“Not sure why the other reviews are so high”

Inn & Go Kuwait Plaza Hotel
Ranked #26 of 69 Hotels in Kuwait City
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not sure why the other reviews are so high”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

The location is central in Kuwait City, which is not really such an exciting part of the town. The website and some of the reviews suggested to me that this would be a nice place to stay, however it really was old and of generally pretty low quality.
The rooms were very old, looked as though it was from the 1980's, if I am being generous. The food was pretty depressing, the overall decor of the hotel was also depressing, and even the shuttle was late taking me to the airport. My company actually had an event there, also again thinking this was a more upscale hotel, which turned out to be very wrong.
As I understand, for some reason hotels in Kuwait City are quite expensive, so if you are perhaps on personal travel and can put up with this, you aren't going to wake up covered with bugs, but I would consider other options if at all possible.
Staff was, in their defense, pretty friendly but a couple didn't speak English and unfortunately I don't speak Arabic.
Across the street was the JW Marriott, which was beautiful and quite expensive - if possible, stay there.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Inn & Go Kuwait Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us. As we were concerned by your statements, we have verified the details of your stay and have been unable to find evidence of your visit in our property. If in fact you have resided in our hotel, please contact us at your earliest convenience so we can discuss your experience in more details. Thank you again for submitting a review.

Ali,GM

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
United States
Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

If you are in kuwait for business..then this one works.

Wifi in room
Good size standard room but small showers
Comfortable and quiet

The breakfast was generous , staff were freindly.
Hotel is adjacent to a shopping mall

I was very disapointed with the gym ! It doesnt work.
The hotel lacks a good flow...and slow elevators.
I asked for an iron in my room..and i got a bad one with burns on it...
One time i had room service..wasnt impressed.

All in all..it works if you are there to get a good sleep and clean bed..the value was good too...i would stay there again.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Inn & Go Kuwait Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.
We ensure that your concerns has been taken into consideration to help us improve the quality of our service. For the mean time our gym is under reconstruction, we are very sorry for any inconvenience caused during your stay. We hope to welcome you again in your next stay to Kuwait.

Best regards,
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night and whilst its got a central location in Kuwait City, the rooms and general parts of the hotel need a refurbishment but if you are on a budget then it's clean. The gym had broken running machines and plunge pool. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013
salessbpk, General Manager at Inn & Go Kuwait Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable comment, we have shared it to all our staff.
Please note that the gym including the pool is under process of refurbishment and we hope to finish soon to serve our guest better. We look forward to your next stay in Kuwait.

Best regards,

Birmingham England
Reviewed 23 March 2013

If your on a budget and you have business in Kuwait this is a neat hotel to visit. I had one of the tired rooms, but it was clean, tidy and looked after very well indeed. This is clearly no four star hotel, but they way say Americans and us British judge star ratings is to a higher standard than most. So yes it is four star standard but by middle eastern standards.

What I liked about my neat, tidy well maintained (but tired) room was ow spacious it was and that seems pretty standard. Staff are great, all friendly which I would say is a general rule of most hotel all staff in Kuwait, they pick good ones :)

Location is great for business in Kuwait, middle of the business district and no more than a 2 KD taxi ride from anywhere of business importance. Free pick up from the airport at 05.30 was most welcome and they did me a half price on my room for that day as I went straight to bed.

I certainly would have no problems about staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank eyeonbroadstreet
General M, General Manager at Inn & Go Kuwait Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, I have shared with our staff. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 14 December 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights. The points I took this hotel were as follows.
1. Breakfast is included
2. Location is good (center of town) and the Japanese restaurant "Kei" is close to the hotel.
I arrived at Kuwait International Airport at 17.50. I didn't reserve transfer service, but I found two persons from this hotel at the arrival gate and I said I was a guest of their hotel. They were waiting for a person from Cairo and the flight had already landed. We waited almost for 30 minutes but he didn't come out. Then one of them took me to the hotel by a hotel car.
There were following two ploblems in the room.
3. There's an electric pot, but plug of pot didn't meet with a receptacle plug.
4. Toilet paper was to short and almost finishing and yet no spare roll.
I told the above to reception man in the early next morning, and a maintenance man came with adapter and new papar roll. He put adapter and met with a receptacle plug, but it didn't work.
The pot was out of order. He brought new one and it worked well.
I walked down town and visited Telecom Tower and Kuwait Tower, and took a taxi to Marina.
In this hotel there' s a Korean restaurant, but I eated out for dinner at "Kei" at first and second nights. To my regret, here in Kuwait no beer was served. When I came back from "Kei" at the second night (before check out day), a reception lady called me. She wanted to confirm a hotel car departure time. I reserved 7.30 when I claimed about 3 and 4, but she said hotel car started at 7.00, 8.00 .. so and suggested to take 8.00 car. She found my reservation onthe note and there was one more guest. I told her not to change the time once fixed. She presented a comment sheet of the hotel and I commented on above 3 and 4 and suggested to check these points of all rooms.
I received unexpected "welcome and send off" when reserved and could save taxi fee.
I now propose this hotel service should be applied to all guests. If so this may become a sales point.
When I came back to Japan I received email from hotel manager telling gratitude about my comments. I hope these points would be improved soon.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Tadahiro H
Dear Mr. Tadahiro,

Thank you for your review.
Please be informed that your concerns were addressed properly to our housekeeping and maintennance department and has been taken cared off. We look fprward to welcome you again soon.

Izmir, Turkey
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I stayed for four night for a business trip. The hotel's location is close to the city center, but not too many places are within walking distance. The only attraction nearby is the Al Mubarakiya shopping district. The shuttle service from the airport is great and the reception of the hotel is friendly. I had no problem during check-in. The rooms were clean, however the decoration and furniture lacks some style. Free wi-fi and newspaper every morning are other great features of the hotel. I think the best aspect of the hotel was its friendly staff. Also, there were plenty of different flavors for breakfast, which was another plus of the hotel. What is unusual is perhaps the call of the reception staff to have your room checked during check-out. Nevertheless, Swiss Belhotel is a reasonable choice for Kuwait, I would stay again here.

1 Thank empee3
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review for our property, I have shared to our staff your comment and it serves as our inspiration to improve our service to our guest.
Looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in November 2012. Hotel car from airport was very good (a Chevy Suburban) but reception was not, except for its good staff. One takes an elevator to get to the reception. The lobby looks cheap enough. Finally, the rooms look old, and the bathroom - decent but below par vs. most hotels I've stayed in the Middle East. Food choices during breakfast are not something I looked forward to. The hotel's location, though, is good as it is in the heart of Kuwait City. My overall rating for this hotel should have been a 2.5. I do not think this hotel deserves a "3".

1 Thank FMD88528
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your remarks, it was shared to our staff.
In order to serve our guest better, our hotel is currently doing refurbishment for all our rooms with new design and facilities. We look forward to welcome you again in our hotel.