was really nice, but also a bit old.
I will come back after the renovation.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
EliteHospitality, Front Office Manager at Elite Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Metatraveller,

Thank you for your recent stay and valuable feedback.

It is indeed a pleasure to note that you were happy with the service at the hotel as well as the warmth of the team.

I did note your feedback about the leather cushions as well as about the room and bathroom. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. I would want to reassure you that we try to maintain the highest levels on standards at the hotel to ensure that each and every guest has a very comfortable stay however I do understand that we could have done much more to make your stay even more comfortable.
I have taken the liberty of sharing your feedback with my team and we promise you to show a complete turnaround.
We request you to treat this in isolation and allow us another opportunity to showcase the service standards at Elite Resort and Spa.

Looking forward to your visit.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I am living in Elite Resort & spa at the moment, and i consider it the best hotel i ever been so far.
great service and location.
I recommend it for any traveler to Bahrain. going to extend my stay at this magnificent place

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
EliteHospitality, Front Office Manager at Elite Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Walid L,

Thank you for your stay at Elite Resort and Spa!

Nothing gives us more pleasure than to note that you had a memorable stay.

The entire team puts all their effort into ensuring that each guest has a splendid experience while staying with us. Such positive feedback from esteemed guests like you encourage us to push further towards excellence.

We at Elite resort at Spa are extremely thrilled to have you staying with us and for sharing your feedback about the hotel.

Looking forward to your visit again.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I last stayed at the Elite Resort & Spa 3 years ago, its conveniently close to the airport, 5 mins drive, the apartments are big, I booked a one bedroom apartment and they put us in a 2 bedroom. Good size kitchen and living room. The bar area outside near the pool has great views, the bar on the top floor doesn't open until 1500hrs. The only issue I had with this place is the breakfast, it is the worst breakfast I have ever had at any hotel I have stayed in, all the food was cold, it was 10am but they should try and keep it reasonably warm, I normally eat earlier than this but we didn't arrive at the hotel until 4.45am in the morning. My wife left all the food she had selected, I was in the process of selecting and opted for a fresh cooked omelette. We usually stay at the Movenpick but for such a short stay the 60 BD plus 20% taxes (72 BD) total was a lot cheaper than the Movenpick 100 BD plus taxes. This hotel is value for money if you are a party of 4-6 persons. I have scored it as an average stay due to the poor breakfast, it is so easy to prepare a good breakfast, however, they dont seem to want to buy decent ingredients (the mushrooms were out of a tin) They need to send all the chefs to a decent establishment like the Movenpick and see what a good breakfast looks and tastes like.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GarryCJubail
EliteHospitality, Front Office Manager at Elite Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and comprehensive feedback!

Guest feedback has always been of utmost importance to us and we work very critically and closely to eradicate any guest inconveniencing issues.

As assured to you, we are closely monitoring and enhancing the areas of concern mentioned by you, and promise to show a complete turnaround.

I would also want to thank you for your nice words about the facilities and rooms at the hotel.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you personally during your next visit.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

had a one night stay last weekend. at the reservation, i mentioned that i would like a one bedroom suite with a balcony.
being a hotelier myself, i understand that a balcony is not guaranteed as all rooms dont have a balcony. but i was a little dissapointed to know that by the time i arrived, all one bedroom suites were sold out. but, nevertheles, i was upgraded to a two bedroom suite. for just two people, it was a bit too big. i appereciate the upgrade but it was not the proper upgrade.
the view i would like to say was AMAZING!! it had a great view of the sea and juffair.
the rooms were very comfortable, specious and clean.
the other issue i had to go through was the noise. im not sure from where the noise was coming from, but the music was on till late night. i woke up with a headach the next day morning. i was hoping to get a breakfast as good as the view, but it was nothing special.
overall, i really liked the place even with the small setbacks, i would go there again and recommend to others as well. but i would inform then to check-in as early as possible unless they want a free upgrade....

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent stay and valuable feedback!

It is indeed a pleasure to note that you had a comfortable stay with us at Elite Resort and Spa!

I did note your feedback about the noise and the breakfast. We assure you to bring about amends to in the areas mentioned to ensure that each guest has a complete enhanced experience. As mentioned very correctly we do have a very small inventory of rooms with a balcony and hence the non availability. We apologize for having disappointed you with that.

I have taken the liberty of sharing your feedback with the team and we shall certainly work on the areas mentioned.

Looking forward to personally welcoming you during your next visit.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Very nice hotel located near the city and airport. Multi Bedroom apartments, with balconies which are usually locked.
Has a lovely seaside pool and restaurant with inbuilt jaccuzi.
Has a good sports bar Shift7 where you can get nice cocktails, but food is good only at the restaurant downstairs, mostly buffet.

Room Tip: Guess you have to insist on a room with a open balcony, which I doubt you can get for a 1bedroom apa...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tradz
EliteHospitality, Front Office Manager at Elite Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and valuable feedback.

It is indeed a pleasure to note that you had a memorable stay at Elite Resort and Spa during your recent visit.

Guest satisfaction is our prime objective and there is nothing better that knowing that our guests were happy during their stay.

Look forward to your visit back again.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I cannot believe how lucky I feel to have found this hotel. The customer service from the front desk, to the restaurant, to the spa -- everyone was so friendly and helpful. My friends and I stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment for two days, and it was the downtime we needed. A full kitchen and living room allowed for friendly hang out time, but we had the ability to spend time by ourselves too. I treated myself to a royal ham am spa treatment, and the facilities rival those in the states. The absolute best surprise, though? The jacuzzi tub in my room. If I ever travel here again, this is the only hotel I will stay at.

Room Tip: All of the amenities were fabulous in this room
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
EliteHospitality, Front Office Manager at Elite Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you for your recent stay and valuable feedback!

Nothing gives us more pleasure than to know that you had a memorable stay with us and we were able to live upto your expectations.

I am certain that this inspiring feedback from you would encourage the team at Elite Resort and Spa to perform even better and achieve higher levels of guest delight.

The entire team joins me in thanking you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again.