Having read many of the reviews of Hotel Missoni, I must say that I agree with many of them, pros and cons. I also find a few of the poor review comments unwarranted. There are many nice things about this hotel, but also some issues for a high end hotel.
1. Design is outstanding. Unique, colorful, stylish and fun!
2. Location: on the Corniche with views of the Arabian Gulf from rooms and throughout hotel. Corniche is a great place to walk and run and to enjoy seeing families having picnics on weekend days this time of the year. Restaurants and Marina Mall can be walked to as well.
3. Friendly and helpful staff (front desk, valets, guest services - Silvana was very pleasant to chat with). Maserati (very cool) and Mercedes for airport transfers. Six Senses Spa and pool are terrific!
4. Free wifi in room and free mini-bar, as well as 3 pieces of free laundry per day are a BIG plus, especially for business travelers.
5. Breakfast included in room charge is great and the buffet breakfast is TERRIFIC with excellent options and beautiful view on the 18th floor. Wait staff friendly and helpful and very accommodating with "lattes" to go. Thank you Ahmad!
6. Cuccina Restaurant (Italian) excellent!
7. Beds VERY comfortable and pillows great!
8. Business office on 2nd floor with printer is easily accessible.
1. No soundproofing between rooms (don't get next to a suite with family with kids!) Windows must not be double pane as motorcycle racing (crotch rockets!) and racing cars are loud well into the night.
2. Stylish but poor lighting. Can't read in bed as the side lamps are much lower than the bed. When there for two weeks, you want to read in bed.
3. Breakfast buffet rarely ready at 6AM when they "open". Can be 6:30 or a bit later before everything is out and labeled. Really bad for the business traveler who has to leave by 7AM for meetings on work days.
4. No concierge. No ATM. How can a hotel not offer an ATM?
5. Part of Radisson Hotel group but can't give your Rewards Number yet?
6. Housekeeping is sketchy. When they make up the room and provide turn down service, they do it very well. Towels and sheets not changed regularly (for me not an issue, as I prefer "green" service). Did not have my room made up 2X (once per week). Again, not an issue for me per se, but not expected of a hotel of this caliber.
Would I stay here again? Absolutely. The pros far outweigh the cons and I like the location. In another year or so, when more of the neighborhood has gone through the obvious remodel taking place, this is going to be an even better location.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait Kuwait City