“Good hotel”
Review of Ibis Sharq Kuwait

Ibis Sharq Kuwait
Ranked #11 of 70 Hotels in Kuwait City
Reviewed 26 May 2013

The hotel is not fancy, but the small room was clean , the bed was comfortable and the staff were very helpful with a wake up call, taxis and bringing me water, (after I had pumped my money into the machine that was out of order). I didnt have breakfast, so I cant comment on that, but I can recommend the hotel for a stay of a few nights, if you're on a business trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
ibissalmiya1, Manager at Ibis Sharq Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comment posted on Tripadvisor website.

It is very appreciated.

Be assured that your constructive and positive feedback is a source of improvement for our service.

We are all looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

standardization of Ibis makes it very boring, there is no personalization or different taste for different Ibis in different cities, its becoming like McDonald.

And the service is getting lousier and lousier, I found a small bottle of water in my room,when finished, I called and asked for a large bottle, they said sure, and then nothing.
After 15 minutes, I called again and asked for the water again, they said they will send it but I must pay in cash. I shouted why should I pay in cash if they already blocked the value of my entire stay plus an extra night from my credit card???
And the amazing thing, is that it is not cheap, I paid USD 145 per night ??

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

If you feel that you have been left down by our service, I would like to apologize by all mean for any inconvience caused.

At ibis, it is our goal to apply the same quality procedures, ensuring ongoing improvement and consistent service.

In this regard, I am pleased to inform you that we have been certified ISO 9001 and 14001 after a successful audit conducted on 14th of May 2013.

We all are looking forward to welcome you again in near future.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

The Ibis Kuwait was a perfectly fine business hotel in Kuwait. Otherwise an expensive city, I found the Ibis to be affordable, compfortable, compact, and clean. The wifi was fast enough for work, but not for a good skype call unless it was very late at night. I didn't take advantage of any amenities (food or gym) but the free waster in the room was lovely.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
ibissalmiya1, Manager at Ibis Sharq Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment posted on Tripadvisor website.

It is truly appreciated.

With regard to internet access, I am pleased to inform you that we are currently upgrading our capacity from 8 to 12 MB and it will be effective the 1st of June 2013.

I hope this will provide you with greater internet connectivity.

Looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

I stay here regularly on my trips to Kuwait. The room size is somewhat small. Occasionally there have been minor problems with the room - maintenance issues. Though the staff is very friendly and helpful. Good value for money and good location.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ibissalmiya1, Manager at Ibis Sharq Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comment posted on Tripadvisor website.

It is truly appreciated.

We all look very much forward to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I stayed in this hotel for more than 2 months on a business trip.Rooms are small but clean, Gym area is also very small with only few equipments.Staff is friendly.Breakfast is good, wifi slow but ok to check your mails.Overall good.

Room Tip: Higher floors recommended for city view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
ibissalmiya1, Manager at Ibis Sharq Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive and constructive comment posted on Tripadvisor website.

It is truly appreciated.

Looking forward to welcome you again in near future.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

it was a very small hotel but convenient and comfortable for short stays .. it's located next to the luxurious hamraa mall in Sharq .. we really like the hotel it was clean and simple, of course for that range of price you wouldnt expect much .. we did suffer with how tiny the room was it was kind of funny to us and an experience we werent bother as much as surprised that a room can be this small ! what bothered actually was the lack of parking spaces we always suffered and we would drive around several times till we find a space, the rooms didnt have sound proof we heard our neighbors talk and felt lil awkward so we kept our silence lol! ..
i would recommend it for anyone whos there for few days and only want a hotel to sleep nothing more ..

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive and constructive comment posted on Tripadvisor website.

It is very appreciated.

We all look forward to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night.
Typical Ibis hotel...
Rooms are clean even though very small. Breakfast is ok, wifi ok, staff very friendly.

Even though it was nothing special, I have stayed in much worse hotels in Kuwait, so I appreciated this one

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
ibissalmiya1, Manager at Ibis Sharq Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment posted on Tripadvisor website.

It is truly appreciated.

We all look forward to welcome you again in near future.