“Another great Holiday Inn”
Review of Holiday Downtown

Holiday Downtown
Ranked #18 of 69 Hotels in Kuwait City
Singapore, Singapore
“Another great Holiday Inn”
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Nothing to complain here. Great and functional hotel. Clean and nice service. Just what you need on your business trip. Not for a family vacation obviously.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
HolidayInnDowntownQ8, General Manager at Holiday Downtown, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time in reviewing our hotel, your review and comments are so important to us.

We assure you our best attention at all time
Looking forward to see you again staying with us

Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I stayed there on a short business trip for two nights; the airport pick up was on time and the driver was friendly and described the facilities of the hotel on the way, the staff were very friendly, rooms are well furnished and nice; food was good, breakfast was delicious with good variety.

Thumbs up: the hotel provides a complimentary drop off to the airport, and despite the fact that it is free, when the front desk forgot to inform me when the ride was at the hotel, they immediately offered another taxi and they insisted to pay for it.

All in all, recommended!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
HolidayInnDowntownQ8, General Manager at Holiday Downtown, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time in reviewing our hotel, your review and comments are so important to us and we assure you our best attention at all time.

Reviewed 3 June 2011

My friend who is a doctor stayed here locum for 3 months, I was often with him...in the heart of the city with easy access to everything... Clean spacious rooms... Courteous staff well groomed... Sumptuous buffets with excellent variety to suit all tastes...parking space is something of an issue..

• Stayed April 2011

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 6 May 2011

I like the hotel. Room is clean and service is up to expectation. The airport shuttle services is free with luxury car transfer. I did not like the hotel lobby. It is too small. Overall it is nice but a little bit expensive for the money.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank mustantm

Manama
Reviewed 16 January 2011

i have stayed in the hotel twice in one month. First time the AC was not working when I first called them they told me some1 is coming to fix after an hour later I called again they told me the AC is not working for the whole hotel. When I asked to move to another room where I can at least open the window I was told all rooms are the same and you cannot open the window.

A week later I check-in again but in a different room to my surprise I noticed that the window can be opened and they just lied to me to keep me quite!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 4 August 2010

16thh April 2010.

This was the first time I was going to kuwait.So naturally I was a bit apprehensive and nervous about venturing into the arab world. Anyway when I arrived in Kuwait for my business trip, there were couple of locations that i had to proceed to attend my meetings.Anyway the hotel staff were so helpful and friendly in guiding me.Eventually in the end i never han any problems getting around Kuwait also the rooms in the hotel were very comfortable and I for the first time also got to taste lovely Arabic food.

My gratitude to Holiday Inn,Kuwait.Well Done!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time in reviewing our hotel, your review and comments are so important to us and we assure you our best attention at all time.

Reviewed 4 July 2010

This hotel was very clean, and I have little complaints with regards the rooms.
However the service was abysmal. My car booked for the airport was 30 minutes late. The On-duty manager who was meant to come and fix the wireless internet didnt show up. Twice. It took 30minutes for my (severely overpriced) coke to arrive in the lobby bar. The bellboy when carrying my bags up to my room, rest my bag on top of a full ash-tray at the elevator. And the breakfast was seriously mediocre. For the price, I would go elsewhere next time.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business