“Excellent staff, clean and modern rooms in central Tehran.”
Review of Escan Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tehran
Escan Hotel
Ranked #12 of 60 Hotels in Tehran
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent staff, clean and modern rooms in central Tehran.”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed three nights at the beginning of my two week and then again on the last night before my flight back.

I wanted a hotel which had a central location and one that was clean and modern. This hotel was perfect for these reasons and many more.

Staff: I was pleasantly surprised. In Iran, as friendly and welcoming as Iranians generally are, you do not get that customer service that we are accustomed to in the UK. So I wasn't expecting much. But the staff very helpful and welcoming. It was the kind of attitude that I would expect from 5* hotels in other countries, except this hotel is technically 3*. Reception staff were always smiling and welcoming. Even the guy opening the door to the guys who show you to your room were friendly. The restaurant staff were also exceptional, it felt like dining at the Ritz.

Building/Rooms: Again I was pleasantly surprised. Rooms were very similar to Holiday Inn and Travelodge hotels in the UK. Comfortable beds, modern bathrooms, strong air conditioning (essential for Tehran) and most important of all, Samsung TV's with channels including BBC news and Euronews. Bathroom had a very good shower, toiletries such as shampoos, slippers and hairdryers are included. The mini fridge was very reasonably priced. You could also order room service from the Coffee Shop up until midnight with amazing milkshakes and snacks. The actual hotel building itself looks like a modern apartment building in Tehran from the outside and reasonably chic on the inside.

Most important of all, FREE WIFI! Fast enough to stay in touch using apps such as Whatsap, Viber and for checking emails. Don't expect to be able to stream any media as internet is generally slow in Iran anyway.

Hotel restaurant: Great food! I ate there a couple of times, twice for breakfast (freshly made eggs and omelettes plus the usual butter and jam... I had dinner twice as well. First night I had Kabab which was very good and on my final night I ordered the special steak which was by far the best steak i've had anywhere in the world! Waiters were very professional and the actual restaurant had a nice ambience. I thought they are playing a really nice CD with relaxing piano. It turned out to be someone playing the piano live! I just didn't see him until halfway through my meal!

Location: Excellent location. Most of Tehran's good hotels are situated in the North of the city. However these are usually quite old as they were built in the 70's. Escan Hotel has a great central location that is very easy to access both the north of the city (20 mins by Metro) and the south (again 20 mins by metro). The closest metro station, Ferdousi Square, is only a 2 min walk from the hotel. The hotel was walking distance to the Bazaar, Golestan Palace, Vali Asr road, Parke Honarmandan (Artist's Park), Jewellery Museum, British and American embassies and most importantly Ferdousi Square where everyone goes to exchange their Pounds, Euros and Dollars into Rial and vice versa. The hotel was also only 15 mins from the internal Mehrabad Airport if you wish to take a plane to other cities in Iran and also easier to access IKA International due to its central location (IKA is to the south of the city).

I would 100% stay here again and I really wouldn't recommend any other hotel. Maybe don't expect 5*, but if you wish to be comfortable and have a good clean place to rest amid busy Tehran, you couldn't pick a better hotel. The majority of people staying here were foreign and iranian businessmen. I also saw a couple of families. Contact them via email if you wish to reserve. They were very quick in responding.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor on my first visit and the 1st floor on my second visit. Both were equally...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank silverlake2000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights late June 2014. Room was a bit small with single bed but had everything needed. A safe deposit box and comfortable bed.
Desk was small and no power plug close to the bed. Bathroom is small but well maintained.
Internet is very good.
Restaurant served good breakfast and fairly good Iranian food. Service was very good and staff helpful.
The only issue I had was that the AC was too noisy and did not really bring the room temperature to 18 or 20 degrees as I would like it to be.
Would however use it again as it seemed good by Iranian standards.
Housekeeping was good and rooms were clean.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LeRegulier
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Clean, professional management. Very helpful staff, speaking excellent English. Located near the subway, from which it takes about 20 minutes to reach the Grand Bazaar ( 1 change of train). The rooms are very clean, it is a modern hotel. Good breakfast. Not many restaurants nearby. The hotel is a little bit expensive in my view.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ola K
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 12 June 2014

5 months ago i stayed at this hotel and it was quite good hotel for Tehran. Price was 64 $ at that time including breakfast and VAT. Yesterday i asked for availability and prices again. They told me 86 $. I told them i stayed 5 months ago with this price please make me ome discount and they roughly refused me and they told me there is no availability. I think they are spoiled too much I will never stay at this hotel any more.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
10 Thank Hayatiiskender
italie
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Definitely the best hotel we stayed at during our trip in Iran.
You may find the lobby dark and the rooms at the front of the building a bit noisy, but this is a clean hotel, with good breakfast (their made-to-order omelettes are yummy!), immaculate, modern rooms and nice, helpful personnel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank ipero
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

After staying at three different hotels in Tehran during my trip, I can say Escan is a great hotel. In a city where customer service at hotels is scarce and rooms are still stuck in 1970, Escan is new and well maintained.

The hotel staff speak better English compared to many hotels in Tehran, the rooms are very clean and well-maintained, service is prompt, and the breakfast is scrumptious. They even stored my luggage for a whole day after I checked out of the hotel and went out of town for a side trip, which I think is very generous.

Definitely recommended for a mid-range stay in Tehran.

Room Tip: Each floor has a room for service staff. Get a room far away from that staff room because you can he...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
9 Thank The_Nomadic_Doctor
Adelaide
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed here for my last night in Iran, so I didn't mind paying a little bit more (expensive by Iranian standards but cheap by western).

The desk staff were friendly and very helpful and spoke very good English. The room was crisp, clean and up to date. The breakfast buffet was very good and conveniently started quite early in the morning - good for an early departure.

A very good choice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Bretton_1963

Been to Escan Hotel? Share your experiences!