“Would Return, But....”

Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait
Ranked #2 of 72 Hotels in Kuwait City
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Having read many of the reviews of Hotel Missoni, I must say that I agree with many of them, pros and cons. I also find a few of the poor review comments unwarranted. There are many nice things about this hotel, but also some issues for a high end hotel.
PROS:
1. Design is outstanding. Unique, colorful, stylish and fun!
2. Location: on the Corniche with views of the Arabian Gulf from rooms and throughout hotel. Corniche is a great place to walk and run and to enjoy seeing families having picnics on weekend days this time of the year. Restaurants and Marina Mall can be walked to as well.
3. Friendly and helpful staff (front desk, valets, guest services - Silvana was very pleasant to chat with). Maserati (very cool) and Mercedes for airport transfers. Six Senses Spa and pool are terrific!
4. Free wifi in room and free mini-bar, as well as 3 pieces of free laundry per day are a BIG plus, especially for business travelers.
5. Breakfast included in room charge is great and the buffet breakfast is TERRIFIC with excellent options and beautiful view on the 18th floor. Wait staff friendly and helpful and very accommodating with "lattes" to go. Thank you Ahmad!
6. Cuccina Restaurant (Italian) excellent!
7. Beds VERY comfortable and pillows great!
8. Business office on 2nd floor with printer is easily accessible.
CONS:
1. No soundproofing between rooms (don't get next to a suite with family with kids!) Windows must not be double pane as motorcycle racing (crotch rockets!) and racing cars are loud well into the night.
2. Stylish but poor lighting. Can't read in bed as the side lamps are much lower than the bed. When there for two weeks, you want to read in bed.
3. Breakfast buffet rarely ready at 6AM when they "open". Can be 6:30 or a bit later before everything is out and labeled. Really bad for the business traveler who has to leave by 7AM for meetings on work days.
4. No concierge. No ATM. How can a hotel not offer an ATM?
5. Part of Radisson Hotel group but can't give your Rewards Number yet?
6. Housekeeping is sketchy. When they make up the room and provide turn down service, they do it very well. Towels and sheets not changed regularly (for me not an issue, as I prefer "green" service). Did not have my room made up 2X (once per week). Again, not an issue for me per se, but not expected of a hotel of this caliber.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely. The pros far outweigh the cons and I like the location. In another year or so, when more of the neighborhood has gone through the obvious remodel taking place, this is going to be an even better location.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Alfio B, General Manager at Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Jim and Pat B,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to give us valuable feedback .
As a long stay guest, we are glad to learn about your overall impressions and we appreciate you pointing out your positive experience especially with our staff and service.
Thank you also for mentioning the quality of our Italian restaurant Cucina, the breakfast selection, the Spa & Pool area and the many other perks we offer to our clients.
We shall however apologize for the breakfast and housekeeping not being up to our standards.
The above points have been addressed internally and proper actions for improvement were taken.
We are aware of some noise problems as well as the not user friendly bed lights.
These are both structural and design related issues, a plan to improve both points is under discussion and we are working to readdress both issues soon in the next future.
We agree that ATM machine will be useful, the procedure to obtain one is unfortunately taking more than expected, in the meantime our front office staff has been instructed to assist by providing cash advance to our client and charge it directly on the bill.
As far as our Club Carlson loyalty program is concerned, this is unfortunately not yet available for Hotel Missoni but we hope to be able to offer it soon.
Thank you again for your time, we are glad to know that you would like to stay here again in the future and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

A.Bernardini
General manager

Reviewed 5 November 2013

The hotel makes a bold impression at the entrance. It has a really special design. One cannot like it, while other can love it, it really depends on taste I guess. But it is indeed something special, and usually well thought trough in the details. The room is big, functional with a great sofa and an amazing view on the entire city. The bed was very comfortable. The personnel is really kind, speaks a very good English and always welcome you with a smile. The breakfast room is amazing, at the 18th floor with view over the city. The food was a bit of a disappointment, it looks quite poor for an hotel that wants to be so prestigious, with no enough selection. In the average a nice stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Alfio B, Manager at Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear. AlessadrO78,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
We are pleased to learn that you liked our unique design and concept.
Thank you also for mentioning your impressions about the staff and the service received.
We have also noted your comment on the food.
We take great pride on our outlets and food quality therefore it would be nice for us to know more about it so that we can follow up internally.
Shall you have time, we would appreciate to learn more in details, kindly drop us a note at Guestrelations.Kuwait@HotelMissoni.com

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My friend and I visited Kuwait for a weekend, staying two nights at the Missoni in a twin room. It was the most disappointing thing about the whole weekend. I have stayed in nicer three star places, and we were both surprised that Missoni would be happy putting its name to a facility of this standard.

The lobby is nice and has a real sense of Missoni style, but the rest of the hotel is looking a bit tired. There are not enough facilities for the number of rooms, so there was a queue at reception, a queue for breakfast etc. The rooms are nice enough, but a busy highway is close by. I assume the windows are not double glazed as we had loud road noise all night. Also, the walls are very thin and we could hear our neighbours talking and watching TV.

We were disappointed in the service at reception as well. After waiting in a queue for ages, every time we got to the front, the staff would be either dealing with us AND dealing with a phone call, or would let other people push in. We had the sense that there was always something more important than looking after us.

We ate in the international restaurant the first night. I asked for a rare fillet steak. When it was put down, it was introduced as medium rare. I said I had asked for rare and it was taken away. It came back moments later with the waitress saying that it was in fact rare. When I cut into it, it was medium rare. The chips tasted like they had been cooked in old oil. My friend had a lobster tail with saffron sauce, which had no taste at all. The meal cost us 37KD, for one course each, plus edamame and two fruit juices. We felt that at that price, the quality of food should have been much higher. The international restaurant was also where breakfast was served. Breakfast was very nice, with a good range of choice.

We each had a treatment at the six senses spa, which was lovely, and what we would expect of a five star facility.

Housekeeping did a very average job of setting our room straight. There was a used cotton bud in the wardrobe when we arrived, they left my pyjamas in a crumpled heap on the nightstand (I had left them under my pillow), they didn't replace the bathroom products. On the first weekend morning, at 9.10 am, they left us a note saying that they stopped by to clean our room but we had the do not disturb sign on and "if you would like me to return and continue my duties, please dial 0..." We thought the wording of the note rude, and the expectation that we should be out of our room by 9am on a weekend completely ridiculous. Worse still the requirement that if we wanted our room serviced after that time, we had to ask for it to happen - in a 5 star hotel, guests should not have to work around housekeeping's needs!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Alfio B, Manager at Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Rachach,

Thank you for your taking the time to share your comments with us.
Thank you also for mentioning your impressions about the breakfast and the treatment at 6 senses being up to expectations.
On the other hand we do regret to learn about the other issues that you have experienced while staying with us and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Our dedicated guest relation team is always eager to listen and make things tight, we regret we could not do so on this occasion.
Your detailed comments are a very important source of information for us, be assured that we will analyze them and make a very good use of it.
Thank you once again and we hope to have another opportunity to welcoming you again to Hotel Missoni Kuwait in the future.

Alfio Bernardini

Reviewed 31 October 2013

A completely refreshing experience!
A brilliant design, amazing views, very good food and excellent service.
Spa is a must try indeed!
The location is on the Gulf Road, it gets crowded at night and a bit noisy.
There is a shopping mall that is not yet complete, but plenty if shopping nearby.
Definitely my fabourite Hotel in Kuwait, reccomended.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank SAILMAX

Dear Sailmax,
We would like to thank you for your kind comments about Hotel Missoni.
We are happy you enjoyed your stay and thank you very much for recommending us.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Alfio Bernardini

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Positive
- Location near main city attraction near Gulf Road
- The room have live and lovely colour
- Very modern stylish room with great view to the sea
- Equipped with lovely sound system

Negative
- Unfriendly staff
- Poor Housekeeping
- Smell in the room
- small room

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Alfio B, General Manager at Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Mustantm

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Thank you for mentioning our location, the design of the rooms and the its features.
However We do regret to learn about the issues you have experienced during your stay with us.
Meeting and exceeding guest's expectation is our highest commitment, we are sorry we did not perform up to it on this occasion.

We shall look into the comments you have provided, share internally and investigate further in order to rectify any issue.

Thank you again and We do hope we will have another opportunity to welcoming you back to Hotel Missoni in the future.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Yesterday had a wonderful evening at the Hotel Missoni, Kuwait, at the fantastic BBQ buffet at the pool area, with amazing views, really friendly and professional staff, superb fresh food with a huge selection of dishes from around the globe with something around 7/8 life cooking stations, tasty and fresh dishes. I was really lucky as I managed to meet with the G.M, Mr. Alfio Bernardini and Exec Chef Mirko, although it was a busy evening for the hotel operation they have managed to help us and have explained in detail the buffet and other various offerings that the Hotel Missoni has to offer, like “La Cucina Restaurant” featuring fresh Italian cuisine at its best! I will definitely visit!!! I was very pleased as it was a very important evening for me and the management of the Hotel have definitely contributed to make it even special! Thanks to all and keep up the good work!!!!!

Room Tip: Professional staff with a very nice and pleasing attitude! They make you feel comfortable!