Having lived in Kuwait for some years, I have eaten at most of the other hotels in the country and know that while they may be five star, the service often leaves a lot to be desired and overall, hotels are very expensive for what you get. This is because Kuwait is not on the list of great holiday destinations and holiday makers mostly come from Saudi Arabia or from within Kuwait itself where stateless Bedouins, overseas workers and Kuwaitis go for a weekend. The Ibis hotel is relatively new and is exactly like all the other Ibis hotels I have stayed in, right down to the brown and red stripish Austin Powers carpet! Rooms are standard small. But the bed is comfy, although it tends to move a bit on the platform, and the water is hot. There is tea making facilities in the room, and the blackout curtains go all the way across the window. Pay TV is supplied and there is a full length mirror and safe in the room. Air con can be adjusted. The hotel is ideally located behind the 90 floor Al Hamra mall and office block and close to Kuwait business and financial district. It is a short taxi ride or good half hour walk slowly to Souq Shark - which is a nice little shopping centre on the water. The restaurant is fine, although nothing to write home about- good solid menu and breakfast is fine. Waitress Evelyn is very good in the restaurant and knowledgeable about the menu. Free wifi which works in the room is good. Rooms are clean and the reception staff, are very good. As it was a quite time for visiting Kuwait, I was allowed to enter my room early - very good after a 14 hour flight. I really appreciated this. Taxi fare from the airport is now 8kd and unless you have friends picking you up you have to use the airport taxi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located down town, in the business district of Sharq, near banks and government offices. Walking distance from Souk Sharq and Kuwait Towers. Next to the Hamra Mall and business Tower. Free WiFi, Free Coffee & Tea making facilities and Mini-fridge in every room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Sharq Kuwait reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Sharq Kuwait Hotel Kuwait City
- Ibis Sharq Kuwait Kuwait City