“Best Staff in Kuwait”

Ranked #14 of 69 Hotels in Kuwait City
Manhasset, New York
“Best Staff in Kuwait”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

While the JW Marriott Kuwait has a tired look about it, it is far from the reality. The staff at this hotel is superb. The executive lounge staff was the best I have seen in a while. Helpful, courteous and always available, but never obtrusive. The rooms are very clean and appointed OK. They are not the sleek new room setting's for new JW's but the staff smiles and helpfulness make that a non-issue. The location for me was perfect. Availability of drivers or taxis was never a concern.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed there about a year ago and once again last week . Can't spot a thing . This is by far one of the best hotels I stayed in .

Great location , very friendly,smiling,helpful & professional staff ( Suresh at the restaurant , Kolon at the Gym and all other staff members thank you for making my stay joyful ) .

Very good food , atmosphere , Spa and very nice clean tidy rooms .

Great for both business and leisure .

will defiantly be my choice when i get back to Kuwait City.

Room Tip: High Floor in the front to have a view of the gulf area .
DUBAI
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed here for some important business meeting, the restaurants and hotel lobby is great . The view from my room wasn't so great , it was business district of Kuwait the hotel is located. The location and as conference and meeting venue, JW Marriot is good facility.

Room Tip: I think I had wrong choice of room, facing the burial ground of a church , wasn't so great
Buford, Georgia
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is everything I expect from a JW. My wife and I are here are on vacation so I can't tell you if the location is great or not but it's right in the downtown business area. Every where we have walked is surrounded by banks and business buildings.

Every single hotel staff is friendly and always greeting with a smile ... every time. I can count on one hand the hotels I've been at around the world where I can say the staff have been as friendly and attentive!!!

The food we have had so far is fantastic. The hotel is spotless overall and the room is impeccable and cleaned and checked a few times a day (plain hotels don't necessarily do this but every JW we've been at are like this).

The folks working in the Executive Lounge are amazing and attentive. They have taken care of every little wish and wait on all the guests like you would expect at a fine restaurant ... they won't even let you make or carry your own coffee!!! I don't need this level of service and am kind of embarrassed by the treatment but it is nice to be spoiled and pampered.

Other folks have called out some names and I would too but there are too many and I don't want to miss someone!!

If you want to be pampered, I think you couldn't go wrong choosing the JW for your next stay in Kuwait City.

• Stayed April 2014
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed here on business. Good location. V friendly and helpful staff. Room was large and well maintained. Breakfast buffet was excellent and staff there also very friendly. Meeting rooms were good and would go here again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Old,tired. Room finishes need updating, appliances not in good working order. Much of the gym equipment alson did not work.

Convenient locale but underwhelming for a business traveler. During 1 week in the middle east, this was far and away my least good hotel stay

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
KuwaitManagement, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Kuwait City, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Aa11bb,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at our downtown JW Marriott Hotel Kuwait City.

I was disappointed to hear of your issues with certain room appliances and gym equipment not being in working order during your stay. I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience caused. Rest assured, this has been communicated with the concerned departments to avoid any shortfalls during your next stay.

Nevertheless, I was happy to note that you had selected our conveniently located downtown Hotel as your preferred destination for a week, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the JW Marriott Hotel Kuwait City in the near future.

Yours faithfully,
George Aoun
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

A truly fantastic hotel. They arranged my visa, met me at the airport and upon arriving at the hotel went straight to the executive lounge for check in (and welcome drink) - the staff there are excellent - a credit to the chain. The room was spacious, good bathroom and superb shower. A good range of complementary toiletries were available. Lovely, comfy bed. The food was great and several restaurants to select from. Great wifi connection. Only a few negatives - firstly the pillows are on the small side. Next the tv picture kept freezing regularly, although they did have a vast range of channels. Lastly, not very happy with the room service guys. They seem to rush the job, kept forgetting to replace items and I was not offered a turndown service once during the week I stayed there. All in all it was a great stay. I don't think I'll stay anywhere else on Kuwait. Thanks for the service!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Ratagiyadub,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valued comments with us. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay to our luxurious JW Marriott Hotel Kuwait City.

It was great to know that you had a chance to try one of our restaurants and that you appreciated our room and bathroom facilities. Thank you for bringing the points about the turndown service, pillows and the TV to my attention. Rest assured that this is being taken care of through our Housekeeping Manager to avoid this in the future.

Once again, we thank you for your valued feedback and we look forward welcoming you once again to our hotel.

Yours faithfully,