“Trendy & great service”

Ranked #3 of 69 Hotels in Kuwait City
Leverkusen, Germany
“Trendy & great service”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Very trendy hotel that thinks ahead. First wow factor, being picked up at the airport with a car featuring free WIFI. Public areas very fancy and hip, guest rooms are not the biggest but featuring a fantastic view over the Arabic Gulf. Design & features match perfect. Definitely a place to recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Alfio B, General Manager at Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait, responded to this review, 17 February 2013
Dear TG0871,
Thank you for your feedback, we are most happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, also thank you for recommending us!
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Sincerely
Alfio Bernardini

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
Rome
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I spent five days in this property last fall. It was a very busy week, and on top of it, due to the 100% dryness of the State of Kuwait, there was no hope to have a relaxing drink in the evening. A fully depressing week, then?
Not really.
I booked at the Hotel Missoni, and this really allowed me to make the most of my stay in Kuwait. They do as much as possible to enhance the quality of your stay.
To begin with, I was upgraded to a "Missoni Maggiore" suite (72m²), enjoying a beautiful view over the Gulf. The suite is extremely well appointed, with excellent Missoni-branded toiletries, There is even a second bathroom. Lavish!
Second, the upgrade carried a couple of nice perks: complimentary limousine airport transfers and (limited) complimentary laundry. Both highly appreciated!
Missoni is a top Italian designer, and this hotel has clearly a distinctive atmosphere. Part of the staff is made up by young Italians. They are all extremely polite and very nice and, as an Italian myself, I was proud of their dedication to their job. But I was less proud of the distant approach of the Italian general manager of the hotel, who did not seem to make a priority of welcoming his clients.
But this was a minor problem. Other pluses were that the hotel has a nice gym and a pretty big outside pool. To have a swim there in the heat of the Gulf is invaluable,
All in all, a place of reference in Kuwait. With the time, even the stiff general manager will learn how to be more relaxed and forthcoming,

Room Tip: Try to get an upgrade to a Maggiore Suite
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MagisterRome
Alfio B, General Manager at Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Dear Magister Rome,
Thank you for recent review which was very much appreciated.
I am most pleased to learn about your experience with us, the same goes for my colleagues.
Your very nice comments about the facilitis, the service and the staff do reflect our philosophy and this pays off for the efforts and the passion we all put in our job.
Thank you for motivating us even further in what we do, it is very much appreciated.
On a side note, I also read with great interest your very own personal comment about me, the GM.
Unfortunately I do not have the privilege to meet with all my clients in person, at least not as much as I would like to, however, I do hope your travels will take you to Kuwait again and I am sure we will have the pleasure to meet in person and take it from there.
Thank you again and my very best regards to you
Lorton, Virginia
Reviewed 31 January 2013

We just spent one night here on our first trip to Kuwait City for business. Great seaside location with a view of the bay. The hotel is bright and clean with modern fixtures and furnishings. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. They take obvious pride in the hotel and do their best to please. Absolutely the most comfortable bed I've had in a long time. Excellent blackout curtiains with electric controls. Great towels and robes. Free Internet and a wonderful breakfast. Coffee maker and teapot in the room as well as a minimally stacked in fridge. I echo prior comments about the nonexistent soundproofing. It sounded like the people in the next room were right there with me. Also, no iron or board in the room. A real highlight was the complimentary limo to the airport - get this - a beautiful Maserati sedan!

Room Tip: Ask if they can give you a room without adjacent neighbors.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PsaltyDog
Dear PsaltyDog,
Thank for taking the time to review our Hotel.
We are very pleased and underline your comment on our staff and their commitment and pride they put in their job, this is our aim and I am most happy to see that it reflects in the service experience our clients have staying with us.
This and the other kind remarks about our bed and the breakfast are very appreciated and they will be shared among the team.
We acknowledge the comment about the soundproofing, we are in the process of evaluating it throughout the Hotel with a professional company seeking for a suitable solution.
Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you soon again!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2013

The hotel as such is fresh, modern and quirky. The staff are very good and we had dinner in both restaurants, both fine. My only problem is the noise. The soundproofing is absolutely non existent, both from street noise and between rooms. Whilst I managed to put up with the outside noise, the couple in the room next to me might just as well have been in my room as I could hear absolutely every bit of their conversation and movements. I find it incredible that having spent so much money and care on the concept of the hotel, basic soundproofing was absolutely done away with. The other annoying thing is that taxi drivers have no idea where the hotel is. A hotel car was supposed to meet us at the airport but did not. Thankfully, the rep from the Sheraton was very kind and helpful and eventually rang the Missoni who said we should just use a limo car. So we went to get one but of the 10 cars or so available nobody knew the hotel nor wanted to take us there. After much pleading, one did agree to "give it a go" but it took us 1h30 to find the hotel compared to the 20 minutes it took on the way back to the airport... Good luck to you all if the hotel car is not there to meet you, even if you have agreed this in advance!!! Incidentally, we had the same problem with a taxi on our way back from the Soukh but thankfully I remembered that the hotel was close to the American University and when I said that to the driver he was then able to find the place.

Room Tip: Try and get as high as possible, it helps with the street noise...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Alfio B, General Manager at Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait, responded to this review, 31 January 2013
Dear daniel_london_11,

Thank you for your kind comment about the hotel its staff and your dining experience in our restaurants, we appreciate you taking time for it.
We regret to learn about the issues you have experienced with our limousine pick up service and we sincerely apologize for it , we will be investigating this matter and take corrective actions accordingly.
When it comes to the Taxy drivers who do not know or pretend to ignore the location of the Hotel, unfortunately we have limited or no control over it.
As a matter of fact we have been reported the same issue on a previous occasion and also other hotels are affected by this problem in Kuwait, it very much depends on the experience of the driver and their general knowledge of the city.
To avoid the above, we highly encourage our guests to book a driver with us, this will ensure a consistent and trustworthy service.
Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you to Hotel Missoni in the future.

Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Very colorful hotel with beautiful views of the sea. Breakfast was lovely but Luna restaurant requires a larger seating area as we had to wait for a while to get a table. The only drawback in this hotel is the noise from the Arabian Gulf Street. They require sound proof windows.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Alfio B, General Manager at Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Dear Mohammedaryan,

Thank you for your comments.
We are glad you enjoy the beautiful view that can be enjoyed from all our rooms at the Hotel.
We regret for the waiting time during breakfast , at the same time we will work on a solution that will contribute in avoiding the same.
Thank you again and we all look forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Missoni.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Seriously, the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. EVER! I am sad that I only had one night in that bed. The hotel is very cheerful as soon as you walk into the lobby. Everything is so colorful and bright that it puts you in a good mood. The service was good and even the airport pick-up staff was well-dressed and extremely professional. The rooms is equally colorful and cheery and the view of the ocean is beautiful. One thing I liked was that the room rate includes everything including what is in the minibar. The problem is, the minibar is very poorly stocked. Breakfast was interesting, again because of the decor. The food was good, but nothing really to write home about.
Overall, a very pleasant experience and a hotel I would definitely come back to, with my own snacks.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Alfio B, General Manager at Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait, responded to this review, 20 January 2013
Dear Hamfob,
Thank you for your review.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us , we are also happy to hear your comments about the very comfortable bed, but most importantly about the overall experience, the design and most importantly the service.
Thank you for your inputs regarding the mini bar, this comes in complimentary with your room rate but we will make good use of your comment to discuss way of improving it, same thing for the breakfast.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Missoni again in the next future.
Reviewed 9 December 2012 via mobile

One of the very best hotels in Kuwait City. The location is excellent, the staff are extremely responsive and knowledgeable, the service and standards are way above a regular 5*. The spa was relaxing, Well done to the management team on a truly well run hotel. I will stay there again without a shadow of a doubt.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Alfio B, General Manager at Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait, responded to this review, 11 December 2012
Dear Dan,
Thank you for your revue, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Your very positive comments are very valuable to us and a source of motivation, I will make sure we will share it among the team.
We look forward to welcoming you soon at Hotel Missoni Kuwait again in the future.
Best regards.