“DO NOT STAY HERE if you're planning on sleeping”

Ramada Beirut Downtown
Ranked #25 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
London, United Kingdom
“DO NOT STAY HERE if you're planning on sleeping”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Just came back from a nightmare at Ramada, absolute lack of sleep!! They are building a hotel literally two meters away from the rooms, from 7 am onwards!!! Not only don’t they tell you about it, when you ask for a quiet room, they assure you it is!! They should notify customers in advance, and if there is no other option, offer earplugs and free wifi or other compliment as an apology. Some investment in sun blocking blinds would also be advisable. The service was a disgrace, couldn’t get a smile out of a single employee... Avoid eating in the restaurant, sandwiches take 40 minutes to arrive. And to make things even better, my bathroom stank 24/7. Only stay at Ramada if you have absolutely no other option, complete waste of money.

Room Tip: Just try not to stay here...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank LULIFOG
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Dear Guest,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay at Ramada Beirut Downtown.

I regret to notice that your overall rating was not satisfactory and that our services were not up to your expectations.

I have read your remarks with regards to the noise coming from the construction sites around us; I do apologize and I have taken into consideration the ear-plug service. We have already advised our purchasing department to buy them; it will available in rooms in rooms in a few weeks.

I am also pleased to advise you that we will be launching free internet in rooms in few months, we are under process of testing the speed and technical issues.

With regards to your comment on the services in our restaurants and the bathroom, I would be grateful if you could send me a mail with some more details [ room number, date of stay, ect..] that I can go through a full investigation- on my following address: ymaalouf@ramadalebanon.com

I look forward to reading from you again and hopefully to get a second chance to prove to you the quality of services on which we have built our good reputation.

With my best regards
Yasmine Eid Maalouf

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We found the hotel very nice
Clean rooms
You can feel very tender there
Nice open buffet breakfast
Receptionist people are very helpful and they got good hospitality
Very near to down town
We thank Mr Ahmed And Nada for their good hospitality
But I have one comment ( the wifi should be available for free in rooms also like the lobby )

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Mr Ahmad,

I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us, the hotel location, the buffet breakfast and specially our Team services.

I will definitely share your comments with all our Team and will pass your compliments to Nada and Ahmed.

We look forward to welcoming you once again to the Ramada Beirut Downtown assuring you of our best care and quality services at all time.

I am pleased to inform you that in few months, we will introduce free internet in rooms - we are in the process of testing the new internet system to make sure the speed will not be affected.

Again, thank you for your patronage and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The hotel is very near to downtown Beirut & taxi is always available outside. The staff is very friendly & the rooms are neat & comfortable. View from rooms is blocked by a building under construction.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay at Ramada Beirut Downtown.

Again, thank you for your patronage and if I can be of any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Sharjah, UAE
Reviewed 17 June 2013

The hotel is a walking distance from downtown Beirut and the area developed by Solidere project, yet it is in a quiet neighborhood. It lacks view as most of the rooms face a building which looks being under construction for some time. The rooms are comfortable but not wide enough. Personnel helpful but sometimes forgetful. Special taxi is available outside almost all the time.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us, the hotel location and our staff. I apologize for the staff being sometimes forgetful but I will immediately investigate with the concerned and share your comments with them.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

The hotel is nicely located, rooms are comfortable and nice.
There is a lot of construction nearby hotel 360 degrees, which might cause problems for late morning sleepers.

My only problem had been , there was electricity and air conditioning problem and I had to change the room. Other than that it is a very good hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us, the hotel location and our services. I apologize for the electricity cut -that we are facing a lot in Beirut these days- and the change of room. I will also investigate regarding the AC

Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Our stay at Ramada, Downtown, Beirut, was excellent. Pleasant, friendly service all-round; great breakfasts; clean, spacious standard-rooms - with comfy beds; calming, soothing lounge atmosphere - with a good menu (same as room-service menu, but it's slightly cheaper to order & eat at the lounge)... And after long days out exploring the beauty of Lebanon, it truly does feel like "returning home"... Our only little hassle experienced was that our room access-cards (on both rooms) denied us access after every 2 days, so we would have to have these updated at reception periodically. Otherwise, we thank all of the staff at Ramada for the understated superp quality.

Room Tip: We were on the 9th & 11th floors. Views from the higher-level rooms are better - as well as quie...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Dear Guest,

I am glad to notice that your overall rating was very satisfactory and I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us, the hotel services and our staff. Your lovely note has already been shared with our Team and we will definitely look into the key issues with our IT Manager

Should you have any suggestions or comments in order to make your next stay with us even more comfortable, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Again, I would like to thank you for your patronage and recommending Ramada Beirut Downtown on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you once again to "HOME" at Ramada Beirut Downtown, assuring you of our best care and quality services at all time.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next booking, I will be pleased to arrange your accommodation.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Spend the week end with my wife
Friendly staff, polite , helpful and polite
A walking distance from many attractive places in D.T.
To visit for business or pleasure.
Many offers and services are offered at a very acceptable prices especially for family and week ends
An experience to be repeated

Room Tip: Take a suite
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us, the hotel location and our services. Please rest assure that I will share your comments with our Team.