“Comfortable boutique hotel”

Ranked #19 of 69 Hotels in Kuwait City
Ridgecrest, California
“Comfortable boutique hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2010

I checked into the hotel and they didn't have my reservation from hotels.com that I booked on the same day. They immediately fixed the problem and offered me an orange juice drink. I entered my room and it was very nice. It had an LCD tv with views of the beach and lots of buildings. The bed was very comfortable along with the furnishings. I probably asked a million questions to the reception, but they answered them as honestly as possible and provided a driver to take me to the Avenues mall downtown. It was an Audi A6 and it cost 5 dinar one way. The driver stated that he could give me a tour of Kuwait for 6 hours at 30 dinar. I declined and went to eat at the mall, go bowling, and catch a movie.

After the movie, I caught a cab back to the hotel. The turn down service consisted of a plate of fruit, which I didn't expect. I decided to roam around the hotel after returning from the mall. The area surrounding the hotel was kind of sketchy at first, due to so many different nationalities in open air markets. I went to the mall behind the hotel and it was ok, but didn't purchase anything. Across the street they have another market which I bought some knockoff purses, wallets, watches, etc. I also asked the merchant where to eat and he guided me to the second floor to a Chinese restaurant that was so delicious. It was really good deal and I actually ordered too much food that I couldn't finish it all. I brought it back to the room and put it in the fridge, but realized I didn't have a microwave and had to throw my leftovers out.

The only downside to my experience was a party going on either a floor below or above mine. I am not sure what was going on, but eventually I went to sleep and everything was fine. I worked out in the morning in their small gym. I wish they had free weights, but they had machines and a treadmill which was adequate. I asked for a late checkout since my flight was at midnight and they offered to let me stay in the room until 4 PM. I used the free wi-fi (free wifi in the rooms as well and it is fast) in the lobby during my time in between transport. I ate dinner at the restaurant on the second floor, which was good for steak with lots of sides, but pricey $50. I actually asked the reception of a good place to eat in the area, but he could only recommend the restaurant upstairs, completely understandable. I coordinated with the front desk for airport transfer in their company car a Chrysler 300, which was very comfortable. Overall a good experience, very attentive staff, and good place to stay.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Arabic first
cbellman1830
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2010

My wife and I went to Kuwait City for a one night getaway and chose to stay at Le Meridien Kuwait Tower based on reviews we had seen online. All in all, the hotel was quite nice. It had a charming decor and theme, the staff were friendly and certainly tried hard to be as helpful as possible. The location of the hotel is a little inconvenient as you have to navigate your way through a very busy bus terminal to reach it, but I wouldn't let that deter me from returning.

The room was spotless and modern. The bathroom facillities were more than adequate and also very very clean. The included breakfast was O.K., but left something to be desired I would say.

Overall, I would certainly recomment this as a fantastic place to stay for business or pleasure if you ever find yourself in Kuwait City.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cbellman1830
Muharraq
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2010

Stayed for just one night on a business trip. Good hotel, reasonable rates, excellent staff, etc, etc. I really have no complaints.
I had told the hotel I would be arriving very late (past midnight) restaurant was closed already but the full menu was available by room service.
Room was a King double, very clean & comfortable, bathroom & shower were spotless also. Hotel also provided a car to & from the airport.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2010

Stayed here two nights in December, and enjoyed it immensely. The rooms are very comfortable and clean, with a convenient location (near a bus terminal and within walking distance of most of central Kuwait.) Lots of good restaurants in the area, too (including within the hotel.)

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2010

Loved this hotel! Located downtown in the business district. Hotel sent a free luxurious car with a nice driver to pick us up and take us to the airport and greeted us with glasses of freshly squeezed orange juice. Spotless room, terrific view, wonderful staff. Going up to the room in the elevator was like being in a glass box, wonderful view of the city. Fun! Great TV in the room. All rooms have free internet access, just hook up your laptop using their cable. Not wireless. Breakfast was nice. Only negative thing to say is that the hotel did not pass along our messages. When our friends called, they were told that we checked out when in fact we were upstairs still sleeping . Lesson learned: always check with front desk for messages. Having said, this negative flaw will not keep us from staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Beirut, Lebanon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2009

I was on a 3 days business trip to Kuwait..The hotel is located in downtown Kuwait (I guess). It is close to many HQ of banks so it has a convenient location. The hotel provides free airport pick up and drop offs.
The staff are nice and very helpful. ..and the hotel is clean..
Rooms are spacious enough and clean..breakfast is nice...and the hotel serves nice diners too..
Freee Wi Fi available in the lobby...

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2009

Perhaps it's happens to be that way in every Kuwait hotel, but I was amazed by the quality of service and responsiveness of the staff. Actually, you can ask for almost everything - and they'll do their best to help you and deliver it to your room ;)

it is rather small, quite and very comfortable hotel. Nevertheless, they manage to find some space for very small (5*10 m) outdoor pool - you can take special elevator right from your floor and get there, no need to dress except for swimming suit.
The same goes for small fitness room with sauna, dressing rooms and showers.

High speed internet in rooms and throughout the hotel is free, you've got free newspaper and bottles of still water every day and they can also deliver free cup of tea or coffee with the wake-up call, if you want.

The last thing - don't count on sea view - there's nothing to look at, even from the highest floors.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business