“Wonderful Staff with a Great Attitude! See you guys in a couple of months!”

JW Marriott Hotel Kuwait City
Ranked #14 of 72 Hotels in Kuwait City
Reviewed 28 July 2011

What set the tone for this visit was "Saleem" the driver that picked me up from the airport. An outstanding driver with such a positive mental attitude that it rubs off on you (I actually requested him for my return trip to the airport the next day). Upon arrival to the hotel, I was greeted by more friendly staff with smiles on there faces that opened the car door for me and loaded my luggage to the luggage rack (I'm aware this is what they are suppose to do, however it was done in such an enthusiastic way...more good vibes!) And then the beautiful ladies with their genuine smiles and attitudes were very courtious and professional. Breakfast was top notch! Chef thank you for the wonderful omlet! Thanks Wendy for the tip on the Thai Restaurant across the street & the sale at the Avenue Mall! I'll see you guys hopefully in a couple of months, thanks Khareem and Salamat Wendy and Shirley (simple, exquisite beauty).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 July 2011

Breakfast buffet was excellent and front desk service attentive. Attended conference that was attached to the hotel. However, must exit hotel and go outside to then enter conference facilities. Hotel has personal car pickup at the airport and a counter at the airport at baggage claim. Hotel is also attached to shopping mall.
As I indicate in the title, this is best place to stay. Pool is on roof but did not have an opportunity to use it. Business center has hard wired Internet and room had wifi.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank FireflySanFrancisco
Reviewed 7 June 2011

My stay at this hotel was a pleasant one. The staff are warm, welcoming, helpful and friendly. Their service is excellent. They take a lot of effort to make sure that the customer is happy, content and comfortable. The room was good and it contained all the necessary amenities. There is a provision for free wireless internet access too. The beds were clean and comfortable. There is gym and free wifi at the hotel premises. The breakfast buffet provided a great variety to choose from. You can have any kind of juice too. The JW Marriott Hotel definitely offers enough for the price paid.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Linking_saran
Reviewed 28 May 2011

I had to visit Kuwait twice in less than a period of six months. But as my last stay with Marriott hotel was delightful, I did not think anything before choosing JW Marriott yet another time. Staff are gems for this hotel, very friendly and helpful by nature always kept a smile on lips. Room was averagely sized though I did not require any bigger either. In house facilities were worth the money spent. No need to think much about choosing this hotel, if you stay your experiences would not be bad in any aspect.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Parkdesoun
Reviewed 22 May 2011

let's get sth straight: this hotel is better than the sheraton towers, but overall not better than the courtyard marriott. i stayed at all 3 this past month. the jw's rooms are very nice, could be cleaner though as housekeeping rather lazy, i had to chase him up a few times. also little touches like two blown lightbulbs, leaving used shampoo from the previous occupants, not having a printer that was compatible with win 7 even on the execuative floor, and taking our face cloths and not bringing new ones, all added to the lack of a 5 star experience. the facilities too were disappointing, the pool indoor was too small, arab men constantly used it, so as a woman it was near impossible to get any time. the women's change room had a good steam room, though incredibly small, and the room lacked towels which you always had to chase up from staff, unlike the sheraton and courtyard which offered towels readily. we stayed executive and as such used the lounge, it was very good. no complaints there. it was however only these common areas that had wifi, only wired in the room, unlike the courtyrad and sheraton again. the jw's bathroom was excellent, as were the flat screen tvs. however, again it lacked in that no rooms have tea and coffee making, you have to pay extra to have a station brought to your room 5 KDs. and the kettle is an ancient one, plastic and stained, not a good look. also the breakfast buffet was disappointing from a 5 star point of view. very very limited breakfast options esp. meats. no beef bacon, and often the night before's leftovers, i.e., mushrrom steak, tuna patties etc. really not good for brekky. too the egg station man cannot cook a good fried egg. really the hotels in the mid-east need some egg cooking practice. i found this problem everywhere. at breakfast however the jw did have a juice maker (though you had to make it yourself, never saw that before at 5 star level), nonetheless this allowed us to have carrot juice which we love and is so hard to find in its pure form. no other 5 star hotel had fresh vege juice in the mid east that we found. so a real plus for the jw there. all other aspects of the hotel were superb, the lobby, the staff, bar housekeeping, etc. a really good stay, but again for oppulence without too much pomp, quality with too high a price, it really is hard to go past the courtyard marriott. hence why i will be back there in 2 days time.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank scb222
Reviewed 3 April 2011

I just finished a 4 night stay at the JW Marriot Kuwait City and I really enjoyed my time there. I found the staff to be very personable and friendly and helpful. By the end of my staff--possibly due to an unforeseen extra night after my flight back to the US was cancelled--I felt like everyone knew my name. In a good way.

First things first--they pick you up at the airport and bring you back. The market price on this is 5 KD, or about $20 USD. I don't remember what sort of car it was from the airport, but on the way back, it was a Mercedes on the 1st attempt and a very high-end Chrysler on the 2nd attempt. (Kuwaitis love American cars.)

The room itself is a bit dated in design. And my room did overlook the graveyard, which was a bit depressing. BUT the black-out curtains were AWESOME and the room was very quiet. I am an analyzer of sheets and these were very very good sheets. Slippers, robe were provided, along with complimentary bottled water and you could always ask for more. (I think you get 3 bottles each day that they restock in the evening.)

One thing no one has mentioned is that there is a DVD collection in the hotel so if you want to rent a movie, you can. Also, in my room, there was an AV hookup that would have let me connect my laptop to the flatscreen to play movies from my computer to the TV. I have never seen this before in a hotel and thought it was a nice touch.

It is a bit of a bummer that it's wired Internet access in the hotel rooms, but it is FREE and there's free wifi in the public areas, including the gym.

When I was there, the gym was undergoing refurbishing, but the temp gym had 2 or 3 treadmills, some ellipticals, a rowing machine, and an exercise bike.

The hotel is attached to the Saliah mall which is VERY nice and very high-end. There's a Starbucks here, which is handy.

I arranged drivers with the hotel every day, who took me around for 5 KD an hour. Sayeed was my favorite. His English wasn't the best, but he was pretty funny. Basha was nice too.

On this note--one thing that impressed me most of all--all the staff I met had been with the hotel for over 20 years. I think that says something, don't you? Since before the war. A big deal, that.

Breakfast...I found the buffet extensive and the omelet guy was GREAT. He totally knew that I wanted a cheese omelet every morning. So sweet. There's also a juicer in the corner and they will make you any sort of juice you want. A VERY nice touch.

Ah, and one afternoon, I was sitting in the lobby using the wifi and they came around with dates and coffee. Complimentary. VERY nice.

I had lunch at Kei, the Japanese restaurant, and I thought it was EXCELLENT. Pricey, but excellent. I had one of the bento boxes. You seriously would not have known you were in Kuwait.

Lastly, a huge shout out to my main man Krishna at the front desk. When he found out my flight had been cancelled, he gave me lounge access. He totally didn't have to do this. But I thought it was an excellent service step, and that's why I give the JW Marriott in KC 5 stars. Lovely lovely staff and people.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Krista N
Reviewed 31 March 2011

A beautiful hotel and excellent location, close to downtown , Rooms are large was an amazing experience

Room Tip: City View