The only good thing is that the breakfast is great. Here are some points to consider:
- The hotel is extremely dated. Even the newer tower is showing its age.
- The hotel is dirty. As an example, pay attention to red carpet in lobby. It used to be red at one point in distant past. Now it is brown, as if never cleaned. The large Persian rug at the main entrance is old & nasty, not a good initial impression.
- The staff is dirty. The men have dirty collar white shirts. Their uniforms are old & not in good shape. Many don't shave their faces & have offensive body odors.
- The beds & pillows are uncomfortable.
- The outdoor swimming pool has been empty & in bad shape for decades. The view to the south of the newer tower is a half finished but abandoned building, an ugly site.
- Also Known As:
- Esteghlal Grand Tehran