The location is central in Kuwait City, which is not really such an exciting part of the town. The website and some of the reviews suggested to me that this would be a nice place to stay, however it really was old and of generally pretty low quality.
The rooms were very old, looked as though it was from the 1980's, if I am being generous. The food was pretty depressing, the overall decor of the hotel was also depressing, and even the shuttle was late taking me to the airport. My company actually had an event there, also again thinking this was a more upscale hotel, which turned out to be very wrong.
As I understand, for some reason hotels in Kuwait City are quite expensive, so if you are perhaps on personal travel and can put up with this, you aren't going to wake up covered with bugs, but I would consider other options if at all possible.
Staff was, in their defense, pretty friendly but a couple didn't speak English and unfortunately I don't speak Arabic.
Across the street was the JW Marriott, which was beautiful and quite expensive - if possible, stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inn & Go Kuwait Plaza Hotel is ideally located in the heart of the commercial and banking district, close to Grand Mosque of Kuwait, Kuwait towers, Liberation Tower and the Scientific Museum, just 20 minutes drive from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Inn & Go Kuwait Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss-Belhotel Plaza Hotel Kuwait City
- Swiss Hotel Plaza
- Inn & Go Kuwait Plaza Hotel Kuwait City