“Friendly Staff and VERY Clean”
Review of Eskan Forsat Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tehran
Eskan Forsat Hotel
Ranked #10 of 61 Hotels in Tehran
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I ended up in this hotel after reading the reviews on here, which was a refreshing thing after a not-so-good hotel experience in Shiraz.

The Reception ladies were all extremely helpful, especially the one with blond short hair, writing phrases in Farsi so I could easily go about my business around the city, sharing her pistachios and generally being nice.

The restaurant staff; however, were a little bit not bothered about their customers, as was the doorman (there was no real need for one if you ask, though it is a nice touch!)

The room, albeit small (I was surprised when I got a single bed, even though I booked as a single traveler it’s now a days rare….), was very nicely decorated and extremely clean as it was the rest of the hotel. Toilet was also small but nice and amenities good too!

Nice breakfast too! Very nice actually. Please do try the Aloe Vera in syrup. I wish I could have taken a lot with me!!! Nicely freshly made omelets and a good selection of breads. The coffee wasn’t very nice, but it seems in this country they’re used to Nescafe as they even have in ice-cream flavours!!
They also have two different areas for dining: The restaurant in the ground floor and a coffee bar in the mezzanine level –here the food is the same as in the in-room menu and at the same prices. Also is not much different from the restaurant downstairs but the prices in the latter are at least double! Mind you once converted into USD still is very good value!

Oh, and I almost forgot: there’s a pianist playing every night during dinner. A Fantastic touch and nice to hear good music whilst dining, especially in one’s own company.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank tfnomad

Reviewed 26 March 2012

A clean and calm 3 star hotel in the middle of the city. It's located in the special traffic zone of Tehran, so you can not reach there by your own car. If you are on a business trip, specially if you don't travel by your car, that will be a good choice, because it's near to Tehran commercial centers.
The restaurant serves international foods, the waiters are really friendly and polite .

Room Tip: The higher floor, the better
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Mohammad Ali A
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Ideally like this hotel, the location was good, food in restaurant was very nice and not at all expensive, only downfall is wifi isn't that great, but that's the whole country, Only thing I didn't like was being charged twice for same day arrival, I.e I arrived at 530am and was charged up until 12pm then a new day, not the staffs' fault at all.. Just doing what they're told...

Breakfast was nice and not far from city airport, always cabs outside and good safe area.

Iranians are very warm and decent people and hospitable to foreigners.

• Stayed: May 2011
4  Thank sawadee_1
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I have been in this hotel for so many times. I can say that every thing in this hotel is nice. friendly good staff and very clean rooms and good free wi-fi Internet. breakfast is perfect and I recommend it's hot omelet that you should order for cooking.
the only average thing in this hotel is the quality of service of dinner servants in restaurant. although I know that they may behave very good with foreigners.

Room Tip: Rooms are very clean and breakfast is perfect
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Majid A
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Good, honest and clean small hotel in Tehran. The breakfast is tasty and the restaurant very nice. I recomend the double rooms since the singles are too small.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank lfarj
Reviewed 8 October 2011

The Escan is a well appointed hotel in a very central part of Tehran. The rooms are a standard size, however the bathrooms are a little small. The restaurant has a reasonably cosmopolitan menu (by Iranian standards!) and well-presented meals. But the hotel's main asset is their wonderful front desk staff - they are polite, efficient and very welcoming.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JandRMelbourne
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Got intouch with Escan and they asked me to email my reservation request with specific details. Got a reply stating that room rate per night for a SINGLE room was 1150000 IRR. When converted, it works out to be 110 US Dollars/ 78 Euros/ 68 GBP per night. I was so astonished that I emailed them back to check the rates was for a single night and not for the 4 night I wanted to stay. It was confirmed that rate given was for a single night.

3 star hotels in American and European capitals will not charge you such amount per night. Did somebody tell Escan management that they were topping the list at trip advisor? or is it simply that have I got "stupid" plastered over my forehead because I mentioned my nationality as British?

Whatever the reason, I still can not believe the rates per night. If I wanted to pay that, I would stay in a superior 5 star hotel, not 3 star Escan.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank SayefAhmed

Been to Eskan Forsat Hotel? Share your experiences!