“Pleasant stay, downtown Kuwait”
Review of Holiday Downtown

Holiday Downtown
Ranked #18 of 69 Hotels in Kuwait City
Cape Town
“Pleasant stay, downtown Kuwait”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Perfect stay, no complaints. Good services, great breakfast and decent data speeds.
Overall I would recommend for anyone needing to do business in downtown.
It was my 1st time in Kuwait - so nothing to compare it with.

1 Thank anhCapeTown
Tamer F, General Manager at Holiday Downtown, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review and recommended the Holiday Inn Kuwait Downtown, your encouraging comments are noted and we hope to continue with the same level of service, We are looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Krikor Kukeyan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Just a one-night stop over in Kuwait, but the hotel seemed to be quite good. Check in and check out were certainly very quick and staff friendly.

Room was clean and comfortable, and free wi-fi always appreciated. Breakfast was not too bad, and typical for a Gulf business hotel. Only issue would be the smoking in the lobby restaurant - really noticeable these days when so many places are smoke free. Otherwise good hotel and good value, so will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnDowntownQ8, General Manager at Holiday Downtown, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on our hotel, your comments are so valuable to us, and sure we will be taking it with high importance.

Assuring you our best attention at all time and looking forward to see you soon with us,

Izmir, Turkey
Reviewed 13 June 2013

most beautiful thing about the hotel is its staff.they helpmed me a lot during both times i stayed in there.location is good as well.its just 10 mins far by foot from souq sharq,also close to the hospital in case of an emergency.maybe the only negatives are poor wireless signal in rooms.but you can use cable internet 24 hours a day whichs speed is good.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank Anonymous20130613
HolidayInnDowntownQ8, General Manager at Holiday Downtown, responded to this review, 16 June 2013

Thank you for review on our hotel, your comments are so valuable to us,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I visit Kuwait very frequently and I always stay at Holiday Inn Kuwait Downtown. The staff, especially the front desk/reception are very friendly and immediately recognize that I'm a frequent guest. They accommodate my requests, specifically my late check-out requests since my flight out is usually late in the evening. The ambience is good and the facilities are good as well. The fitness center is well maintained. The only issue I have noticed is that the chef and key staff at the breakfast area in the morning not very friendly. They need to improve and learn from their colleagues at the front desk.

Thank you for review on our hotel, your comments are so valuable to us,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I've staged conferences here for ambassadors and large groups of students and the service is impeccable and the food delicious. Carlos, the General manager here made everything run like clockwork. Nothing was too much trouble. There's a nice cafe off the foyer where you can watch the football too.

1 Thank artiemac
HolidayInnDowntownQ8, General Manager at Holiday Downtown, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review on our Hotel and looking forward to see you soon again staying with us,

Assuring you our best attention at all time.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 27 May 2013

However, please chose this hotel if your business is Downtown, otherwise I suggest Holiday Inn Salmiya. Instead of writing about the Downtown facility I am doing a little comparison between the two of them. The selection of restaurants is much bigger at Salmiya. There is an outdoor swimming pool at Salmiya, The staff is bigger in numbers or at least they appear to be at Salmiya.

If you can live with the differences between the two and your business is in the downtown region please chose this hotel, otherwise chose the one in Salmiya.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnDowntownQ8, General Manager at Holiday Downtown, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on our hotel,

Holiday Inn Downtown & Holiday Inn Kuwait Salmeya are the same brand providing the best quality of the 4 Stars hotel services.

Looking forward to stay again with us,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I have just begun a month long stay at this hotel, courtesy of my company. As part of the deal, the hotel provides a drop off and pick up service to my work, which is in an area with lousy taxi availability. Well its day 5 or so, and not once, I repeat not once, has the car been available on time. I make all my bookings the day before so time is not the issue. Today I have waited more than 1 hour for the pick up. I understand that they have to save costs by sharing the car, which is perfectly OK, but for that I can give a maximum of 10-15 minutes allowance. 75 minutes delays are unacceptable and points to chaotic scheduling and more likely, an inability to tell the truth to someone yelling at the counter or someone deemed more important. I am starting the process with the company of talking about alternative accomodation if available, even if I have pay a bit extra out of my pocket. I can lose my job if I consistently show up late. Nobody seems to really care; they believe smiling and saying 'sorry' will somehow fix it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnDowntownQ8, General Manager at Holiday Downtown, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you so much for your review on our hotel, second thing I would like to let you know that such late from the driver to pick you up to your work is not acceptable to us at all and at any reason so kindly contact me or to pass by my office at any time, I will be willing to solve any problem happened to you during your stay with us.