“Great Ambience”
Review of Holiday Downtown

Holiday Downtown
Ranked #18 of 72 Hotels in Kuwait City
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I've staged conferences here for ambassadors and large groups of students and the service is impeccable and the food delicious. Carlos, the General manager here made everything run like clockwork. Nothing was too much trouble. There's a nice cafe off the foyer where you can watch the football too.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank artiemac
HolidayInnDowntownQ8, General Manager at Holiday Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review on our Hotel and looking forward to see you soon again staying with us,

Assuring you our best attention at all time.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

However, please chose this hotel if your business is Downtown, otherwise I suggest Holiday Inn Salmiya. Instead of writing about the Downtown facility I am doing a little comparison between the two of them. The selection of restaurants is much bigger at Salmiya. There is an outdoor swimming pool at Salmiya, The staff is bigger in numbers or at least they appear to be at Salmiya.

If you can live with the differences between the two and your business is in the downtown region please chose this hotel, otherwise chose the one in Salmiya.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnDowntownQ8, General Manager at Holiday Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on our hotel,

Holiday Inn Downtown & Holiday Inn Kuwait Salmeya are the same brand providing the best quality of the 4 Stars hotel services.

Looking forward to stay again with us,

Reviewed 13 May 2013

I have just begun a month long stay at this hotel, courtesy of my company. As part of the deal, the hotel provides a drop off and pick up service to my work, which is in an area with lousy taxi availability. Well its day 5 or so, and not once, I repeat not once, has the car been available on time. I make all my bookings the day before so time is not the issue. Today I have waited more than 1 hour for the pick up. I understand that they have to save costs by sharing the car, which is perfectly OK, but for that I can give a maximum of 10-15 minutes allowance. 75 minutes delays are unacceptable and points to chaotic scheduling and more likely, an inability to tell the truth to someone yelling at the counter or someone deemed more important. I am starting the process with the company of talking about alternative accomodation if available, even if I have pay a bit extra out of my pocket. I can lose my job if I consistently show up late. Nobody seems to really care; they believe smiling and saying 'sorry' will somehow fix it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnDowntownQ8, General Manager at Holiday Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you so much for your review on our hotel, second thing I would like to let you know that such late from the driver to pick you up to your work is not acceptable to us at all and at any reason so kindly contact me or to pass by my office at any time, I will be willing to solve any problem happened to you during your stay with us.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

One night in Kuwait so where to stay? Only chose this hotel as it was near where the person i was having dinner with has an apartment. No other reason. But it was all really good. The reception staff were really helpful and offered a complimentary breakfast which had not been booked in advance. They sorted out taxis for the following day and ensured the driver knew where to go as the destination was a little obscure. The bed was super comfy, and the sea view was nice if you ignored the building site in between. Good value too so will definitely choose the hotel next time I travel on business in Kuwait.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review on our Hotel, and we are looking forward to see you soon again staying with us.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

I always stay there for all my business trips to Kuweit city.
The staff is nice and friendly, and the quality of services is excellent.
They have a nice fitness room and a nice swimming pool with a nice view.
The rooms are large and nice.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Steven V

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comment and review on our Hotel, Looking forward to see you soon again staying with us.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

staying here right now - only basis of comparison in Kuwait is the Marina, which is much nicer (but more $$$) - this is a typical business hotel, nicer than some Holiday Inns but less nice than others. Very typical room, flat screen TV, decent lighting, safe that works, enough storage space, alarm clock. No iPod dock. Room has a remote sea view but construction site + ugly buildings in foreground. No balcony. Everything seems to work. I requested a special pillow & bathrobe & they arrived right away - nice. Main buffet restaurant has very tasty food though it is mostly Kuwait style.... which is good... but repetitive after a few days. Small pool & decent gym on upper floors have nice views. Pool is more for exercise than relaxation, no hot tub etc. Negatives - they have smoking rooms & allow smoking in lobby etc, yuck. Also no "safe" outdoor access - a balcony or roof deck would be a huge benefit in this culture as not recommended to walk alone outside (as a woman, anyway, but really no one seems to walk here) so can feel very "cooped up" after a day or two. Location not very close to restaurants or shopping so no where to walk to anyways. Probably convenient for most businesses tho' we had a long drive where we had to go. Room very worn with stains on carpet & walls, really needs a sprucing up, bit of a dusty smell.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnDowntownQ8, General Manager at Holiday Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for review on our hotel, your comments are so valuable to us,

Our hotel is surrounded with shopping malls and many of international restaurants and we will be so happy to guide & recommend you any requirements or any pleasure destinations you would love to go.

Assuring you our best attention at all time and looking forward to see you soon with us,

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Super Location, great staff and wonderful large furnished rooms. Good choice of dining options and very good service in all departments. Will definitely stay here again on future visits. The airport transfer service is complimentary and regular on the hour every hour. Front desk made me feel welcome and check out was smooth and efficient. A well run hotel

Room Tip: Ask for high floor and sea view