My visit to Kuwait has been very frequent in 2012, 2013 and now in 2014. This review is for Holiday Inn at Downtown, while they have one at Salmiya, which is excellent to stay at.
Holiday Inn Downtown which was recently opened had a lot more to give. It served the same way that Salmiya served, but I felt the management still requires to more efforts to make people comfortable. It was the second day that I felt there is a change when at the brealfast table, the F&B Manager made a self attempt to provide a good and contemplating service to the guest including me, this change of attempt made my decision of this hotel.
The hotel is absolutely clean and well maintained, spacious and bed was comfortable, bathroom had its excellent accessories. Me being a privelage member of IHG as Gold Elite and the IHG guest services and recognition was seen but could be improved upon.
The only dis-advantage of this hotel that I heard and experienced is the wedding cermony when it is happening, it is very loud and could be heard in the rooms.
I am going again in May 2014, but would be staying at Holiday Inn Salmiya and not at Downtown location as I feel more comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- I Enjoy great service in the vibrant heart of Kuwait city center at the sleek Holiday-Downtown hotel.A towering high-rise in Kuwait's thriving business district, Holiday Downtown is easily reached via our complimentary shuttle from Kuwait International Airport, 18km away. Our Fitness Inn Center and pool afford sweeping views across the Arabian Gulf and Kuwait City. Tantalize your taste buds with our restaurants (Downtown International cuisine,Enjoy,The Square Cafe & Restaurant and ) .Choose a stylish Executive room or Suite at Holiday-Downtown to enjoy access to our exclusive Executive Lounge. We offer function space for up to 400 people in our 3 elegant ballrooms and 7 high-tech meeting rooms and there's plenty of complimentary parking for your guests. It's just a short stroll from the hotel to meetings at government offices and leading city center businesses.Head to the enormous Sharq Mall next to the hotel for some serious retail therapy and the biggest in-mall food court in Kuwait. There's even a huge artificial lake behind the mall, where you can hire jet skis and small motor boats.Plan your day with complimentary wireless Internet in Holiday-Downtown's chic marble Lobby, also home to a boutique gift shop and cafe. Massage treatments in our extensive Fitness Center mean you can wind down after a day's business or sightseeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda, Southall Travel, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kuwait Downtown Hotel Kuwait City
- Holiday Inn Kuwait City
- Kuwait City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Downtown Kuwait/Kuwait City