Plaza Athenee Hotel
Movenpick Hotel Kuwait(Kuwait City)
US$167
US$117
US$101
ibis
  • Restaurant
Hilton Kuwait Resort(Kuwait City)
US$286
US$277
Le Royal Tower Hotel(Kuwait City)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$111
Trip.com
Ibis Sharq Kuwait(Kuwait City)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$289
Jumeirah.com
Sheraton Kuwait(Kuwait City)
US$388
US$365
Holiday Inn Kuwait(Kuwait City)
US$237
US$225
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 December 2013

A one night hotel stay courtesy of Kuwait Airways. Front desk were very friendly and cheerful but disorganised and shambolic.Their comprehension of English wasn't that good, the desk was so strewn with passports and papers it was no surprise it took 15 minutes to locate my visa. Instructions as to our pick up time were confused, incorrect and contradictory. A wonder I didn't miss the plane. My room was quite small, small double bed, small shower. There was a leak in the bathroom so water on the floor at all times. Smoking is allowed in the rooms and, even worse, in the restaurant. The hotel seemed quite quiet until noisy guests departed at 3.30am and then at 4am someone from room service rang my door very loudly in an attempt to deliver something I had not ordered. The breakfast buffet wasn't good: the only bread was so stale it had to be toasted, coffee was Nescafe only, the cereals were all the cheap sugar encrusted variety, not much fruit. And smokers smoking over a 6.30am breakfast .Yuk! You could do worse for a one night transit but for a stay in Kuwait look elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LDB65
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed in this Hotel one week.
Several times the room was not cleaned.
But the worst thing was that the reception take the double amount from my credit card. The staff was not able to use the machine to cancel this operation. After a very long discussion receptionist go to exchange shop and give me the money in cash. One point for the Airport Pickup, this worked good.
Not recommendable!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2013

What stands out at Plaza Athenee is the service, everyone is always absolutely happy to help starting from the bell boys to the receptionist who is always smiling and welcoming and finally the hotel manager. All are attentive to details and guests requests you can notice that by watching guests interact with them as well. hotel in terms of service and rooms is basic, Free WIFI is offered a room service menu till 23.00 i believe is available, i personally did not enjoy any type of coffee i ordered at the room service; request for a higher category not the standard room; this is a very small room and ac is noisy other rooms are fine. location is good enough to get around around 15 mins to the marina area and marina mall

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I have stayed at the Plaza Athenee a couple of times while on business trips. The rooms are reasonably spacious, neat and the service is quite good. They arrange to pick you up from the airport if required. The rates are quite reasonable for a place like Kuwait. The breakfast is average - nothing to rave about.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank eagertraveller h
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I stayed at the Plaza Athene during a business trip to Kuwait.The hotel arranged my entry visa and I collected it "airside" at the airport which probably saved me close to 1-hr in queuing time.

Once at the hotel the reception wanted to retain my passport and visa...I let them retain the visa (I had a copy) but asked them to photcopy my passport as I didn't wish to travel within Kuwait without some form of official ID.

Facilities are limited to a ground floor cafe and 1st floor breakfast restaurant. The hotel was clean and well maintained, although my colleague complained that his "No Smoking" bedroom was stinking of stale smoke...I suspect this was more to do with a non-conforming guest as opposed to any failure on behalf of the hotel - once brought to the attention of the hotel staff, they immiediatly changed his room.

During my stay, the hotel had a special offer on which allowed an upgrade to a Junior Suite, which was superb for business discussions with my colleague.

Breakfast was a little disappointing, especially on one day when coffee was a DIY affair with Nescafe and hot water. The cooked food was unappetising to look at and fresh fruit limited, suplemented by tinned pears and apricots...it could, with a little effort have been so much better at little/no cost to the hotel.

Free WiFi was throughout the hotel which is great..many of the larger, more plush hotels charge the earth for rooms and then charge again for WiFi...so well done Plaza Athene

Essentially, I used the hotel to sleep in and take breakfast. It was more than adequate and represented good value for money, especially as it provided transport to/from the airport as part of the package.

I have no real complaints...only minor issues which can be overlooked.

Room Tip: Try a Junior Suite...the cost is often not too disimilar from a standard room !
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business