“Attentive Staff and Clean room”
Review of Holiday Downtown

Holiday Downtown
Ranked #18 of 70 Hotels in Kuwait City
Reviewed 28 July 2014

To be honest, I have spent only 1 night for this occasion but I highly appreciate how much the staff is attentive and smiling. Room's perfect for business stay.

By the way, the transport to the airport is free of charge, the driver is smart and pro and the car is air conditioning :-)

During Ramadan, I could not have experienced the restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnDowntownQ8, General Manager at Holiday Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comment and review of our hotel, we are glad to know that you liked our rooms and our services, we hope you had a great experience with us.

Assuring you our best attention and quality of service at all time

We look forward to see you soon staying with us

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I checked into this hotel around 10pm on Thursday, July 17th. I was tired, so I brushed my teeth, used the toilet, and went to bed. When I woke up this morning I discovered that the toilet was not working...it did not seem to have refilled from the night before. I also discovered that there was no water coming from the faucet in the bath or shower. I called the front desk who promised to send someone to look at it. I continued to fiddle with the faucets and eventually got water to come out....but i did not realize that the water was brown and very dirty until I got out of the shower and there was a layer of soot in the bottom on the tub. I took a glass of brown water and a white towel that I wiped up some of the soot with to the front desk to talk to the manager. Although they were very apologetic at the hotel...their attempt to compensate me for the experience was very poor. This is without a doubt the most expensive Holiday Inn I have ever stayed at....$315 for the night.....they knew I was checking out...so they offered me a complimentary night for tonight....after I am gone. They then offered me a free lunch and finally came back and told me that they would give me a discount the next time I stay at the hotel. They have hidden behind the fact that I booked through a travel agent as the reason they cannot give me monetary compensation for my troubles. In the end it will cost them nothing....except for the impact of this review (which I hope will be significant). Do they really think I would ever stay here again? PS...I am a member of the IHG rewards program...having stayed at no less than five Intercontinental Resorts around the world in the last four years.....also, this hotel has the worse wifi service....it's as slow as dial-up!

Room Tip: If you want to choose a good room...go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank danielq8

Dear Mr. Daniel,

Thank you for taking time to write about your experience with us, we are so sorry to know that you had such problems in the bathroom, when water cuts usually it will come with some dirt’s for a few seconds then water will be clean and normal, anyhow we are sorry that you had to experience such an issue with us.

Regarding the Internet, we at Holiday Inn Kuwait Downtown are offering a very high speed WIFI connection and next time we will be willing to send you one of our IT team to check and solve your slow internet connection.

Assuring you our best attention at all time and we promise you to have a better experience with us In the future.

We Look forward to see you soon staying with us.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was pleasantly surprised its a comfortable room with a great breakfast buffet , the staff are friendly and helpful and go out of your way to take care of your needs ,.the room is clean and comfortable with free wifi and if your on the exec floors breakfast is included . I have stated in a few of the other hotels and this one was well worth their modest cost

Room Tip: Exec floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Sam K
HolidayInnDowntownQ8, General Manager at Holiday Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Mr. Sam K,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us which is very much appreciated, I am pleased to hear your kind words about our hotel and our colleagues.

It’s nice to know that you feel you received a great service and experience with us.

We Thank you so much for choosing Holiday Inn Kuwait Downtown,

Assuring you of our best service at all time and Look forward to see you soon

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Comfortable and very nice hotel, Very friendly and helpful staff. Highly qualified reception team with excellent front office manager , Conveniently located for business. Very good gym. Rooms not most modern, but very decent and of a good size.The rooms are clean .
The rooms are clean . The food in the hotel was of a good standard and the selection was good. I would highly recommend

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank s_elsheikh
HolidayInnDowntownQ8, General Manager at Holiday Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear S_elsheikh,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and

that you feel you received great service, we appreciate your kind comments on our front office team,

and it’s really nice to know that you liked our hotel facilities.

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Kuwait Downtown, we assure you our best quality of service at all times

Looking forward to see you soon

Reviewed 5 June 2014

With so many fine hotels in the Gulf you could be easily put off arriving here. Don't be. Superbly attentive staff make your stay very good indeed. This is a business hotel so don't bring the family, but as a hotel to use for coming and going to your place of business it works well. The bedrooms are clean spacious and comfortable, the laundry efficient, the location good and it's well priced. The only awkward feature is the very narrow approach from the street which at busy times can cause a slight delay. It's amazing how good staff can make or break a hotel and they certainly make this one.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RichardPurley

Dear Mr. Richard Purley,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us, we very much appreciate you

praising our hotel and colleagues.

This is exactly what Holiday Inn Kuwait Downtown team believes in, we will be proud to pass your kind

words to our team, this is something our colleagues take great pride in.

Thanks for staying with us,

Looking forward to see you soon

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Holiday Inn is a nice respite from the hustle and bustle. Nice food at Diwan restaurant. Loved the 24 hour health club...it has everything you need and more.
I bought the wrong adapter for charging my stuff, and they provided me with one, so it gets a tick from me!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Theinfielder
HolidayInnDowntownQ8, General Manager at Holiday Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel, we appreciate and value your comments.

Assuring you our best attention at all time.

Looking forward to see you soon staying with us,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Comfortable hotel, excellent breakfast, very friendly staff. Conveniently located for business. Very good gym. Indoor pool. Rooms not most modern, but very decent.You get coffee and your newspaper to your room + robe + slippers

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank TJO1234

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing Holiday Inn Kuwait Downtown to stay in, we appreciate your review of our hotel, it’s really nice to hear that you had a nice stay with us, this is our aim and ambition towards all our guests

Assuring you our best attention at all time and looking forward to see you soon staying with us,