“Missoni”

Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait
Ranked #2 of 70 Hotels in Kuwait City
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Colourful, but a bit disjointed, this hotel feels a little like it's under construction.

PROS
Good breakfast.
Nice room.
Excellent gym and pool - easily the nicest gym I've been in.

CONS
No restaurant - it's under construction.
Not great area.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Alfio B, General Manager at Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Laura H,
Thank you for your review.
We are glad to learn you enjoyed our Breakfast on the 18th floor overlooking the Gulf.
We also appreciate you also rating our Gym and Pool as an excellent one.
The refurbishment phase of our Italian restaurant Cucina, now also offering new layout with Sea view, has been completed and re opend o October 8th
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit
Kind Regards

Reviewed 19 September 2013

The hotel has gone for a fresh, quirky style. Staff are very friendly and service is pretty good. The views of Kuwait City and the Gulf are fantastic..... no idea why they would even bother with blinds or curtains from the 12th floor up.

Any niggles I have are my own personal weirdness and not worth sharing - you will enjoy this hotel, you may even make it your favorite Kuwait hotel, but one thing is certain, it is unique in its styling and would fit nicely in L.A. or Miami

Room Tip: The views are better the higher you go!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Alfio B, General Manager at Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear KevinQuinn,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Missoni Kuwait.
We are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed our Hotel and its own style.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.
Kind regards

Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Outstanding hotel, modern contemporary style and amazing service. Beautiful views of the gulf from the room, comfy bed and very nice pool area. The luna restaurant is very good, both for dinner and breakfast and the service provided by by staff and waiters is excellent. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank MarKava
Alfio B, General Manager at Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Markawa,
we would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us.
We are most grateful for your kind comments and appreciation about our hotel and the service.
This is always encouraging and a it is also the best reward to the team and their efforts as we constantly strive to improve ourselves.
We look forward to welcoming you in Kuwait soon!
Kind regards

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Nice decoration and view .. My 3 & 6 years old girls loves the room colors and they were so happy .. The mini bar and the internet was free ..There is Nespresso coffee machine in the room .. Breakfast was great .. There is small swimming pool for kids.

Which I don’t like that the long time for check in due to slow hotel system .. There is no hose in the bathroom .. They don’t allow late check-out, maximum is 2PM.

In general, the hotel is recommended.

Room Tip: High floors
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Adel1133
Alfio B, General Manager at Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Adel1133,
Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your kind comments and we are glad you are recommending us. Also your remarks regarding check in and check out were noted. We look forward to welcoming you back again at Hotel Missoni Kuwait.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This stay was really special, the hotel was really clean and nice place to visit, I have visited this hotel with my wife and a 3 month daughter.

It's a very modern and clean hotel with very nice staff,

When i checked out of the hotel, I forgot my ipad which worth 3000 Dh .. around 800 $ .. The called me twice to inform me but I wasn't able to answer the call because I was traveling to my country, I only found out that I forgot my ipad after two days of arriving to my home, and called them and found out the house keeping found laptop and I arranged a transportation to my ipad with aramex which cost me only 38 $ ..

I'm so happy with this hotel, I will definitely stay here again next visit to kuwait.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Mohamed A,
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience while staying wit us.
We are glad to learn you enjoyed our Hotel and its facilities and the service provided.
We look forward to welcoming you soon on your next trip to Kuwait.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I had a short but enjoyable stay at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised by how comfortable it is, they’ve mostly resisted the temptation to put design before comfort. The room had free, quick wifi, large windows with a stunning view over the sea towards downtown Kuwait City, ample storage space and a nice bathroom with big sized toiletries. The bed was very comfortable. My main complaint about the room is the lighting. It was impossible to read in bed at night as the lamp was lower than the (high) bed and did not adjust so I had no light to read my book.

Location is nice, right on the cornice and ideal for a morning run away from traffic as the sun is rising – and great for views of sunset.

Breakfast was good, with a reasonable selection of food but it was badly laid out and not labelled, meaning I had to look inside every container to see what was there and then find the chef to ask what was vegetarian/not. Fruit juice was in opaque jugs and not all were labelled. Small things that could be so easily sorted.

The pool was in the shade every time I looked at it, morning or afternoon. Pity as it was large and it would have been nice to spend time there (but it wasn’t warm enough in the shade).

I was disappointed not to get the Maserati for my transfer from the airport but I requested it for the return journey and they duly obliged – even though they seemed to have forgotten that I’d booked a transfer at all and had to scramble around a bit to locate the car/driver.

Overall I liked this hotel more than others I’ve stayed at in Kuwait despite the fact it felt a bit like somebody’s attempt at ‘my first hotel’ with all the small things that could easily be improved eg I declined turndown service at 4.30pm so didn’t get it at all.

The staff were friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Alfio B, General Manager at Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear Kali737,
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable commens with us.
We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, at the same time we shall look into the details and suggestion and share it with the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back sok.

Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

I booked a room while i was attending a wedding in the hotel, the hotel has the best interior, spacious lobby, rooms are full of color and super chic! Staff are helpful, quick checkin/out and their breakfast buffet was outstanding! Thanks missoni made my stay more than Wonderful!

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Gigiwoz81,
Many thanks for staying with us.
We are glad to learn about your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you again at Hotel Missoni soon.
Best Regards