“Sorry if you have to stay here”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kuwait City
Safir Airport Hotel
Ranked #51 of 69 Hotels in Kuwait City
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
“Sorry if you have to stay here”
Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

Would I stay at this hotel again? No. Would I recommend this hotel to friends? No. The only reason you would stay at this hotel is if you were flying on an outward bound flight from Kuwait City  and your flight was been canceled and the airline put you up in this hotel.

The best thing this hotel has going for it is free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, even in your room.

The only restaurant is a small buffet line -  there is no à la cart dining. There also is no store inside the hotel to buy snacks or conscience items. You're not allowed to leave the hotel because you're literally in the middle of the runway system (see photos).

I will say our room and bathroom were clean, sheets were clean, and the linen was clean. The staff tried to be helpful but they just weren't very competent.

I have uploaded some photos of this hotel. If you found this review helpful please let me know by clicking the helpful button thank you.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank ToonTowner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Thai first
Calenzano, Italy
Reviewed 10 September 2012

pool was closed, staff really unkind. bad smell on all the floor. air con system wasn t working. considering that in the lobby is allow to smoke, there was an unpleasant smell of smoke.
rooms are dirty, small and smelly. i took one of my own towel for sleeping on that bed.
Food is below the average.

Room Tip: just don't go
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

3. The shop was not open

4. The pool was closed

5. The gym was not worth going to

6. The service from the staff was crap to say the least

7. To be charged for a cup of coffee that had been brewing for hours and having no milk available is deplorable

8. I needed money changed to return into Iraq - your staff would not help me - I ended up lending it off a fellow worker - who incidently left a day early as he was so pissed off with the service.

9. There were continual arguments outside my room - I had to open my bedroom door and ask them to - SHUT UP!

Room Tip: Dont go there
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank pir274
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Stayed there for around 10 hours. Not a very good experience. Room was very small and bathroom was tiny. Heating system was not working and asked for a heater. Room service never brought it.

Restaurant was ok. Food was below average. Only stayed there as we had a long connection and did not want to go outside the airport. If you have options stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
21 Thank TakSun
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 18 September 2010

I stayed here last 11 Sept 2010 for a 10 hrs 20 min stop over from Riyadh on my way to Bangkok. Kuwair Airways provided it for free for any passenger with long stop over. Room was small but clean with plasma TV. Stay include welcome drinks and buffet dinner at 7pm. You can watch planes landing & take off right from your window. Some planes were park right infront of the hotel. It has clean swimming pool and some sports & relaxation facilities at the basement floors. Its better than staying at the old, confusing & poorly maintained main airport terminal. But before my travel, I had to call Kuwait Airways to verify if hotel is free, they answered me "we dont provide free hotel", and I emailed Safir Airport hotel to double check, they answered me "I'm not sure if it is for free, it depends on your ticket". Good thing was upon my arrival at Kuwait airport, I went to the Transit Desk at the departure area, they checked my boarding pass and gave me a red card for my free hotel then they took me to the hotel by bus. I hadnt had much sleep though I just watch TV and used their free wifi updating my facebook. Overall its a good stay :)

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank paulcheeweh
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 22 March 2010

The Safir Kuwait airport hotel is good only as a crash pad for 1 purpose: You are stuck at the airport and don’t want to get a visa and hassle with Kuwait immigration. You cannot walk to the hotel. It is served by a 5 minute shuttle bus ride from the terminal. The room was tiny with one towel (for 2 of us!), and a tiny shower stall. No hair dryer in the room although housekeeping brought one very fast when I called the desk. Hallway noise was so bad that it sounded like someone was intentionally going up and down the hall slamming doors. But the worst part was the flooding. In the middle of the night I went into the bathroom in the dark only to find myself sloshing through water. There is a floor drain and the toilet water apparently backs up into the floor with some regularity.
If you really need a place to crash go for it. It really is okay if you overlook the many shortcomings.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
#30 of 69 in Kuwait City
Ibis Sharq Kuwait
Ibis Sharq Kuwait
#11 of 69 in Kuwait City

Been to Safir Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!