“Totally ignored by male receptionist”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kuwait City
Safir Airport Hotel
Ranked #56 of 69 Hotels in Kuwait City
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I was placed in this hotel by Kuwait Airways whilst awaiting a connecting flight next morning. The room I was allocated was adequate for a short one night stay. However, when I got off the transfer bus and walked up to the reception desk the male receptionist (who was doing nothing) blatantly ignored me, no smile, no greeting, nothing. He pretended I didn't exist. Other male guests exited the bus behind me and he immediately began to check them in. After he checked in 3 men whilst ignoring me the man who had accompanied us from the Kuwait Airways transfer desk took pity, went around the back of the desk and checked me in himself. This kind of blatant sexism and rudeness is totally unacceptable. There is no excuse.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LDB65
There are newer reviews for Safir Airport Hotel

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stayed at this -1 star smoke infested dirty hotel after my flight canceled. Hotel does not look anything like the pictures. Rooms are small, smoky, and VERY VERY dirty. The hotel staff takes your passport upon arrival and holds you hostage until airline says they can release you and would not let me check out early and would not call for a bus back to the airport ( I had booked an earlier flight that I lost money on). Front doors are locked with a security gurad at entrance preventing you from walking out onto tarmac. Hotel staff not helpful and somewhat rude, wifi in rooms did not work, only in lobby did it work resturant was ok, but service was bad.

Room Tip: Do not book this hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Shelly0206
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We stayed here for one night on a stop over. The staff are nice and the hotel is decent for a airport hotel. I enjoyed the view of the airplanes taking off and landing. The location is great and the shuttle was very nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank NDG2541
Reviewed 23 May 2013

It is Recommendable. Together with some Colleagues,we spend one Night there (Airline paid) and Service and Comfort was fully sufficient there. Friendly CheckIn and CheckOut. Large and nice decorated Breakfast

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RedandBlueSwimmer
Reviewed 23 May 2013

the location is its PLUS and we went there for one night, due we had a night at kuwait airport. very friendly service at checkin and at checkout. standard room was pretty large and comfortable. although close to airport, it was very calm in room and no large noise from planes.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aradsportman
Reviewed 8 April 2013

If you want to stay within the airport security, the Safir is a good place... basic bed and TV, internet is good, and the bathroom is decent. I've stayed here a couple of times, and the value is excellent.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Dave K
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I was forced to stay in this garbage dump type of Hotel and almost felt like i was blackmailed into paying $120 for it.

Story: Had booked Kuwait Airways flight ( worst decision ever, stay away from this airlines) to fly from Cairo to Mumbai from trip. Booked online and there was stop over in Kuwait City with next flight to Mumbai after 18 hours. At Cairo, the flight attendant blackmailed me by saying, since youre layover is more than 6 hours, i need to stay in this stupid place, they asked me to pay otherwise no boarding passes. I had no choice but to comply.

KA flight was 8 hours delayed to leave from Cairo. When at Airport in Kuwait, they took 3 hours to bring me to this hotel which is inside the airport. The hotel look like old run down hotel, it worse than Mumbai slum. The hotel staff is even more rude, they dont care about anything and cant speak English. The room was alright , but for $120 it was total ripoff. The lunch buffet food was so stale and hard that i ran away from there by just eating bananas and fresh fruits.
At night when my flight was there they called me down at brought at terminal.

Overall. dont stay there, but you might be forced to in that case, just take the room and go to sleep cursing yourself for flying Kuwait Airways.

Room Tip: Well no tips just deal with this like you have to pass this time. No choices here.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
#11 of 69 in Kuwait City
Flora Park Hotel Apartment
Flora Park Hotel Apartment
#38 of 69 in Kuwait City

Been to Safir Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!