“Great stay”

Ramada Beirut Downtown
Ranked #21 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed 21 November 2011

This hotel has a great location, nearby all attractions. Very comfort rooms, but no lobby. so, if you're just looking for a good place to spend the night then Beirut Ramada is the one.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write some comments regarding your recent stay at Ramada Downtown Beirut.

I am glad to notice that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests.

We appreciate your patronage of Ramada Beirut Downtown. We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2011

This is a good place if you're looking for a quick stay in Beirut. The downtown shopping and restaurant area is only 10 minutes away by foot. "Souk Beirut" is literally next door. I love walking so i find this location to be optimal. The rooms are clean and set in warm brown furnishing. Turquoise, brown and white linens set it off rather nicely. Not as spacious as you'd want it to be. But like i said, it does the trick if you're there for a few days. Would, and actually will stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor with regards to your stay at Ramada Beirut - Downtown . I am glad to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and was satisfied from our the Hotel location and room.

Again, thank you for recommending our property on Trip Advisor and I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 October 2011

rooms are nice and maybe if you want to be close to the financial district it could be ok, but if you want some life during the day .....nop ... you are going to have to catch a taxi and go towards the "corniche"
breakfast and snack bar are good and service is ok
if you have a car you might be in trouble since the parcking area in front of the hotel (the surroundings are under renovation) is VERY small
free internet in the common areas + a 2-hour free wifi coupon for your room

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write some comments and share your experience on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Ramada Downtown Beirut.

I am glad to note that you enjoyed your stay with us. The parking is indeed small however we are working currentely on improving it.

Again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Kinds regards

Reviewed 6 March 2011

The Ramada was reasonably priced but almost hidden in a jungle of adjacent construction. My room was okay, but towels felt like cardboard and the cleaning team missed a lot. I wanted to exchange currency at the front desk, but on two occasions was told "we don't have any money." The staff on the desk were nice enough and the breakfast (included) was fine. Wireless internet worked okay.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank BearsinArlington
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2011

Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I will be forwarding your comments to the concerned Directors of Department regarding the towels and the cleaning as well as for the money exchange. As for the construction, it is indeed a problem which we are facing as Beirut is under a massive reconstruction.

I hope this will not refrain you coming back. I am looking forward to welcoming back soon at Ramada Downtown

Yasmine Maalouf - General Manager

Reviewed 23 January 2011

The hotel is located in downtown Beirut near the upscale Beirut Souks and old Beirut district. The sea is just a few blocks away. I was told Pigeon Rock was too far to walk from the hotel but was taking snaps of it within a half hour walk. There are lots of high end restaurants near the hotel, but also lots of mid to low range eateries. Its not the hotel fault, but their parcel is completely surrounded by large-scale construction projects. Based on surrounding construction phases it will be another two years until completion. I stayed in two different rooms during two separate stays and neither room could escape the noise. Just depart your room by 8:00 a.m. and return 8:00 p.m. and you will be fine. The room rate was fantastic, no additional charge for wifi, or breakfast. I booked directly from the hotel website. The hotel staff were very helpful with any questions or concerns and always eager to assist.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank kjb176
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor with regards to your stay at Ramada Downtown Beirut. I am glad to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and was satisfied from our Staff and Services- despite the construction sites.

Kind Regards
Yasmine Maalouf -General Manager

Reviewed 6 November 2010

The hotel is reasonably priced but you get what you pay for. Only one elevator was working throughout my stay, which meant at least a 10-minute wait in which you hope the four-person elevator is not full.

Also, my prescription eyeglasses went missing. I am sure they weren't stolen, but most likely broken or accidentally tossed into the garbage or laundry. The hotel would not compensate me for them.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank nfawley
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2010

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us!
I would like to apologize for the elevators issues which was solved. With regards to your glasses, I will be contacting you directly.

I hope this will not refrain you from coming back and we all look forward to welcoming you again to the Ramada Downtown Beirut assuring you of our best care and quality services.

Yasmine Maalouf- General Manager

Reviewed 4 November 2010

First of all, my travel agent got me a very good deal, so my stay was off to a very good start, and it basically stayed that way.
The room was good, and nothing was wrong with it. Maybe an overall deep clean would not go amiss, but that's the case in most hotels I stayed in. But everything worked, and it was a comfortable room with a nice bed. The photos on the site of the hotel are exactly what you get, by the way! No misleading elements anywhere.
Breakfast is very good, very friendly people serving, and the time slot for breakfast is very big: 6:30 to 10:30, I believe. Very convenient.
The location is pretty OK, in the middle between Hamra and the CBD, everything within walking distance (10 minutes or so). I can't say much about the facilities like bar, swimming pool and so on, the top bar is supposed to be nice but I was out and about my whole stay.
As for construction works: yes, they are working next door, both sides actually, starting at 7 am every day (incl Fri-Sat-Sun). But the noise is not terrible, and if you had a party night, you'll probably sleep straight through it, and if not, well, you should be out to enjoy this beautiful city anyway! (People on business trip will be up by then, I reckon.)
I do have to say that some people working at the checkin were either a bit curt or disorganised. I had to book my taxi to the airport three times. But in general, people were friendly.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor with regards to your stay at Ramada Downtown Beirut. I am glad to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and was satisfied from our Staff and Services.

Again, thank you for recommending our property on Trip Advisor and I look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind Regards