“Best hotel I stayed in when in Iran” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Azadi Grand Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tehran
Azadi Grand Hotel
Ranked #16 of 58 Hotels in Tehran
Coimbra, Portugal
“Best hotel I stayed in when in Iran”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

A very large lobby with extremely friendly reception staff.
The room was large and well furnished, with a writing desk, 2 armchairs and a coffee table. The en suite bathroom was well equipped and the towels were fresh. The room was equipped with a large, flat screen TV with numerous channels, but only 2 had English. There was no BBC News or CNN.
We had breakfast and evening meal here. The breakfast was very good with a variety of fresh fruit, cereal, breads, and cooked food like scrambled egg, tomatoes and meat. Coffee was instant coffee, but Iranians are not big on coffee and much prefer tea. Dinner was not so good. The waitresses were miserable and disinterested. I ordered a vegetable soup and was served a chicken soup, which the waitress tried to convince me was fish. Either way, it was not vegetable. The next night we opted to eat dinner out.
The first night we stayed, before flying south to Shiraz the next day, our sleep was disturbed at midnight by children running up an down the corridor and shouting. This continued for 25 minutes. My wife phoned reception, but no one came. One child then even rang our door bell and I had to get out of bed, go into the corridor and shout at the children, which scared them off to their rooms. When we complained about this the next day the reception staff explained that they were Arabs and the hotel needed their trade and did not like to upset them!
Luckily when we returned to the hotel for 2 further nights a week later, there were no wild children in the corridors and we had undisturbed sleep.
WiFi was free and although I was told it was only available in the lobby, it worked well on the 12th floor.
Would I stay here again? Yes. The disturbed sleep on the first night was not repeated, the rooms are very spacious, the bed comfortable and the breakfast is good.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank martyncymro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

In my opinion this is the top hotel in Teheran.
The room are big, clean and confortable with a wifi and Also ADSL cable. Good restouran inside and big continental breakfast area. It's very colse to the expo (5 min by car), but is too mutch far from the center of the city.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Paolo M
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for the first time and only one night. The reservation only was able in internet but the bad item for reservation is that; you have only 15 minutes for payment.
The room was OK but not as a 5 star hotel. The breakfast was TERRIBLE. It has not more than a 3 star hotel. Only small oranges as fresh fruits, only instant coffee in the bar, 1 type of sweet, and you would not be find excellent diary products of Azarbaijan areas.

Totally, I will not select it for the next time and I only recommend this hotel for the pleasure of its vicinity

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Timatus N
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Newly renovated hotel with spacious rooms,comparatively better than other hotels available in Tehran so you can say best in the worst, Service staff is not prompt at least you have to call them 2 times for one job .breakfast is simple need more varieties, good view of city and mountains

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank Manish1980017
Esfahan, Iran
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Well actually it's the best and newest hotel you can find in Tehran!!!! But It's not really a 5 stars hotel! The breakfast it's awful!!! And the stuff are rude! I don't like the atmosphere at all! The taxi of hotel?! You pay double!
Every holy day they try to enter in your room for cleaning and that makes me crazy and every night I had to close the door with Key!!!

Room Tip: I choose room withe Mountains view on 20th. floor an that's beautifull
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank ParnianHsn
Almaty, Kazakhstan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

We checked into the hotel at four AM. My son left at 4 PM and they charged my double occupancy for two days?! Did not get anywhere trying to explaining to the front desk.
The safe in the room got broken and it took an hour for them to fix it so that I could get to my stuff! And got late to my meeting.
The food except for chicken kebab which is OK is terrible and overpriced for Iranian standards always gave me upset stomach!.
I was in the shower when a service crew entered the room, to fix a broken phone that I did not even ask for!!
Most of the crew are rude and untrained to work in hospitality industry

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank Majid L
Larnaka City, Cyprus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

we spent 2 nights there,it is fully renovated with spacious rooms&bathrooms.
our room had a great view of Mt alborz .satelite had rather good choice of channels.
breakfast was simple compare to same hotel in other countries.
location is perfect also,in vicinity there is a nice restaurant named buka with delicious foods at reasonable price.
at last staff were friendly &helpful except reception section.
in total i would like to come back there again.

Room Tip: rooms on the high floors with Mt alborz view
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank sani_13

Been to Azadi Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!