“Superb”

Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait
Ranked #2 of 70 Hotels in Kuwait City
Reviewed 9 December 2012

One of the very best hotels in Kuwait City. The location is excellent, the staff are extremely responsive and knowledgeable, the service and standards are way above a regular 5*. The spa was relaxing, Well done to the management team on a truly well run hotel. I will stay there again without a shadow of a doubt.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Alfio B, General Manager at Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Dear Dan,
Thank you for your revue, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Your very positive comments are very valuable to us and a source of motivation, I will make sure we will share it among the team.
We look forward to welcoming you soon at Hotel Missoni Kuwait again in the future.
Best regards.

Reviewed 8 December 2012

A cheap airfare, the prospect of catching up with an old friend, and the lure of a designer hotel were the perfect storm for this traveller.

I booked a cheap airfare to Kuwait, having been keen for some time to check out this hotel. And let me just say, the hotel itself is stunning. The Missoni style is everywhere from the huge pots decorating the entrance to the coffee cups in the room. It's a thoughtfully designed hotel - the rooms come with large and comfy beds facing the Arabian Gulf. A small sitting area with equally fabulous couches, a large screen TV and electric blinds make the room practical and stylish. Nice touches include a NEspresso machine (take note some other hotels who only put these in the suites).

The bathroom come with gold fixtures and hilarious kermit green loo paper! Fluffy towels, Missoni toiletries and size wise bath robes.

Other welcome touches include two way airport transfers, three pieces of laundry, minibar (dry) and breakfast are all included in the room rate. Amazing really. I had breakfast delivered to the room and it included coffee or tea, a basket of baked goods, preserves, a bowl of fresh fruit and yoghurt, cereal of my choice and fresh juice. These lovely additions were worth the room rate alone.

My rate also included a 50 min massage at the fabulous Six Senses Spa on site. The spa is, as expected, sleek and minimalist (and a little dark) but staff welcoming and well trained.

But for all these special touches, the hotel is let down by its service and staff. My arrival was less than stunning - a chaotic lobby and less than enthusiastic check in staff. Apparently there was a football tournament on and three national teams - Bahrain, Yemen and KSA - were staying in house. Which made for some lovely eye candy, but clearly threw the staff into a panic.

My room was on the fifth floor, had a great view but seemed to be smack bang in the middle of the visiting team's camps. The physical therapy and other coaching rooms were next to mine, which meant lots of foot traffic in my corridor, not very well thought out location for a single female traveller.

My attempt at trying the restaurant upstairs was Fawlty Towers style comical. I was told there was "one table left" and there was a "special buffet" tonight. The waiter then took off into the labrythine restaurant, sensing I had to follow him, luckily I did because I finally found the "buffet". Left to find my way back, I sat for a full 15 minutes before I managed to get the attention of a waitress for some water. They then promptly disappeared.

The food however, a Brazilian buffet prepared by a visiting chef, was excellent as was the stunning view across the Arabian Gulf. Bu again I had to hunt down a waiter for more drinks and then the cheque, which then came twice.

The following day, I approached a staff member for a later check out. By later I meant one hour. Iw as told "we're busy". When I pushed she said she had to "check with my manger" who was "not here, or maybe in a meeting". She was finally convinced to allow me the grace of an extra hour.

Anther staff encounter saw me ask one of the front desk staff to book me a driver for a meeting. I also asked for the hotel address in Arabic. He made a call then simply took off, leaving me standing there because he had other guests to look after. When I pointed this out, he said "I asked her (his colleague) to get you the card"....

My check out was much better thanks to the charming and dedicated Stefano who went out of his way to help me and make the process smooth.

In spite of the staff and service issues, I did enjoy my stay and would recommend this stylish hotel. Just make sure it isn't full when you book.

Room Tip: Go as for one of the larger rooms as they can be on the small side
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Dear Rachelannmorris,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments while staying with us.
We are glad to learn that you like our unique design as well as all the other extra services and features we are offering to our clients as a part of Missoni Hotel concept.
At the same time, we realize you have experienced some issues with our other services while staying with us.
The fact that we were dealing with a high demand day with a different client mix does not justify that the general level is not up to standard, please accept our apologies for not delivering consistently on this occasion.
At the same time, we would like to thank you for pointing that out in a very detailed way, this is a great help for myself and my team going forward.
Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back again at Hotel Missoni Kuwait.

Reviewed 28 November 2012

Had a one night stay in the hotel and rooms were very colourful however tasteful. I love the Maserati pick up and the blue toilet paper both firsts for me. Disappointed by the shower very poor and leaked onto the floor. Very comfortable bed and good linen.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Alfio B, General Manager at Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2012

Dear Madmoo1103,
We would like to thank you for your review.
We are happy to learn that you enjoyed our unique Missoni design and features, we are also pleased to hear about your Maserati ride from the airport.
We regret about your experience with the shower, our maintenance Team has been notified on the issue and we shall be following up correcting it.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you soon in Kuwait.

Reviewed 22 November 2012

A pleasant surprise in Kuwait City: a 5-star hotel without the boring sameness of other better-known branded properties. Good food, very good service, excellent attention to detail. A global standard, but without the miserable plastic feel that others sometimes have.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor: the view is grand.
2  Thank Abu G
Alfio B, General Manager at Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2012

Dear Abu G,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.
I am delighted that you had an excellent experience at our hotel.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Kuwait shortly and thanking you once again for your valuable comments.
Warm Regards

Reviewed 20 November 2012

I have never been in Kuwait, and honest - I never had a reason to visit Kuwait. But now on my way to Honk Kong and China we thought lets visit Kuwait.
We book the Missoni Hotel and just to see the Hotel and stay there its worth it to visit Kuwait.. Even you are not a fashion "freak" you should not miss this hotel. And as I sayed before, even you have no reason to visit Kuwait - now you have one...................... ;)
The location is great, you can see the sky line from Kuwait form all your rooms. All the employees are dressed in great designed uniforms and everybody has a smile one his face. The hotel offer free shuttle service from the airport and if you are lucky you will drive in a Masserati ( what a great experience) The rooms are big and well mentained and most important the room was clean and perfect shaped. We asked for a tour through the Hotel and so we could see nearly everything. The massage in the breath taking spa was perhaps the best one I ever had.
Breakfast is offered on the top floor and so you start your day with a breath taking few over the Arabina Gulf and the sky line from Kuwait. You should try the pool wich impress with it size. Dinner we had in the restaurant on the top floor ( forgot the name) was great. Good mix of Italian, international and Japan food. Try the soup!!!!
You can feel that this hotel is not only well built and great designed you feel from the first moment you enter the Hotel that the Management understand HOSPITALITY, you feel welcome and treated great. Thank you for this great and quite unusal experience

Room Tip: All the rooms are facing the Arabian gulf. try to get a room in a high floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alexander_Vienna

Dear Mr. Alexander,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review .
We are most happy to learn about your experience while staying at Hotel Missoni.
Your valuable comments are truly appreciated and are a source of motivation for all of us while we are working toward making each stay a very special experience to all of our clients.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Very best regards

Reviewed 16 November 2012

One of the best hotel rooms I've had the pleasure of staying at for a while.

The hotel has a very convenient location with a clear view of the sea and the Kuwait skyline. Ask for a sea view room to get the full benefits. I stayed on the 17th floor and it was marvelous.

The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in.

The rooms are quiet, cozy and spacious with amenities and a great entertainment system including iPod/phone/pad docking facility to play your own music.

The rate I got was good and included breakfast, free internet and 3 pieces of laundry.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room to get the full benefit of staying at this hotel.
1  Thank SherifAbaza
Alfio B, General Manager at Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Dear SherifAbaza,

We are delighted you had a nice time and appreciate your comments and your tip for other guests.
We are looking forward to welcome you again!
Best Regards

Reviewed 13 November 2012

The Hotel Missoni in Kuwait provides excellent service in a modern Italian style, which includes an state of the art espresso machine, Nespresso, in each room with complementary capsules. Service is very responsive, the hotel is fairly new and in good shape, and the location has all rooms with a splendid view on the Corniche and the sea.

Strange, maybe, is the tiny lobby which provides only two check-in counters, but this seems to be a Missoni trade mark. Finally, the gym is well equipped and the SPA is very comfortable and cozy.

Room Tip: All rooms give on the Corniche. At night, there is some car and bike racing going on at the Arabian...
1  Thank CESLB
Alfio B, General Manager at Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2012

Dear CESLB,
Thank you for you for taking the time to write a review.
We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again in the next future.