Espinas Hotel
All reviewstraditional restaurantpersian gulfstar hotelhealth clubmodern hotelhigher floorroom temperaturelaleh parkiranian foodother hotelsrooms are spaciousfour starbreakfast buffet ismini barinternet connectionnice lobbybusiness trip
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I was in Tehran for 2 nights, too busy away from the hotel. The staff were friendly. The only meal I had was breakfast with plenty of choices. Free WiFi service is available but the signal is too weak sometimes and it even disappears. The hotel is comfortable but unfortunately I was away most of the time. On the last day, I was so tired sleeping so I put a no disturb light but the Laundry man woke me up to deliver the Laundry!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Khalis2
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I am surprised not to see this hotel top the rankings in Tehran, as it is truly an exceptional property that could very well hold its own against competition by major international chains. Moreover, it adds a new (it opened in 2010), totally refreshing challenge to the other top-end options in the city, limited to the "5-star" hotels that were internationally-owned back in the 1970s but that are terribly outdated, or the Raamtin, which I haven't tried but whose restaurant comes very recommended.

The hotel is perfectly located, NOT on Valiye-Asr Avenue as Tripadvisor writes, but on Keshavarz Boulevard, that is right in front of the beautiful Laleh Park and is a perfect starting point to reach Valiye-Asr Avenue and head either south to the museums and bazaar area, west to the University or Borgh-e Azadi areas, or North up Vailye-Asr to the stunning Mellat Park or the more modern, affluent and beautiful parts of northern Tehran and the mountains. Exploring Tehran on foot is not as daunting as it looks and this hotel offers the perfect starting point for it.

Since it is brand new, everything looks clean, spacious and modern, starting with the huge lobby with lots of marble and beautiful carpets, as well as panoramic elevators that lead up to the rooms. The lobby also has a couple of cafeterias along with halls that can be used for conferences, and a business center (the hotel offers free wireless internet if you cant to bring along your own laptop).

Rooms are very spacious, with huge and comfortable beds, excellent wardrobes and cupboards, coffee-making facilities, complimentary bottles of mineral water, a safe and a working area. The ones we stayed in also offer stunning views of Laleh Park, northern Tehran (Milad Tower included) and, weather and smog permitting, the mountains nearby the city.

There is a Mediterranean restaurant and a traditional one, but we didn't try them (nor did we try the spa and gym facilities). Breakfast is served in one of the restaurants, again with fine views of the city, and is much more varied than your usual Iranian breakfast.

Last but not least, it's the staff that makes this hotel truly exceptional. From the moment of our (very late) arrival in Tehran they made sure everything went smoothly for us. I would like to write a special mention and a big thank you to the girls in the front desk, who not only were extremely polite, competent and professional, but who also went out of their way to help us with everything we requested, and I can assure you I was certainly a pain in the neck for them due to the problems I had with a local agency. Again, thank you girls for your help and professionalism.

All in all, you can do no wrong with this hotel. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Liilak
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I came Iran for my surgery.I stayed in Espinas for one week .. ... That Hotel sounds very comfortable & luxury, i felt very good staying there cause staffs' behavior was so kind and friendly...Staying in Espinas is like being in your home..you must to try it once then you dont choose any other Hotels in Iran..

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank ali a
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I stayed for three nights in Espinas Hotel in Tehran. It was neither my first time in the city nor my first hotel in Tehran, and I can assure that this is one of the best ones, if not the best.

Real 5 star facilities, together with middle east personal service. Definitely this is one of the best choices you can take when coming to Tehran for business.

The hotel is in the city centre close to Laleh park and traffic can be heavy, as it usually is in Tehran.

Restaurant is ok, although perhaps their offer can be a bit scarce.

Rooms are big, with king size bed. Many international TV channels to choose and a confortable bathroom.

The possitive surprise came at check out time. As far as I knew, you could only pay in cash in Iran since western credit cards do not work in this country.... but, here you can make your payment without carrying all your money on you. Very good indeed.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank Gorka L
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We traveled from the United States to Tehran, with many family and friends for a wedding event for a 2 week period as our son was getting married. We dealt with the hotel in advance via email with very good communication and very attentive attention to our needs. Our group was set up as a group block and was treated excellent by your reservations team who handled our requests.

Upon arrival, never was i expecting to be treated so special. From check in to check out, each staff member went above and beyond to make our stay special and exciting for us. Never did I have one bad experience within the property. From housekeeping to management, we can truly say, we were treated like royalty. Our wedding reception for our son was not only a special memory we will cherish, it is also one of the best experiences we have had making the event something they will cherish forever.

I cannot say thank you enough for your hospitality and your kindness and will definitely take every opportunity to stay with you when I travel back to Tehran. I will also recommend to every traveler I know this hotel.

By the way, I am a hotel developer, and I personally had to take back my experience and implement changes on my properties hoping to give the same experience to our guests who choose to stay with us.

Again, thank you and thank you to your team, fabulous job.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family