“Average hotel”

Inn & Go Kuwait Plaza Hotel
Ranked #29 of 72 Hotels in Kuwait City
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This was a business trip and the room had been booked by the company I was visiting. So was not my choice and the tripadvisor reveiws had scared me a bit

Honestly it was a little better than what I had imagined. The hotel car was there to pick me at the airport (the Hala service transferred me to him) While there is no ground floor lobby to speak of, I was taken to the lobby at the first floor by a person who picked me up. The lobby is kind of nice and there were two people at the reception.

Room was decently sized and clean. The key concern was that the AC thermostat did not seem to work and the room was much colder than what it was set at. Laundry was good and they were able to returned ironed suits to me at 8 am (which I had given at 11 pm). They did not unfortunately have an adapotor which worked with phones from SE Asia)

The breakfast buffet s decent (nothing out of the world - but nothing key missing).

Given the pricing - this is an okay value by Kuwait Standards. The JW Marriott and Court Yard are price at $ 350-$400 and this it about half the range.

There is a connecting mall to the hotel which has various shops of interest.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
salessbpk, General Manager at Inn & Go Kuwait Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your taking time to post a review.

We are very happy to know that you have a good experience with us.

Please note that adaptor will be provided once requested in our FO team, however we will try our best to provide a ready adaptor for all the rooms from now on.

Thank you and we look forward for your next stay with us.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Hi all , where should i start ??
1- arriving NO one to welcome you in, i went to the left alone to level one to the reception.
2-first room offered to me was very dirty(Drain in the toilet opened,tap not working,stain on the bed sheet,mold smell all over the room and worse in the cupboard,CLIPPED TOE NAIL on the carpet !!)
3- 2nd room bad the 3rd room much better and cleaner (i end-up using )
4- No one took my breakfast order on Wed 19th March waited from 7:30 am until 9 am. then i went out .
5- I advised the reception and the driver from the hotel that i have to go to SAAD Airport 3 times the day before and twice on the day. However they still manage to drop me off to the wrong airport and i had to take taxi to SAAD Airport.
NOT RECOMMENDED

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Perth-Dubai

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review.

We are very sorry for all the inconvenience you have experience with us.
Actions to all the concerned issues has been implemented and results are on constant monitoring to prevent future occurence of the same problem.

We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Located in the up town area in the heart of Kuwait city the hotel offers value for money. A short drive of approximate 20 minutes from the airport takes you to the hotel. Rate includes daily American breakfast with tea and coffee making machine in the room. All room have attached facilities. Standard room s are of adequate size. Room service is avail able round the clock. Conference halls are available for business and social meetings.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Bajnaj,

Thank you for taking time to post a review for our property.

We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcome you again in your next visit to Kuwait. Rest assured that we will continue our best effort to serve our guest with excellence.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

reasonable price if you are planning to stay for long time. excellent location at the heart of the down town. breakfast was bad including the service.
rooms has small kitchenette which was perfect for long time stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of Swiss-belhotel Plaza Team, we would like to thank you for your review.

We are glad to know that you have found our hotel a reasonable place to stay in.

We are doing our very best to improve our breakfast facility and the service as the issue had been address to the concern department.

We look forward to your next visit in Kuwait.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

The property is kind of old. The property is not very appealing and has to be refurbished. The location of the property is very good, and that is probably the only reason why I would stay here again. The service of the staff is good and the breakfast spread is decent.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for your review.

Renovation is still on going because Swiss-belhotel Plaza Kuwait management are trying to achieve excellence in our service and facilities.

We love to welcome you again in your next visit to Kuwait.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Staffs were all great. Polite without getting into your face by being over polite, like some hotels could be.

Lobby looks renovated recently. Nice bright red and photo frames all over. There are plenty of chairs and sofas around including a large LCD TV that happens to be showing football (that's soccer) most of the time, and news the other times. Lobby is on the second floor and requires walking 2 or 3 flight of stairs (after going through a metal detector) and a lift. I found out later there's another lift that goes from the entrance to the lobby. Ah well...

Restaurant is not too bad. Breakfast is quite good, not too many selection but enough for me not to be bored after staying for 4 nights.

Room however is average. I'd be generous to say it's generous but quite obviously this was designed dozens of years ago and has not been renovated. I arrived late at night and went to sleep thinking that the heating was on (I was there in winter where the temperature goes below 10C at night outside) but when I woke up I was freezing. Adjusted the thermostat again and although it showed that heating was on, the central vent feels cool to me. After a few days I gave up, theres probably no heating in this hotel. So it is cold in the hotel room. I guess I should have insisted for a portable heater, but I didn't after my colleagues telling me there's none available. But I did learn that tucking one self into the duvet worked wonders. Its something I used to do when I was in the backcountry China in December when temperature was below freezing. Then again, no hotel in Kuwait City is cheap, and for the price I paid I would expect heating to be a basic feature.

Talking about price. This hotel is about half the price of the JW Marriott next door. Same location, half the price. As long as you don't expect JW Marriott I guess its worth the price you paid. There's a mall next to the hotel, but hey, you wouldn't expect it since the entrance seems quite deserted and there are not too many windows to suggest so. I believe they call it Muthannah Complex. I stumbled upon it by mistake.

And you know what? There are two Korean restaurants close to the hotel. Which probably explains why there are so many Koreans staying there. There's Arirang in the Muthannah complex. And across the road to Carlton Towers there's Koryeokuan.

Over and out.

Room Tip: Non smoking room for sure. Then again depends on your preference. The smoking room stinks - no matte...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dufffader
General M, General Manager at Inn & Go Kuwait Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments.
Please note that our room renovation is still going on.
We are sorry for your experience about a cold temperature in your room and we thank you for pointing this out to us and apologise for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We have now addressed this issue. We look forward to seeing you again.

Best regards;

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Location: In the old town, but there is nothing there... better to stay close the beach (Marina shopping mall).

Hotel:
- very old
- rooms are big, but a little bit dirty and too old!!
- breakfast was ok
- have free wifi
- stay was very nice but not professional at all (need to be proved a lot)!!!
- huge beds!!

I was upset because they downgrade my room without offering any compensation even it was my birthday... when I have mentioned they did not even said Happy Birthday... nothing! Come on, you do not need to be professional to be able to think....

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Inn & Go Kuwait Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to let us know your feedback.

Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you; we will further evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring again in the future.

Again we higly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do.

It’s our goal to retain you as satisfied customer and we hope to serve you again the future.