“A forced stay due to cancellation charge”

Movenpick Hotel Kuwait
Ranked #10 of 69 Hotels in Kuwait City
“A forced stay due to cancellation charge”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

The location of the hotel is very poor with no other amenities nearby. Very poor valet service with prejudiced people who gives more importance to the appearance of the guests. The only exception to this is the staff at the reception, who was very cordial, polite and helpful. The rating for the reception team is excellent which helped to improve the overall rating of the hotel which otherwise would have been very poor.

A Special thanks to Chathu Idangoda who was the only friendly face amongst all other arrogant staff of this hotel.

I initially decided not to stay due to the unpleasant attitude from the staff, but I was forced to stay as they threatened to charge me for one night.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
hassan_hassanein, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Kuwait, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for posting your review about our Hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am truly sorry if we were unable to meet your expectations at check-in. Please note this is not the impression we wanted to convey to any of our guest.

I have shared your comments with our Front Desk team and rest assured that I will personally look into this area to further improve.

I hope this will not impact negatively on your perception towards our hotel as we are striving for service excellence. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback.

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Arabic first
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Very good service. they bring us from airport to hotel and tell us about places to visit in kuawit and when we arraived every thing was prepared. the breakfast was very good. the best thing i really enjoid is the hotel beef burger it was really delicious. Over all the hotel is great for familiys.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Khalid A
hassan_hassanein, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Kuwait, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Our Guest

Reference is made to your recent stay with us at the Mövenpick Hotel Kuwait , for which we thank you and hope that in the meantime, you reached home safely.
We are in receipt of your comments, which you were kind enough to share with us and we have taken note of your suggestions and comments, which will certainly help us to improve and fine tune our operation.
Hopping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Mövenpick Hotel Kuwait or to any other Mövenpick Hotel & Resort, sometime in the near future and assuring you already in advance of our best care and attention to your comfort, we remain.
With Kind regards,
United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I was so pleased with the hotel staff. Everybody were helpful. I called the hotel when my flight got delayed and a lady name christen answered my call. I planned to take taxi and goes on my own But she offers me free pick up which I never thought of. Was so greatful. And this impression I felt for this hotel will always stay.

Room Tip: choose the room with pool view
1 Thank stephen k
Dear Guest

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us in relation to your recent stay at our hotel . It is truly inspiring to learn you were satisfied with our hotel facilities and services provided by our team members
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

The Movenpick makes you feel so welcome and at home. Everytime I turn around I am greeted and asked if I need anything. When I arrived the front desk attendant Andre gave me a personal walk around of the whole facility and showed me to my room. It was after that when I knew I was going to have a good time here! At the pool Ranil and the other guy with the sunglasses were always there and even played volleyball with me be aide I was by myself. I always got transported to the different malls no problem even if it was just me going! I even got to go get a souvenir at the Harley shop and they were kind enough to wait on me! Thanks to Chathu and Sherlyn for always being so Kind and made small talk with me when I would walk into the lobby. I absolutely love this place and can't wait to come back!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Nick5291
Dear Our Guest

With Kind regards,
Kuwait, Al Kuwayt, Kuwait
Reviewed 23 August 2014

the front office let me feel that i was at my home and the service is excellent as its for a family, new room fer nature and clean bathroom, it was an amazing experience and for sure that i will do it again very soon,

Room Tip: corner suites
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Although building looked old and water pressure in the shower are toilet was poor, staff are amazingly helpful and friendly. Driver who drove me to Kuwait city was highly knowledgeable about the city and local culture. Only reason which could make to stay in this hotel are the staff!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
hassan_hassanein, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Kuwait, responded to this review, 23 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Hotel

Our team was really pleased to read your positive feedback about the facilities and service Receiving such wonderful comment means a lot for us, this will drive us to keep doing our best and improve our quality of service.

I look forward to have the pleasure of once again welcoming you to our Hotel in the near future.

Sincerely yours,
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I enjoyed the stay but I can't find anything to do except the swimming pool , I hope that you will publish kinds of entertainment , But overall you excellent and i will repeat residence in your hotel .

• Stayed July 2014