“Average hotel”

Ranked #2 of 69 Hotels in Kuwait City
Qatar
“Average hotel”
Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

They told me its the best hotel in Kuwait, but we were not that happy with our stay, small rooms and very poor customer service, they barely answer the telephone when you call then

We liked the missoni touch but we expected something way better from a fashion hotel.

The rooms are very small and their staff number were small and you can feel that they work for long hours and tired

I recommend this hotel if there is no better hotel than it, otherwise don't get close

• Stayed September 2012
Alfio B, General Manager at Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Dear Tourlover,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
We are sorry to know you were not fully pleased with your stay at the hotel.
We appreciate receiving comments from you as a valued guest, as this type of feedback will help us to improve our services.
We look forward to welcome you again, to deliver the level of performance you to expect from Hotel Missoni Kuwait.
Best Regards
Alfio Bernardini

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 25 August 2012

The hotel is only beautiful colors, interiors and furniture but when it comes to basic level of hospitality and service this hotel strikes a big Zero on the scale. Our disappointmet started when we first booked and requested an extra bed for my daughter at booking time, we arrived at the hotel and had to request it again, we left the hotel for dinner and returned still the bed was not there, we waited until midnight with continuous calling and finally received it!!. The staff is rude and don't admit or appologise for mistakes, when they mixed up my order where i had ordered the falafel wrap and received the humus and falafel seperate!! I call room service no one picks up untill the third time and a rude lady answers and says: Fine i will send someone to wrap it for You !!!
There is a big problem with irons and ironing boards, non available when you need one and you wait for almost an hour to receive a call that none are Available at the moment!!.
Another problem is that although we were staying at the 9th floor we could still hear the jet skis and howling ferraris and noisy cars passing by!
I have stayed in five star hotels and this certinly doesnt qualify for one!! Sorry! Not impressed, very disappointed and too will never return

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Kholoud-M-Al-Ali
Customer C, General Manager at Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Dear Kay A,
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us.
We regret to learn about your stay and for not being able to deliver up to our standards on this occasion.
We value your feedback and we believe that constructive comments are a valuable source of information that we will be using for improving.
As we would like to learn more in detail, please do not hesitate to contacting us directly at customercare.kuwait@hotelmissoni.com

Pittsburgh
Reviewed 23 August 2012

My experience with this hotel started off on the "wrong foot". From the time I was met at the airport by the hotel representative in a cheap looking suit with shoes that were "leaning over" and shuffled into a contracted taxi (who did not know where he was going) to the front desk where I was asked to present my wife or I could not check in. But it gets better, I called the front desk on multiple nights for a wake call and to have someone bring up bottled water to my room and NO ONE answered the phone after 1am; no receptionist, no operator, not even reservations answered the phone. I felt like I was staying at the Bates Motel. The room was very Missoni with a great view of the sea; however, the staff and overall experience was average to poor. I've had much better experiences with hotels in Kuwait with less stars and hype. "Been there, done that" and I too will never return...sorry! Not impressed, very disappointed. Please step up your game Missoni.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Wstenhouse,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
As we strive to mantain our service on a high standard , please be assured that we will be analyzing your comments very carefully and appropriate measures and actions will be taken accordingly.
Please do not hesitate to contacting us directly at customercare.kuwait@hotelmissoni.com

General manager
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The hotel interiors are designed to keep you smiling. The colors, furniture, natural lighting, rooms layout keep the positive energy flowing.The suite is equipped with modern appliances... I liked the TV, it looks like it came from future. The pool and Spa area are nice too but the Spa needs to be booked at least three days in advance due to the high number of costumers. This hotel will definitely be on my shortlist of Kuwait hotels.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor room if you don't like the noise of the kids in the pool.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Alfio B, General Manager at Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait, responded to this review, 17 September 2014
Dear Ahmad,
Thank you for you for taking the time to write a review.
We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again in the next future.

Best regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2012

On my last visit to Kuwait I decided to stay at the Missoni as it was offering a better deal than the JW Marriott and some local Kuwaitis recommended it.

The good bits:
It looks good!
The Cucina restaurant was excellent
The chocolate cafe was also really good
The toiletries in the room were of a really good size and nice products
Although the room was small it was very well appointed and the bed was very comfortable
All the rooms had a sea view (windows were a bit dirty though)
Laundry included in the room rate
Mini bar included in the room rate (although it wasn't replenished)
Breakfast was included in the room rate

The poor bits:
The pool was under refurbishment and we were not permitted to sit on the terrace. Given that we had a 6 night stay this was rather disappointing. We ended up at the Marriott Courtyard for the sun and pool whenever we had any spare time.
I didn't find the stripes, florals, spots all mixed together very restful - especially in the room
The hairdryer wasn't close to a power point and a mirror
The location of the hotel meant that we spent a lot of money on taxis.
No exec lounge

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear EBoultbee,

Thank your for your review which was not replied to you earlier because of a management change.

We appreciate however you taking the time to leave your comments which were just recently discussed in our quality committee group for follow up

Thank you again for feedback and we hope to welcoming you again at our Hotel.
A. Bernardini
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Ive been enjoying one of the hotel's restaurants (cucina)for quite some time. Tonight (Friday the 8th of June 2012) ive decided to have dinner at cucina, i went there and entered the hotel and waited for the elevator and got on and it didnt move! The security man came to ask me where am I going , i said (cucina) he told me it was closed! I was surprised because i was there last week! And i told him that, the guy was shockd and asked me to talk to The receptionist who told me the restaurant is open and i am welcome to go there! Now i was shockd with all of this and realised "thats my theory" that the managment is trying to control the "crowd" appearantly! And who gets in or out! At the end i refused the receptionist offer to dine and walked out.
The moral of the story is, i will make sure never ever set a foot at this hotel and i will tell everyone i know what happened to me and i will beg them not to have even a cup of espresso there!
Missoni you make me sick!
-Faisal.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Bogweez
AlfioBernardini, General Manager at Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear Mr Faisal,
I regret to learn about your experience with our security department at Hotel Missoni for what looks to be a misunderstanding.
I was informed by our reception staff that you were promptly assisted and that we offered to escort you to the restaurant.
We understand and respect your decision not to do so but we do hope that you will reconsider the Hotel Missoni and Cucina in the future.
I would like to make sure that you know that we welcome all our clients in our Hotel and outlets with genuine hospitality and we do not and never will make distinction of any kind whatsoever.
In any case, I would be pleased to learn more directly from you, please find our e mail address: pronto.kuwait@hotelmissoni.com.
Look forward to welcoming you at Missoni again in the next future
Best regards
AB
Geneal Manager
Frankfurt
Reviewed 9 May 2012

The Missoni Hotel in Kuwait is quite new. Rooms and the equipment are very stylish and modern.
However, when I was there the pool was under construction and as I just had about 5 hrs of spare time there was no real option but sit in the room... There was no real terrace to sit (and the one at the restaurant seemed not to be meant to sit outside) and as the pool was under construction the whole terrace was closed as well... The location of the hotel is unfortunately not the best either - many construction sides around the hotel and you cannot that easy step out and walk around as there is nothing very close by and anyway walking by foot is not very usual in Kuwait.
It will probably be better in about 2-3 years when there might be anything else around, the prices are a bit more reasonable and the pool will work again...

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
We are sorry to know you were not fully pleased with your stay at the hotel.
We look forward to welcome you again.
Best Regards