“Decent Hotel, Not Recommend though”

Embassy Hotel Lebanon
Ranked #102 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Decent Hotel, Not Recommend though”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Hotel is OK if your left with no other choice, service received was poor, I wanted to extend my hotel stay, but the rate they gave me was ridiculous, i took a walk around the corner and checked into Mayflower hotel which is like a 4 star hotel for a cheaper rate that what Embassy quoted me for an extra two nights. Hotel is in a good location though, but they need a total revamp in interior and customer service

Room Tip: I don't recommend any room here, go around the corner to Mayflower hotel a million times better
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank pavanjugroop

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Turkish first
Coaldale, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Embassy was totally ideal for my very quick trip to Beirut. It is really central in Hamra area, Beirut and just one block from Hamra Street which is loaded with shopping, coffee shops, restaurants, people watching and great events. Embassy is also about 2 blocks down from AUB which has a great vibe - and again, lots of great spots to shop, eat and watch.
It was about a 20 minute walk to the Corniche and then another 15 to Pigeon rocks - both the corniche and the rocks are stunning and such an enjoyable walk.
The staff at Embassy are totally charming. I arrived at 2am and felt completely welcome and home immediately. They take wonderful care of you and make sure you're happy and needs are met. The old building makes for a fun little vintage elevator ride, and my room had a lovely balcony.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room in the back of the building if you don't want to hear street traffic all ni...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Misskilaw
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

it was clean and calm and service was good.
rooms was clean.
service was very good and customer service are very helpful.
the location is very very good and near to everything.
i really like the hotel,

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Mohamed A
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

as an expert traveler, I always prefer to stay in Family Hotels, it is always clean, secure and money value is granted. I`ve stayed in this lovely hotel from 3rd March, 2014 to 18th March, 2014, nice room & view, clean and the best issue is the lovely employees, Mr. Hussam Safa and Ms. Sameha also Mr. Mustafa, Mr. Jomaa (they like to call him Friday :) great team and friendly atmosphere, not to forget the owners such a lovely stay I had with them and looking forward to stay with them again when visiting Beirut (Lebanon).

I advise everyone travelling for the first time to Beirut to stay there, great location center of Hamra (The famous street).

Room Tip: 4th Floor back area is great to stay in.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank NizarOMM
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

A friend suggested that I stay in this hotel, said I'd find the staff friendly and welcoming--and that's what I found! Even though I arrived at night, the person at the desk remembered me, remembered my reservation, and even remembered my friend! The four days I stayed here, I was greeted every morning and evening in a warm and friendly manner-- I really felt like I'd found a new home in Lebanon.

The location is very convenient-- right across the street from a post office; literally steps from the shops, cafes, and banks of Hamra Street; and 5 minutes walk from the AUB so it's the perfect location if you're coming to Beirut for a conference. Each room has a fridge; there's a supermarket down the street for bottled water and cigarettes (the hotel, though, is non-smoking).

The room I stayed in was very clean and comfortable with a private bath, and a private balcony overlooking a green space. The elevator helped me get my bag upstairs. Breakfast was served in the hotel every morning; because I made a reservation to have breakfast, I was the only person in the dining room and appreciated the tranquility in the morning. When I had to leave, there was a car to get me to the airport quickly and safely.

About the showers-- it's true, there was constant hot water with high pressure. Like other parts of the world, "climate change" in Beirut means that the tap water is from the Mediterranean. I use bottled water to brush my teeth at home, so bringing a bottle of water to brush my teeth was no surprise.

Other people told me that they'd rented a car and driven out of town to eat fish-- sounds like a great idea! something to do next time.

Room Tip: Rooms over the restaurant (not on the street side) are both quieter, and get the sun.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank StillAnotherTraveler
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

I liked this hotel because it was old, it had nice architecture and the elevator was my favorite. The rooms were clean, and the showers had constant hot water with high pressure. The doors and walls were very thick which made the rooms quiet.

It is located right off Hamra street, which is the main BLVD for shopping, dining, and of course, drinking. The staff at this hotel were very very friendly and helpful. They were always there for me when I needed something 24/7, especially Samiha.

I will be staying int his hotel again when I come back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Robrrr
Kuwait City, Kuwait
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed there for 3 night October 2013
PROS:
1-The location is in the center of Hamra Street and very close from every thing (shops, bars, cafes, supermarket, bank)
2- The room is big enough and the bathroom was clean
3- staff was friendly specially Hossam

Cons:
1- WATER, WATER & WATER: The water used in this hotel is a sea water which make it verr annoying to take a shower.
2- No Free Internet (for me it is a Con)
About the price: Actually i can't say it's a cheap price but it's good value for money (I mean if u pay more few dollars per night u can get a really better hotel than this one)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Ebrahim-ElCC