Laleh International Hotel Iran
All reviewscontemporary art museumsmall mallsweet shoppersian restaurantbuffet breakfast ishotel restaurantrooms are cleaninternet connectionmoney exchangeshort staybookshopbarber
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We found this hotel to be very overpriced. Staff were not helpful or friendly. My husband was told by one staff member that 5,000 rial notes did not exist!!!! The room and bathroom were old and shabby. The reverse cycle air conditioning was set on heat, and we could not turn it down, so the room remained very warm, even when we turned it off altogether. Were not impressed by this overpriced average hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nelsonferry
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Room has improper smell, maybe the carpet smell, food is the same everyday, every breakfast , the same boring bean soap, you can hear others in next rooms, this time i heard a couple making which seems un ethical, the other night, i was disturbed by the voice of TV next room. Taxi service charges you more when they know you are forigner, there is a Pizza resturant facing the hotel (pizza amibish i guess), which is amazing, with free wifi, i advice this place, going back to laleh, the internet service is poor and u have to log in every while and then, if u want to take breakfast , take it around 6 Am, otherwise you will not find a place if you are late, you can charge your phone from hotel , but the price is a bit higher, near the hotel there is laleh park which is amazing place, dont walk right, walk left and will find shops after a 15 minutes walk..

Room Tip: maybe if you choose a room in upper floors and not facing the street , facing the park..
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank wmahat
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Built in the early Seventies as one of the Intercontinental Hotel chain, the Laleh still retains much of its orginal features intact. Agree with most reviewers that the furnishings and facilities are tired and in need of modernisation to live up to its claimed 5-star rating. The imposing grand chandelier at the main lobbly has long lost its lustre, while the much worn out sofa for waiting guests would have been relegated to the disposal ground in other establishments. The beds in the guestrooms could be of bigger size even for the small-built. So much for that, but the customer services are, to be fair, effective and more than adequate.

Our group checked in very early in the morning and the full buffet breakfast was promptly ready at 6 am. And, we were soon allowed access to our rooms well ahead of the normal available time for a much-needed rest after a long overnight flight before start of our tour in the afternoon. Such customer-oriented facilitation was much welcomed and appreciated by all.

But most impresseive of all was an incident experienced by one of our group. A member forgot to bring some essential health maintenance medicine and went to the resident doctor at the hotel clinic (a rare facility in Iranian hotels) for help. Not having the same drug in the clinic, the lady doctor duly prescribed him (a doctor himself) an alternative drug for the purpose, free of charge for the consultation and medication (probably for mutual professional respect) for the whole duration of his 10-day visit to Iran, even though we stayed at the Laleh just for one night. We thought such thoughtful personal gesture was most admirable, and hopely reflects an honourable civic mind of the profession in general.

Thus, notwithstanding any inadequacy in its hardware, our experience of the Laleh was a very positive one.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cletus L
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Before I travelled to Tehran, I checked the TripAdvisor for the Travellers reviews and these make me to be bit wary about the Laleh Hotel.
I can now confirmed that many of the comments are quite close to my own experience…The Laleh definitely needs a bit of a facelift but more importantly the food service must be improved. Breakfast is limited and quality below average. Restaurant service is equally poor and waiters are less than helpful and efficient, in two occasions brought me something I had not ordered (English is not the problem); worse of all, they did not seem to care about the mistake. At the lobby coffee-bar service is slow.
The room has seen better days but what they could do as a matter of urgency is to change the mattress, one of the most uncomfortable that I can remember.
The Reception staff was kind and helpful at all times and I must be understanding of the current situation and limitations on providing a better service not only at the Laleh but most hotels in Tehran, so overall I would give and average score and I hope to be back soon to Iran and to see the improvements that I am sure will be made.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JuanFPerez
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I arrived at the Laleh (previously the Intercontinental) Hotel at 05:30 in the morning. Reception and check in was extremely efficient and the whole lobby are was attractive. However that is where it stopped.
The rooms are small and in dire need of an upgrade. Dark and really need redecorating. I did notice that there are efforts going on to redecorate, at least on floor 4! Rusted door hinges and no "spy hole" in the door. Therefore you cant see who is knocking without opening the door. The bathroom is adequate, but I will say with a superb range of toiletries. The beds were hard but I know this is a personal preference but sheets etc. changed daily. The walls are thin and I was unlucky enough to have a couple as neighbours who seemed to hate each other. Arguing throughout the night! On the plus side the housekeeping service was first class. Spotlessly clean room. The AC was noisy. And even on the 10th floor traffic noise from the main road could be heard. I visited Tehran in winter and there is no extra blanket in the room. Cold!
The staff in general were helpful when approached but someone need to teach them to smile and to anticipate their customers needs.
All in all a decent hotel but very tired.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business