“1st Class Service”

Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 70 Hotels in Kuwait City
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We travel to Kuwait twice a year for 10 days to visit my husband's family. We usually stay at Movenpick, but decided to try Jumeirah. We are a party of 7, and and initially stayed on the 1st floor in one of the deluxe rooms. This room was great for the most part, however, the corner wall entering the master bedroom already has structural damage, and the walls were discolored and dirty in some areas. We did not have much of a view, so we requested an upgrade. This was on the 3rd floor, room 3209. We were extremely pleased with this room, as the rooms are large and spacious and extremely comfortable. Cleaning staff did an excellent job, and valet and general wait staff were extremely polite and attentive to our needs. There are many restaurants in this hotel to choose from and they have an excellent buffet. The outside area has many cafe's, and the pool and kid water park area is very clean and well maintained. As you walk onto the beach area, everything is well manicured and the view are spectacular. This is my new hotel of choice going forward for each visit we take.

Room Tip: I would not recommend the 1st floor, as the hotel staff have private offices here, the side we were...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel R
MarkGriffiths, General Manager at Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your excellent comments regarding your recent stay with our hotel. I was very pleased to read that your recent stay at Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel was a comfortable one. I have shared your comments regarding attentiveness of the staff with the entire team. My team works really hard at delivering the high level of guest service that Jumeirah is renowned for, and it is always rewarding to know when our efforts have been successful.
I have spoken to the concerned team regarding the challenge you faced and they are working on rectifying the issue so as to not inconvenience any guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel and Spa the next time that you are visiting family in Kuwait. We have just recently opened an Italian restaurant Olio at the beach area with beautiful sea views and we believe you will enjoy it within your coming visit.
Once again thank you for your positive comments and for taking the time to post them on Trip Advisor. They really mean a lot and we hope to meet your expectations every time you stay with us.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Room rate was very expensive maybe because of EID Season. There are so many security staffs everywhere and every time you are stopped by them to be questioned about your room number before entering and exiting the hotel, using elevator, visiting the pool, while walking in the corridors, the thing which makes it really annoying and feel no privacy. It makes you feel that you are a violator but not a valuable hotel guest. Security is always good and a must but it should be performed correctly and professionally.
Waiters in the lobby are confused and don't know the procedures of taking order and charging it to the room. My wife was asked to pay only in cash while she had gathering with some of her visitors and the waiter refused to charge the bill to the room claiming it was not allowed but only by cash !!

Stayed: October 2013
MarkGriffiths, General Manager at Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review about our hotel on Tripadvisor. We value all our guests and were distressed to learn that your stay with Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel and Spa made you feel anything less than valuable. Please let me assure you, that is not case and we look forward to welcoming all our guests.
We would like to extend our apologies for the inconvenience you encountered with our security service. We are concerned that our high standards in this area were not reflected during your stay. Our intentions are to maintain a secure environment for all our guests whilst ensuring a comfortable stay.
We are concerned about the confusion you encountered while being billed in Lobby Lounge and we are actively looking into the case to resolve it. Your comments have been forwarded to the respective management teams so that the standard of their service can be raised. Thank you so much for letting us know and bringing it to our notice.
It is certainly not the intention of Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel to inconvenience its guests, and we hope you will accept our apologies. I believe, we will have another opportunity to welcome you to Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel and let you feel the hospitality Jumeirah is renowned for.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 30 September 2013

The hotel is only three months old. Great friendly helpful staff. Rooms very good quality. Pools etc fantastic. 7 different restaurants (highly recommend Peppers). Great kids club to free parents up from the children. Short distance to central Kuwait by taxi (roughly 5 Kuwait Dinar). In short, when in Kuwait stay here!!!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
MarkGriffiths, General Manager at Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for beautiful comment about Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel and Spa and sharing this on Tripadvisor.

I am very happy to hear you were delighted with the hotel facilities, the amazing kids club and our ambient restaurants. Thank you very much for recommending our restaurant Pepper.

I have shared your comment with the entire team and we all at Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel and Spa are happy that your stay with us was enjoyable, and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I spent a week there. The hotel is always busy, crowded, noisy and no place to relax. Even on the beach, gulfies are all over the place sneaking around and you get no privacy. Although they have a pool for children, security cannot do anything about having them in the adults pool. Women swim in the pool wearing their full clothes, which I don't quite understand. Always loud and always hosting weddings or meetings or some kind of a ceremony. The valley parking takes forever to get my car that I have to call 15 min before going out of my room to get the car ready, which never happens so again I have to wait. Children are left unattended so they run in the corridors and make noise, with no comments from the management. The breakfast buffet is very nice but there aren't always tables available, so it is useless. The room was good (5108) but the service was as good. It takes forever to get the food to the room. The staff made me feel like I'm talking Greek. They don't understand my requests if it's about adding or removing something from the meal. I need to call to clean the room. They don't follow up on the room service. A fight occurred there because some guys flirted with a girl and her BF saw them. Some crap! The management was very passive about it, trying not to blame any body although it was obvious who were the intruders and how to deal with them. Never firm. It was the worst stay. Disgusting.

Room Tip: Don't go there.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sara A
MarkGriffiths, General Manager at Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments posted on the Tripadvisor. We are sorry we did not have the opportunity to discuss these during your stay.

Our Business Excellence Manager already tried to contact you, and you may find a message from Michael.nilsen@jumeirah.com in your mailbox. Kindly please advise us, what is the most convenient way to contact you and discuss the details of your stay. Having more information is important for us and we believe we can restore your confidence in Jumeirah within your next visit.

Once again thank you very much for taking your time to post the comments on Tripadvisor. We look forward welcoming you back in Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel and Spa.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

My husband and I stayed there last night in a king suite #2125 , I received a gift voucher to stay there for my birthday by a family member/friend.

The queue for valet parking was long, then the moment we stepped in to the lobby we were shocked of the amount of smokers every where, in the lobby, people walking around, in cafe's and restaurants.we are both allergic to smoke and hated that about the hotel, but the hotel it self is new with great decor and art work, with many activities, swimming pools, beach access, again smoking allowed everywhere.

Check in was fairly easy, friendly staff and good service, the rooms we spacious but not spotless, we found hair in the bathroom, multiple yucky brown stains on one of the dining chairs, an other stain of sticky object down the curtains, the bed skirt was also dirty with few stains, but the bed it self is comfortable although we have bad backs but we were able to sleep well.

We had a lovely dinner in one of their restaurant called "Pepper" it specialises in stakes mainly, unfortunately at the end of our excellent dinner somebody at the back led up a cigarette and we asked for the check.

Check out was slow, as they only had one receptionist at checkout time (12:00 PM) and many guest needed to check out which was weird. then there was an other long line to get our car back by the valet too, I wouldn't go back there for sure.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
MarkGriffiths, General Manager at Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review about our hotel on Tripadvisor. We were disappointed, however, to learn that your stay with Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel and Spa was not completely satisfactory and left much to be desired.

In your review you expressed your discomfort with cigarette smoke and the permission to smoke anywhere in the hotel. We do not find it necessary to have an area for smokers in the beach area as it is open-air place. We do have designated and separated areas for smokers only in all our outlets as well as non-smoking lobby. Due to open areas in the hotel I understand, some of the smoke can spread around and if you are sensitive to smoke, you may not feel comfortable. However if you give us a chance to serve you again, we will make sure that you are provided a room in an area which will certainly be free of cigarette smoke.
With regards to your comments on room cleanliness, efficiency of check-out services and valet services, the respective teams in the hotel have been requested for immediate action. You can definitely expect improved services on your next visit to the hotel.

Again thank you for your valuable comments. We depend on our guests to let us know when there is a lapse in the first class service we strive to maintain. We hope that you will choose Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel and give us an opportunity to restore your opinion of our service and facilities.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I was in Kuwait on a business trip. The hotel is nice. You can see they spent large sums on the "look." The problem is the functionality. As a start, I stayed on the fourth floor. The amenities in the room are nice BUT, the row of rooms --4326 thru 4342-- has no real windows that bring daylight. They emitatetd the windows and placed lights behind these make-belief windows! Smart move yet terrible feeling and very dim lighting. So, make sure not to stay in these rooms. To be fair, i mentioned this to the front desk manager and he offerd to change my room. The bathroom is nice yet the shower door is not water tight so you end up with a real mess after the shower! Also, the first day I used some of the shampoo and such. You would expect that they replenish these with new ones. They did not. I wonder is this a savings policy? Hotel staff are really nice. One thing I did not like much is the visible security staff next to the lift carrying what I thought is a list of hotel guest. It is reassuring to have such visibile security yet it also suggests they have unwanted people who pretend to be guests.

Room Tip: Do NOT accept any room in the row of 4326-4342 (or similar locations on different cloors) for lack o...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ahmad A

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay at the Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel and Spa. We were certainly pleased to read that, for the most part, your recent stay at Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel was a pleasant one. We apologize that your bathroom amenities were not replaced this was an oversight on our part which should not have happened. Thank you for letting us know about the shower door we will have it repaired. We were delighted that you found our staff to be friendly and have shared your comments with them. Our security presence is to secure privacy for our guests and to ensure only registered guests have access to our rooms.

Once again, thank you very much for taking your time to mention us on a Tripadvisor, we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I travel to Kuwait often and decided as Sirius card member to try the new Jumeirah Messilah Hotel and Spa. I had three nights here and your first impression of the hotel is excellent, clearly the owners have spared no expense when it comes to the fittings and furnishings, they truly are first rate. In fact I would go as far as to say that this is the most luxurious hotel in Kuwait, which I am sure was what they were aiming for.

I was fortunate to have an executive room which meant I had a VIP check in and an extended check out time and of course access to the lounge. All of which was very nice.

I used the gym which carries equipment to satisfy even the most hard core of us weight shifters. I did not use the spa but I did get a tour. It was very disappointing to note that guests have no access to the spa (sauna, steam rooms etc) unless you are having a treatment or pay a KWD12 fee (half price for guests). This certainly is not clear when booking and especially annoying when you note that the gym only has showers and no steam room and no where to sit when you get changed. This is, in my opinion, a major set back and would make me reconsider my hotel choice on the next trip.

I am now going to be critical but please note the hotel is in the "soft opening stage" and no one gets it right first time. My critic will be based on many years of staying at other Jumeirah hotels and the standard etc I expect.

My room was spacious and clean and but when cleaned was done without an eye for attention to detail. The bathroom shower gel etc is from the Plantation company and although OK was not the Molten Brown I was expecting or hoping for. Every morning of my stay I found an Arab news paper hanging outside my door, which I usually enjoy but most hotels recognise an English speaking guest and put that version in rather than the local one, which they did each day. A little KYC goes a long way. The rooms mini bar was well stocked but the soft drinks were chargeable which is not usually the case when you have executive lounge access and was a little annoying. This said there was no opener for the bottles anyway so I couldn't of opened it even if I was willing to pay £3+ for a small sprite.

There was no folder with info about the hotel etc and handy local info, one can only home that this is on order for the formal opening due next month. The bath was a jacuzzi type which would have been great if I could have got more than Luke warm water. I tried a couple of times in case it was the time of the time which was an issue. No such luck. I should add that this was not the case with the shower which was huge and excellent.

I eat breakfast only once which was quite nice although I did ask the chef covering the omelette area if I could have two fried eggs, once I could see he did not understand I tried and American approach and asked for eggs over easy. At first he seemed to understand but later when I was given a plain omelette I just gave up.

I eat twice in the Garden Cafe for lunch and this was excellent, especially as it was a buffet. Lots to choose from.

The area outside and the pool etc are lovely and the life guards look on diligently. I would say the looks over safety have prevailed as the area around the pool which is marble gets extremely hot and slippery. Be warned.

I like to finish on a positive and that is the heart of any hotel and this is the staff. They are attentive, well trained and a credit to the management. It is this that will keep people coming back. The smaller details which need to be though about can be resolved.

Will I return, perhaps? I will have to see what the value is like and see if any changes have been made.

Room Tip: There is no such thing as a bad room at a Jumeirah Hotel but I would say that paying extra to get th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
MarkGriffiths, General Manager at Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed comment about Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel and Spa and sharing this on Tripadvisor.

I am very happy to hear you were delighted with the hotel facilities, equipment and design and that you have overall enjoyed your stay with us. Our prime focus is to provide efficient, warm and friendly service to all our guests and you mention about these services is very encouraging for the entire team.

I appreciate your comments on the Spa. We are currently considering changes in the access procedure for our in house guests. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience with the missing bottle opener in the room as well as the lukewarm water in your Jacuzzi as well for the little misunderstanding with the egg preparation as well as with the newspapers. Thank you for bringing all these details in my attention. I have passed all your comments with the management team to make immediate corrective action to make sure your next stay with us is perfect.

Once again, thank you very much for taking your time and post your review on Tripadvisor. I am looking forward to welcome you back at the Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel and Spa on your next return to Kuwait.

Yours sincerely