“needs some renovation” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Laleh International Hotel Iran

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tehran
Laleh International Hotel Iran
Ranked #45 of 58 Hotels in Tehran
Budapest, Hungary
“needs some renovation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

i think this hotel needs some renovation, the furnitures in the room are nice but a bit old
breakfast was ok, the view from the top floor restaurant was pretty nice, the outdoor pool was nice, generally a good hotel but expensive

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lomexito

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed at the Laleh twice in October 2013 - at the beginning and end of my trip. I cannot understand how anyone could give the place a bad review!

We ate in the various Laleh restaurants - lovely meals, good service. Rooms were clean, functional and had great views. one of the dining rooms is beautifully decorated in the Persian style.

Most of all, the staff were superb. I just stayed a couple of days on my first visit and what I loved the most was that on my return 3 weeks later, I was greeted by staff like I was a long lost friend. Lovely, warm smiles of recognition and a chorus of 'welcome back' made me feel like I had come home. How good is that for a big hotel?

Laleh Park nearby is terrific for walking - all the locals are there exercising and relaxing - a great place to start your day or go for a moment of peace away from the hustle and bustle of the city. The little market on the corner near the modern art gallery is good too. The Carpet Museum is an easy walk. There is also a small commercial art gallery on the way to the little market. It is terrific.

There is a great bookshop in the lobby, with new and second-hand books about Iran in English.

Like all hotels in Iran it has two small issues - no floors for non-smokers, and wifi that doesn't reach all of the rooms.

Room Tip: You can have a room overlooking the park, or one overlooking the mountains. The latter is a better v...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank OzzieAnnie
hillsborough ca usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

To call this a "luxury" hotel is a gross exaggeration of the term. It's a tired, old, at best a 3 star hotel. Pool was closed, rooms haven't been upgraded since the Shah was removed. That said, it's centrally located across from a park and the staff is quite friendly and helpful. I've traveled all over Iran and there are some wonderful legitimate 5 star hotels that can compete with hotels internationally, however, there are none in Tehran. This surprises me, a capital city with no decent hotels? What gives?

Room Tip: Ask to look at several rooms before choosing.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank harriet n
Charlotte, NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

It is a shame that this hotel provides you with your first impression of Iran. We arrived to a suite that reeked of boiled cabbage (was the staff using the kitchen?), drapes hanging off of the curtain rod and cockroaches. Since we had never visited Iran before, we had no idea of the standards. Also, if there are cockroaches in one room, you can be sure they are everywhere in the hotel, so we did not complain. During our 4-night stay in this hotel, some bits of paper left on the carpet by prior guests were never vacuumed. Also, we had several findings of bugs, so we kept our luggage tightly zipped. The bed linens were changed each day, and seemed clean; the pillows were like rocks. We also received clean towels each day. This hotel was built in the 1970's as the Intercontinental, but it hasn't really been updated at all. Our bathroom was pretty pathetic, and we had to pour water into the floor drain to eliminate the odor of sewer gas. Breakfast was very average. Traditional restaurant in the hotel was ok, but not great. Your tour operator will want you to stay in the Laleh because it is close to many of the tourist sights, and traffic in Tehran is terrible. You should insist on another hotel, because the Laleh is not representative of what we found during the rest of our tour of Iran. Surely in a city the size of Tehran there is a clean hotel near the sights. I cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank PoisonPrincess
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

The Laleh is an old institution in Tehran tourist market. Forget that once it was Intercontinental .
Now IT IS LALEH. This means good rooms, free Wi Fi, good englisg spoken, used to tourists and foreigners and fast end efficient service.
The restaurants are not the best example but you don't plan to go out for ...breakfast.
So find your way among the always busy breakfast place (the hotel is always full) in the ground floor and you will not be hungry. The Persian Restaurant in the ground floor is not bad. As for the others restaurants? . OK even at home I don't chose a hotel's restaurant to go out!!

Room Tip: ask for rooms to higher floors.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank BIZAS
Kolkata
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Alongwith the Indian Tea Delegation I stayed at the Hotel laleh International in Tehran over 3rd to 5th March 2013. The hotel is located at a convenient place. Hotel provides a good panaramic view. Hotel staff is very cooperative and food is excellent. I wish to stay at the hotel at my next visit. Chhers hotel management!

Room Tip: all rooms are quite good
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank SUJIT2009
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

I returned to Iran and Tehran after 15 years or so and stayed in the same hotel. I must say that I have seen all round improvement. The hotel itself, service, the restaurants, the swimming pool and even the parking lot with a few BMWs and Mercedes cars in it, were all a far cry from my 15 year old memories of the place. The best thing about the hotel is that it is right next to the Laleh Park which is huge, green and immaculately maintained while being used by hundreds of people everyday. Did feel a little awkward though during my morning walk in shorts because I did not encounter a single person in shorts! Even the men doing strenuous workouts were long full length track suits! Back to the hotel, they say they have a gym , but they don't. They have a pool though and you can have poolside dinners. Alcohol is a strict no- no in Iran so either you abstain or you don't go there! The banquet hall of the hotel was hosting a wedding and I was totally taken aback to see the bride in a white, western style, off shoulder wedding gown! Apparently that is the done thing even among the Shia gentry in Tehran. I think the hotel witnessed some tumultuous events during the Revolution, so if you are a history buff, that s another attraction of the place.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the pool, you will also overlook the Laleh Park.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Atindra S

Been to Laleh International Hotel Iran? Share your experiences!